New to AZ, following a dream, Land, Tiny house zoning rights etc ....etc - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,646 Times in 5,685 Posts

Advertise Here

As others have said, stay the hell out of Pima County. Tucson is a pro-illegal sanctuary city. Tucson PD used to be great many years ago in the days of Chief Rondstadt. Now, political correctness and protection of illegals has taken hold. Pima County Board of Supervisors corruption is well known. Add in it is a corridor for illegal immigration.

Phoenix Metro area - the only reason I go there is the job sometimes requires it.

Yuma - hot!

Santa Cruz County - used to be staunch conservative. Now hard core leftist.

Coconino County - the major population centers of Flagstaff and Sedona swing very left.

Mohave County - staunchly conservative. Bullhead City is not far from Laughlin or Vegas.

Gila County - major population center is Payson. Great area.

Yavapai County - staunchly conservative. Major population centers are Prescott and Prescott Valley

Graham County - major population centers are Safford and Thatcher. Heavy ranching, Mormons very well represented.

Cochise County - major population center is Wilcox. Nice little town.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,275 Posts

If / when I move to AZ it will definitely be in the Tucson or Phoenix area.

I wish conser minded folks wouldn't just flat out be turned off / write off "urban areas", and just vote to change things.

Many of us have careers that depend on that environment, andnnot everyone wants to be in an isolated area, even as a prepper / survivalist.

People complain about urban areas being liberal cesspools, but avoiding urban areas entirely won't change that.

A huge part of the economy is also driven in cities, you should fight to take them back, not surrender them.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 03:20 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 9,303 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
If / when I move to AZ it will definitely be in the Tucson or Phoenix area.

I wish conser minded folks wouldn't just flat out be turned off / write off "urban areas", and just vote to change things.

Many of us have careers that depend on that environment, andnnot everyone wants to be in an isolated area, even as a prepper / survivalist.

People complain about urban areas being liberal cesspools, but avoiding urban areas entirely won't change that.

A huge part of the economy is also driven in cities, you should fight to take them back, not surrender them.

Noble idea but you are just peeing in the wind. The Dems welfare rat serfs breed faster then conservatives could move in, even if they wanted to.

I prefer not to live in such conditions and even if city was conservative we prefer to be away from crowds.

On Edit: Just because your job is in the city doesn't mean you have to live in it. You could commute from somewhere less crowded for work. Or like I mentioned, if circumstances allow, work in a smaller community.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
As others have said, stay the hell out of Pima County. Tucson is a pro-illegal sanctuary city. Tucson PD used to be great many years ago in the days of Chief Rondstadt. Now, political correctness and protection of illegals has taken hold. Pima County Board of Supervisors corruption is well known. Add in it is a corridor for illegal immigration.

Phoenix Metro area - the only reason I go there is the job sometimes requires it.

Yuma - hot!

Santa Cruz County - used to be staunch conservative. Now hard core leftist.

Coconino County - the major population centers of Flagstaff and Sedona swing very left.

Mohave County - staunchly conservative. Bullhead City is not far from Laughlin or Vegas.

Gila County - major population center is Payson. Great area.

Yavapai County - staunchly conservative. Major population centers are Prescott and Prescott Valley

Graham County - major population centers are Safford and Thatcher. Heavy ranching, Mormons very well represented.

Cochise County - major population center is Wilcox. Nice little town.
Biggest little city in Cochise County is Sierra Vista it has 10x the population of Wilcox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arizona Tom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Prepared

Watching as well........
The Following User Says Thank You to hoodoo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Noble idea but you are just peeing in the wind. The Dems welfare rat serfs breed faster then conservatives could move in, even if they wanted to.

I prefer not to live in such conditions and even if city was conservative we prefer to be away from crowds.

On Edit: Just because your job is in the city doesn't mean you have to live in it. You could commute from somewhere less crowded for work. Or like I mentioned, if circumstances allow, work in a smaller community.
Perhaps when I have a good amount of money and can afford a nice truck or something, that would be a possibility.

I drive a v8 two door sports car and don't want to pile miles on in a daily commute if I can avoid it.

But my point is this: surrendering all the cities in the nation to liberals is stupid. You are basically giving up at a large scale.

YOU personally may not need a city, but we as a country do. And just saying "oh, they are full of liberals stay away" does nothing to actually fight the liberal mentality.

It's giving up. Whst kind of patriot gives up?

The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 01:59 PM

The USA as a country is not a going concern at this point, except perhaps as a prison facility to contain all of us, but not in the sense that we remembered it. So if the new US of A needs cities to survive-- all the more reason to see the blue hives fall via their own stupidity and vice (aka Detroit in 60s, and San Fran and New Orleans today). Their works need to bring about the fruits of their labors, and far be it from me to intervene or delay the consequences of their actions.

The average US city has NOTHING on biblical sodom and gomorrah and going back to live in a big box Orwellian dystopia is something I only want to consider after the vultures get done picking the city dwellers GRIDs infected corpses and trash piles of dung clean.

The loss of the USA was a terrible thing, but there are stages of grief and at this point, I have left the denial stage behind and am largely in acceptance. I cannot bring what was, back to life after it is dead. "He's dead Jim". We can only move forward and build something new.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eleven11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,646 Times in 5,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Tom View Post
Biggest little city in Cochise County is Sierra Vista it has 10x the population of Wilcox.
Apologies.....and even though I'd forgotten about Sorry Vista, and had been there at least 30 times, always thought it was part of Santa Cruz County.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,162 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Tom View Post
Yeah, I would stay away from the border with Mexico and Sierra Vista is a major smuggling/trafficking area. Heavy border patrol presence, etc. If I have to go for work, I get in early and get out early, as the real fun, starts when the sun goes down and you don't want any part of it, etc.

Lot of nice houses and nice people in Sierra Vista, as it borders a military base, but I would take a pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
Perhaps when I have a good amount of money and can afford a nice truck or something, that would be a possibility.

I drive a v8 two door sports car and don't want to pile miles on in a daily commute if I can avoid it.

But my point is this: surrendering all the cities in the nation to liberals is stupid. You are basically giving up at a large scale.

YOU personally may not need a city, but we as a country do. And just saying "oh, they are full of liberals stay away" does nothing to actually fight the liberal mentality.

It's giving up. Whst kind of patriot gives up?

It is not giving up to recognize the facts of the situation. The facts that are borne out by voting registrations, welfare numbers and crime statistics.

You remind me of the people in CA who kept telling me that we just needed to vote the Dems out of office there.

They held this delusional belief despite knowing the voting districts being gerrymandered so that on election night there were now literally ZERO districts where the winning party wasn't a foregone conclusion. The incumbent might get voted out but they would be replaced with someone from the same party.

The Republican Party has become irrelevant to the politics of CA. The Dems have an unshakeable super majority hold on the State Legislature and can pass any Bill without needing a single Repub vote.

The same thing is happening at the city level (in all states) as the Dems welfare serfs out breed conservatives by a huge margin.

As to your "choice" to live in a city...no one is forcing you to drive a V8 sports car. You are using your choice of a gas guzzler to justify the decision to live in a crowded urban cesspool filled with liberal welfare rats, while framing it as a patriotic action.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Some more random thoughts:

1. Anywhere in the rural Western US requires driving, and lots of it.

1.1 Fuel price is always a concern, but don't use it as an excuse to only buy small commuter city cars. Remember there are critters out here. A bull Elk is over 1000 pounds and with a rack-- is higher than the top of most lifted trucks. You don't want to hit one in a little car and have it go through the windshield: you will be scooped out with a wet-vac. You really need to have at least one 4x4 truck (I prefer the non-spark infested variety) or a truck and an AWD car/suv. I would buy cars used and drive them into the ground. Have lots of backups, wrench on one and drive the other.

1.2 Miles on the highway is not the same thing as miles around town. Constant stopping and going is far harsher on a vehicle. 120K miles on a modern car is NOTHING. You will put far less wear and tear on a vehicle with highway driving. For example, I can drive 60 miles here and hardly touch the brake pedal. Nothing rusts here as well. I have cars/trucks going back to the 60's... little to no rust.

2. Consider a remote job-- or get the job FIRST-- before moving. There are insurance companies that have remote reps that only need internet access and they pay pretty well and have benefits.

3. Best not to depend on living high on the hog, because premium jobs can go away and you won't likely find another in the community that pays the same. Shoot for blue collar jobs that pay in the 30-60's. I didn't do this and got accustomed to making a ton more money than I have this year. it is a bit hard to keep employment going since my field is specialized, but I do lots of work for clients working remotely. I would have been better served being a plumber or welder...
Thanks for those words of wisdom.
which reminds me, I have to get this off my chest, im still upset about it and its all my fault. Me and my wife bought a 2007 Sienna, It drives excellent, no issues , no lights , scan tool didnt bring up anything at least. BUT..
On my phone when i was checking the vin, I skimmed through too fast and after making sure it was not salvaged or flooded, I MISSED OUT on reading the vehicle history...
The vehicle had been clocked at 168k Miles ..BACK IN 2015.........my odometer reads 135k...

REALISTICALLY, if you think about it, the vehicle most likely has 248k miles...i say that because judging by its clocked history ..it was averaging at 21k miles PER YEAR....

Im so stupid to have done this, me and my wife paid 3500 bux, for a vehicle with a mileage discrepancy. I DOUBT we will ever be able to sell it now, and if ANYTHING happens to it, it wont be worth fixing.
I better pray for our/her sake when she finally manage to get a job (along with myself), it lasts at least a YEAR, that way we can live super cheap (beans and rice, tuna fish,) and save enough to buy something we KNOW the history of.

Seems like each day, another stupid mistake I make, at the most worst period of time in our lives lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotataco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotataco View Post
Thanks for those words of wisdom.
which reminds me, I have to get this off my chest, im still upset about it and its all my fault. Me and my wife bought a 2007 Sienna, It drives excellent, no issues , no lights , scan tool didnt bring up anything at least. BUT..
On my phone when i was checking the vin, I skimmed through too fast and after making sure it was not salvaged or flooded, I MISSED OUT on reading the vehicle history...
The vehicle had been clocked at 168k Miles ..BACK IN 2015.........my odometer reads 135k...

REALISTICALLY, if you think about it, the vehicle most likely has 248k miles...i say that because judging by its clocked history ..it was averaging at 21k miles PER YEAR....

Im so stupid to have done this, me and my wife paid 3500 bux, for a vehicle with a mileage discrepancy. I DOUBT we will ever be able to sell it now, and if ANYTHING happens to it, it wont be worth fixing.
I better pray for our/her sake when she finally manage to get a job (along with myself), it lasts at least a YEAR, that way we can live super cheap (beans and rice, tuna fish,) and save enough to buy something we KNOW the history of.

Seems like each day, another stupid mistake I make, at the most worst period of time in our lives lol.
You bought the car from a dealer or what? Your State might have laws that cover this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 10:09 AM
covfefe

Thanked 3,523 Times in 1,141 Posts

check out Cochise county.
Land can be purchased for less than $1000 an acre.
There are many lots that owe back taxes where you can probably get it for next to nothing.
You can get a no inspection building permit for $105.
If you get property up against the Dragoon mountains (east side) or the Chiricahuas (west side) a well is not a problem. There are people on windmills.
If you want to haul water, there are water stations available.
The Following User Says Thank You to eskrima For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 11:49 AM

I bought 40 acres in Navajo County for $1200. Check the Navajo County page for back tax land sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to Walter For This Useful Post: