How about a tactical spoon? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here

Old 10-23-2019, 11:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts

Advertise Here

I carry a spork for eating things. Not so much self defense.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 AM
No One of Consequence

Thanked 3,267 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
They probably killed more by giving away MREs. There was one that had little cocktail wieners in it. It was called "The five Fingers of Death". No kidding.
I actually liked that MRE, there were worse ones than that in those days... Like the Chicken a la King, for example.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrettTheOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 01:16 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTheOkie View Post
I actually liked that MRE, there were worse ones that that in those days... Like the Chicken a la King, for example.
I liked it also, Chicken a la King was my favorite,and those chocolate covered oat cookies was MMM MMM good, I preferred C RATS only C Rat I couldnt eat was the egg thing whatever the heck it was
Old 10-24-2019, 05:51 AM
Thread killer

Thanked 1,617 Times in 763 Posts

I suppose if I were being dragged from my vehicle by some friendly religion of pieces types or the brotherhood of face tattoos, and my only defence were a spoon, my last thought would be how miserably I had failed as a prepped/survivalist.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chops For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 06:46 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,019 Times in 20,524 Posts

I would just carry a baggie full of toxic spiders.

If you get attacked, deploy the trained, tactical, toxic spiders.

Lightweight, silent, untraceable, metal detector proof. ")

And if you need cordage, have them spin you some.

Yup, I never go anywhere without my bag of spiders.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 11:12 AM
Kiss my Grass

Thanked 2,268 Times in 741 Posts

I don't rely on spoons for defense.

Anything under a ladle caliber has been proven unrealiable in home defense and combat scenarios.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ManVsLawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,405 Posts

I have to relay a story that my Dad told me years ago.
He was a colorful man. Especially when he got in his cups, as he was prone to do frequently.

One day, he and two of his buddy's decided to visit a colorful bar in a part of town they didn't normally frequent. They were enjoying some beers and getting along fine until they got into a discussion of how the music was not of the Country and Western variety of their normal hangouts. Deciding they didn't like it, one of the guys unplugged the little jukebox so they could finish their beers in peace. This naturally caused a little flurry of attention (like they already were not getting attention) until one of the regular patrons plugged it back in. After talking it over, my Dad and friends decided on a different course of action. They determined it would be better if they just moved the juke out the door and onto the sidewalk.
Before they got it to the door, the regulars voiced their displeasure and began to advance on them. Dad, with malice aforethought, had earlier secreted a spoon from the bar in his back pocket. Dad was on the bar side of the jukebox and was signalled from his friend on the door side that he might want to check his six. Dad spun around while pulling his spoon and brandished it threateningly at their would-be attackers. In no uncertain terms he announced, "Nobody move! We have spoons, and we know how to use them!"
Much to Dad and friends surprise, this seemed to throw the regulars off balance enough to allow them to make their hasty escape.
That would have been something to witness!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Prepared

I don't know a spoon might work as a decent weapon since i remember from when I was younger a wooden spoon worked really well to dissuade us kids from doing something stupid. You don't mess with grandma in her kitchen. Those freshly baked cookies were hard earned sometimes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLeeS1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeeS1983 View Post
I don't know a spoon might work as a decent weapon since i remember from when I was younger a wooden spoon worked really well to dissuade us kids from doing something stupid. You don't mess with grandma in her kitchen. Those freshly baked cookies were hard earned sometimes.
Makes me think of a time growing up. My brother and I had done something particularly stupid and gotten caught. Our mother had a particular wooden spoon kept separate for "corrective measures", and this time she was waving it around with some gusto. About halfway through her lecturing at us, she swung the spoon down into the counter and split the thing clear in half. She didn't even miss a beat or react to it, but just kept going. Needless to say, we were both terrified because 1) she just split the freaking spoon in half like a twig, and 2) oh crap, she's now got a shank! Years later, I don't remember what we had done exactly, but we've both tried to never do it again.

I don't think she ever replaced that spoon. Just went and got the one she kept in the car...just in case...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bodhran777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2019, 08:01 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
you could always drill a hole in the middle of the handle to attach 2 of the spoons together...then separate...then you have a ninja Star spoon.
Actually to do that properly you have to drill and connect FOUR spoons, sharpen their edges and play them like a canasta and stomp the guy's face in with your pointed toe, Flamico fence climbing boots!
Old 10-27-2019, 10:34 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,361 Times in 834 Posts

Spoon no.

But I do have a tactical spatula I bought over at Spatula City. Al recommended it highly.
The Following User Says Thank You to xstuntman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Here Another Day!

Thanked 2,121 Times in 683 Posts

I haven't seen advertised for a while. I thought Titanium was the way to go. It's suppose to fight bacteria? Here's some that fold.

https://keithtitanium.com/product/CUTLERY/
Old 10-27-2019, 11:17 AM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,226 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
I saw some Jason Strathan movie where he's in Vegas and takes on 6 guys outside of a diner armed with only a spoon and butter server. Yeah, a tad far fetched but I see value in every-day items utilized in a pinch.

I personally carry all-metal pens due to the fact that they are a great potential weapon and are stronger than most plastic pens.

A spoon is another thing to have, stash a few in the car console, although you may get busted as a junkie having one. In RL, I never knew one single junkie that used a spoon to cook his drugs. But people believe what they see in the movies and on TV.

The lowly spoon, the forward edge can be sharpened very easily with a Dremel or a file. Old spoons can be found at thrift shops and garage sales for pennies.

Some have a thicker center section, possibly clam-shelled with 2 pieces of decorative wood or plastic. I would just shrink a piece of electrical tubing over it and call it done for a better grip.

The back of the handle can have an edge on it as well, a tool that can be used in both directions without letting go of it. I did a search and came up with nothing as a spoon used for anything other than eating. Any opinions or experience?
Spoons are for the weak.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1969 View Post
I haven't seen advertised for a while. I thought Titanium was the way to go. It's suppose to fight bacteria? Here's some that fold.

https://keithtitanium.com/product/CUTLERY/
Its for ultralight backpacking. I only like the polished titanium utensils. The natural stuff is abrasive.
The Following User Says Thank You to GatorFL For This Useful Post: