Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 03-28-2020, 03:19 PM

Advertise Here

Kansas Terri * God bless you too! My mother has a suspicion of cancer and kidney failure, so i understand you. Yes, but several privat services, and for many people its not cheep. From this day closed driveways between cities, in the suburbs there will definitely not be delivery. Oh, i don* know, there is big difference between cities... And no medical delivery.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndiinHole For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 04:30 PM
MakeOrwell Fiction Again

Thanked 10,226 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiinHole View Post
Friends, thanks for participating. If you wish to know something about Ukraine, ask me. Last 20 years we have Soviet Union fall, few defaults, gangsterism, 2 revolutions, couple of pandemic and a bunch of interesting things.So maybe, it will be usefull in case of zombiapocalypse)))

I think you should write about these times and experiences. Ukrainians are resourceful and creative people. Tell us how they dealt with all of that. Tricks mastered, lessons learned.

Start writing, publish weekly, and ask for something like $1USD for a month subscription.

You won't make a living but you could make few dollars, teach us something, and maybe learn a few things yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,446 Times in 5,448 Posts

Perhaps you should advertise yourself as a private delivery person?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:27 AM

If it doesn't look like begging, then why not.

In general, everything is simple. After the collapse of the USSR, left a lot of goods produced in the SU. The mafia from former officials turned around on the sale of equipment. Smaller bandits sold high-precision equipment and devices to China. Ordinary people traded on the market, generally doing everything they could. No one had a weapon, and yet, although I do not remember the 90s, I found times when the police could search any passerby. The bandits were not searched, so the property of the state was stolen without problems, no one could give back. Now the former bandits have become officials, half of the youth work in Poland, the villages have died out, and everyone is settled in life as best he can. Although I am sure those who settled down well will say that I'm lying))) Here's a story of survival - the absence of civil society, meanness, and long boring work. I think so in all countries of the former USSR. Sorry for my terrible english
Old 03-29-2020, 08:31 AM

Over the years, the situation has become better, but the same mafiosi are sitting in the state apparatus. Constantly there is a struggle for power between factions. Therefore, in a crisis, all social problems worsened again.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:56 AM
Prepared

In Belgium medical care is almost for free, the working class their income is almost the same.
Of course our taxes are high but most of the sick people got a bed in the hospitals.
My personal situation is "good". I accept to pay (have too) the high income taxes (over 50 %)and the VAT of 21%.
My American friends I wish you all the best in these horrible situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2act For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 12:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,292 Times in 723 Posts

Friday got off the phone with old company I worked with . He wants to run small construction crews and project start to finish by the crew. I've always been the guy that wasn't scared to run the GPS dozer one day,labor the next. He also wants me back because his and my opsec is blown between us. I already lost a very good job due to Coronavirus hiring freeze and won't pass up on opportunities. There is alot we can do to minimize the effects of this virus if it's moderately to less severe.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:41 PM

Spoke about job with a neighbor, he is a builder. Starting tomorrow, all building work in my sity will be frozen. All exits from the city are blocked, left last one, it is not known how long. I saw something like this in movies.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndiinHole For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:44 PM

it is forbidden
Old 03-31-2020, 07:13 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,292 Times in 723 Posts

Work part time for a group of Townships. They're running short staffed because some employee's want to stay home at the moment. The last few employee's refuse to social distance or respect that someone wants to social distance. I refuse to work with them after I twice demanded one employee get out of my face. Had to shove my hand out and tell them to back the **** off yesterday. I don't think anyone is getting the message this could be a slog and if we don't follow some basic practices this isnt going to work. In a skill starved environment reducing the pool farther is going to cause issues.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,249 Times in 3,072 Posts

I think I saw some posts by someone claiming they make $90/hr by working at home using the internet...
Old 04-01-2020, 02:54 PM

Yeah, i saw something similar))
Old 04-01-2020, 03:03 PM

Yesterday, the Ukrainian government banned from appearing on the street alone or in a group (from 2 people), without an official permit from work. It is forbidden to visit suburban areas, parks, forests. Unfortunately, this is not a joke. There is no question of any job searches or sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndiinHole For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 03:17 PM

Friends. Last night, the Ukrainian parliament passed a law on the sale of land. This is very bad.
A bit of history.
After the collapse of the USSR, they did the same with factories and machinery. Under the pretext of fair competition, all this was bought up by officials and bandits, dismantled, and sold for a penny. Now that there is practically no industry in Ukraine, they also want to do the same with arable land. Since many people do not agree with this, and the law has already been passed, a civil war is possible. We already have one in the east. Itís scary even to write about all this.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:12 PM

Because can’t go out on the streets, I’ll concentrate on drawing my 3-d models.
I’ll try to do a normal full article tomorrow afternoon about the situation in our country, quarantine, and how people live and what they are doing. I will call friends, acquaintances, compile everything and post it here. Good health to all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndiinHole For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 06:48 PM
I give up

Thanked 21,845 Times in 5,592 Posts

Jobs that are doing well right now include delivery drivers for take out food (pizza) , package delivery and grocery stores. Also health care of Covid patients AND funeral/mortuary workers.

You can be sure that grocery store clerks will get sick and need to be replaced.

It's always good to take a careful look at what is needed, and join those providing those needs. What ever you do, be safe and use a quality mask.

You have my best wishes and you are in my thoughts!
The Following User Says Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,248 Posts

Webcam sex sites.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiberius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiinHole View Post
Thanks, i*l try. I am from Vinnitsa, it's like 5 percent of Kiev))
Code.

It's not like you can learn to be an expert programmer in a week. But you can learn basic HTML/CSS/JavaScript inside of a few months. You won't likely be very good yet. But it might be enough to get an entry level job that can turn out to be well paying as you build skills.

Kiev, Lviv, Odessa all have many firms that bring in U.S. and European $$$ to Ukraine. There's probably 10 outsource companies within a few blocks of Maidan Nezalezhnosti. Your services will be marked up by business owners of course. But still be sold at competitive rates to U.S. and European coders. (And this isn't just to make owners rich, there's costs to having sales and marketing and some project management in U.S. and EMEA.) Right now, everyone is working from home and your metro is shut down, at least in big cities that I'm aware of. But you can still study while you seek other work and maybe reach out to people you know in the business.

So when all is said and done, you can earn a really good living there if you can develop some coding talent. You are too far to commute easily to Kyiv. But maybe there's something closer to you. (Top coders can work from anywhere. Entry level, you're going to need to be in the office.) You can earn maybe $1,000/month, (maybe less to start), as a very junior developer. Get some real skills and you can double or triple that. Any U.S. folks reading this are thinking, that's nothing! But where you are, that's an amazing entry level salary and with real skills getting you a few thousand $$$/month you know you can live very nicely there on that.

So scramble to survive as you must for now. But if you think you can work hard and build software development skills, that's a major way up there.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Prepared

Thanked 18,721 Times in 8,573 Posts

I was irritated that America doesn't make many things any more, but realized that scarcity can create opportunity. So we began selling vintage American goods and antiques, old objects made in the USA. The fact that we don't make much of anything is now used to my advantage. And even though the antique shops are closed, we always maintain a large backlog.

All of these lockdowns create a lot of need, and there may be opportunity there too. I don't know the Ukrainian situation but in my state there are many "essential" sectors still open for business and operation. Far more than I would have expected. It could be that some of these businesses are even much busier than usual. So it might be worthwhile to sit down at the telephone and call some of them up, they may need temporary workers right now. Especially shipping, warehousing, freight handling and that kind of work.

If I was unemployed right now I'd offer my services in IT, consulting with school districts on distant learning technologies. We are experiencing an historic change in our society right now, and there may be new opportunities that open up.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:20 AM

Land sale, humanity and the law on the example of one school.[/B]

Hello friends. I am starting a series of articles dedicated in harsh conditions using the example of my long-suffering country, Ukraine. Please do not think that by showing the unsightly sides of my homeland, I want to humiliate it. Strength is in truth, and in order to cure a disease, one does not need to be silent about it.

I hope this information will help you in developing a survival strategy in various conditions.

If you, dear readers, want to help me in this work, you can donate money to a webmoney: z286015769739

bitcoin: b5105f0d-fc28-40de-a96b-711e42433318

As I wrote earlier, during quarantine, because of the coronavirus, the Ukrainian Parliament passed a law on the sale of private land. Earlier, a moratorium was imposed on the sale. The sale of state land was and remains prohibited. Prohibited!!!

Please look at these photos. This is a school that I graduated 17 years ago.
The right wing, which in the photo is higher than the rest of the building,
was built even when I was studying. Now it is almost finished.
Do you think it was built for so long due to financial reasons?
No. It was built for so long because it violates all the laws of Ukraine.
And moral laws.

If you look closely at the photo below,
you will notice that the layout of the outbuilding is the layout of a residential building,
not an administrative one.
This building is planned to be used as a hotel.

During the construction of this building, 6 presidents of Ukraine, 10 prime ministers,
8 parliaments, 5 mayor of our sity, police and prosecutor officers,
2 headmasters of the school
were replaces. No one has been charged. Building continues.

An indicator how long the police did not come to this building can be the fact that
drug dealers arranged a point of sale near. Alas, i can not provide photos of them.

You can also to check another photos of the territory, to see how sold part of school
land helped to another building recovery

You ask me, how does this all relate to survival, for example, an Englishman,
or worker from Detroit?

To a situation where municipal property is illegally sold, there are several reasons.
But the main thing is the idiot incident, whan the municipal goverment is elected, and the pilice are apointed
by the same goverment. In this way mafia grup is formed, and it is impossible to force anyone to answer belong the law.

WEll, HERE IS A SURVIVAL STRATEGY TO YOU.

If you do not want to see, how you teenage daughter studiing at the hotel backyard near the drug dealers,
demand the election the police!!!! Mayby than officers will work for a people.

https://ibb.co/Czn3j7V
https://ibb.co/7nrQbTt
https://ibb.co/Fg1gddz
https://ibb.co/DQg6L75
https://ibb.co/HNwSq4n
https://ibb.co/MPN6m2C
https://ibb.co/tYqGm89