Survivalist Forum banner

Crocheted Blankets

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  two bits 
#1 ·
#4 ·
try here.
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=crochet blanket&ref=auto1&as_prefix=crochet b

they aren't cheap. They are very labor intensive. As a general idea of the time it takes - I am working on a knitted scarf for a friend and I probably have about 12hrs into it now.

You might just continue checking the thrift stores and yard sales if you don't want to spend that kind of money they are asking or maybe wait until after Christmas.

#6 ·
I am unable to open the photo, but something like this takes a month or so to make. Depending on design, size , and colors. My daughter crochet s blankets hats and assorted items. I don't think she has anything bigger than a baby blanket on hand. I can ask.

U can PM me for more details.

#8 ·
Remember that handmade crochet items are labor intensive and lots of time to make. Custom made items are made as per the customers request. Questions concerning color, design, size, texture, weight, are all necessary. A picture of the item is always helpful.
For a direct contact, PM me.

#9 ·
I just saw a post on Craigslist Tulsa last night, advertising handmade crochet items for Christmas. Remembering this post, I then checked Marketplace on FB for Tulsa a found a few more.
If buying from a source like those 2 bothers you, visit a yarn store. The people there will either do it for you or more than likely put you in touch with people who can. People who work in craft stores, fabric and yarn stores, often make extra money by taking on such jobs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.