Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using gas cans to fill up car is weird according to neighbors. nameless_warrior Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 62 11-04-2018 12:14 PM
Water in the gas Bearsclaw 73 DIY - Do It Yourself 19 10-09-2018 09:09 PM
Generator natural gas line questions NJPrepper Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 25 02-11-2018 09:34 AM
Venting a plastic gas can. Pops-a-Vent MattB4 Reviews and questions 0 09-22-2017 08:56 AM
Off-The-Shelf Wood Gas Generator? TacticalFarmer Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-05-2017 04:36 PM

Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,020 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosmom2 View Post
Our new governor here in WI, wants to raise gas taxes .08 more per gallon to "fix the roads". Yeah right. Is there some reason that cutting spending is not a consideration here in WI and in the Federal government to cover fixing the infrastructure?

Stop taxing us to death!!! Cut your damn spending!!!
Consider yourself lucky at only .08, as the Gov here in Mich is proposing a .45 per gallon increase to fix our roads, and also, our auto insurance rates one of the top three highest in the nation, are going to take a jump higher.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,314 Times in 1,853 Posts

Because cars get better mileage now state here wants to switch to a different system like charge per mile. This would also catch alternative fueled vehicles like electric, propane, or natural gas.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:18 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,240 Times in 747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmas View Post
Because cars get better mileage now state here wants to switch to a different system like charge per mile. This would also catch alternative fueled vehicles like electric, propane, or natural gas.
This has been brought up in the past and is something I can see happening.
It is for this reason that I keep a 1989 Ford Festiva around. 50MPG and has a speedometer CABLE..that can easily be disconnected.
The Following User Says Thank You to mark68 For This Useful Post:

Old 04-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark68 View Post
This has been brought up in the past and is something I can see happening.
It is for this reason that I keep a 1989 Ford Festiva around. 50MPG and has a speedometer CABLE..that can easily be disconnected.
Yeah, with my pair of Festies ('89 & '90) sittin' here and winter about gone, I can drive the ol' '87 Ranger STX less. Kommiefornia gas prices are goin' up just a tad.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
I paid $2.19 at Costco the other day. It's $2.59 at the other places. But our grocery store rewards card normally drops a dollar per gallon off my wife's refills. We're nowhere near $3 let alone getting close to $4.
The grocery store fuel rewards cards can be a great idea IF you are not getting ripped off on the prices of the groceries. If paying more for the groceries to save less on a fillup then not such a great idea.

I split my grocery shopping between Kroger and walmart and regularly compare prices at each.

Many times our grocery will offer bonus fuel points on the receipt for doing an online survey that takes only a few minutes. I get the majority of my fuel 'points' that way vs actually buying a large volume of groceries from them.

Our grocery fuel points here are also limited to a single use of up to 35 gallons. My trucks holds 25 gallons and I make sure that if I am redeeming a lot of points that I have a few 5 gallon gas cans in the back to make sure I get the full 35 gallons of discounted fuel.