Woman pulls gun on four innocent Black Boys. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 08-18-2019, 08:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,110 Times in 1,356 Posts
Default Woman pulls gun on four innocent Black Boys.

Advertise Here

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-blac...141725967.html

Yahoo news made this a big deal here in Arkansas. A white woman home alone hears a knock at her door and sees four Black Teenage Boys outside. She gets a gun and goes out the back door and holds the boys at gunpoint until the police arrive. The boys were trying to raise money for the local high school football team. People are falling all over themselves stating what a horrible thing it was for that woman to do. Bleeding hearts were all over this post.

My neighbor was a banker in Little Rock AR. until he retired and moved near me in rural North Arkansas. His home in Little Rock suffered three burglaries that were perpetrated by black suspects who came to the front door, knocked with some kind of phony solicitation story and when no one answered they would kick in the door and burglarize the house. He lost his guns in the first burglary. Afterwards he installed an alarm, camera and gun safe. The second and third burglaries costs him over $500 in repairs for the broken door and jamb. But he didn't have any property taken.

This first incident occurred in Wynn, Arkansas. I sympathize with the woman. This is a sign of the times. People are demanding action against her but I think an apology would suffice. Black crime has aroused a lot of people and this town has its fair share of black crime. Give the lady a break.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2019, 08:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,308 Times in 3,537 Posts

She should have just not opened the door
Old 08-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,773 Times in 7,878 Posts

I had a problem with a black man on the bus, acting lewd towards me. Tried to sit next to me and pin me over by the window. I got up quickly and knocked him on the floor.

Didn't plan that, but I own it. All the women on the bus (it was full) were laughing. He went and sat in the back.

I had my stun gun in hand when I got off at my stop but he didn't follow me. I have a man and a pretty obvious tungsten wedding band. I think he was just testing me but this is what keeps "normal" people off the bus.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 08:47 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 8,942 Times in 3,288 Posts

I can sympathies with the woman but I too think she should have just armed herself and not answered the door.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,064 Times in 1,769 Posts

People have the right to self defense by owning firearms. With that right comes the responsibility of understanding the laws and following them.

This woman will be lucky if she isn't charged.

As others have said she should have stayed in the house, armed, called PD and waited. Now if they start to break the door down, then that's a reason to shoot.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 41,744 Times in 12,913 Posts

She's the type of person that gives all other responsible gun owners a bad name. When you defend her actions, so do you. If these had been your kids she held hostage would you accept only an apology?
Old 08-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,475 Times in 4,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
I can sympathies with the woman but I too think she should have just armed herself and not answered the door.
Per the OP text she did not answer the door, she grabbed her hog leg, went out the back door, circled the house, and threw down on them, called the police. Pretty ballsy for a little old lady.

I would of grabbed the gun, sit quietly ignoring them and they would either go away or start something. They would have to do the first move more than ringing the doorbell.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to real wowwee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 72,739 Times in 19,559 Posts

If one of those black kids had been armed, would he have been in his rights to shoot her in fear for his life?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,213 Times in 2,983 Posts

She was former law enforcement according to article. She knew better.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 72,739 Times in 19,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
Maybe there's a good reason why she's FORMER law enforcement.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by real wowwee View Post
Per the OP text she did not answer the door, she grabbed her hog leg, went out the back door, circled the house, and threw down on them, called the police. Pretty ballsy for a little old lady.

I would of grabbed the gun, sit quietly ignoring them and they would either go away or start something. They would have to do the first move more than ringing the doorbell.
I am aware of what the OP stated and was simply agreeing with what sonya1 posted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:02 AM
Survivor

Remember what I said about my neighbor's $500 repair bill for fixing the door that had been kicked in on all three of his burglaries. I would rather answer the door with gun in hand hidden. The favorite ploy for daytime burglaries these days is knocking on the door and when finding no one is home, force entry and take items. If someone answers just make up something, "I'm collecting for the Community Welfare Fund". Then go to the next home until you find the owners are at work..

Sad part about my neighbor's burglaries is , He didn't have any serial numbers of his guns that were stolen. Now he has a gun safe, serial numbers and all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Survivor

I still believe a person has the right to protect their property when felt threatened. If she was a former LEO she knows the ploy mentioned in my last post.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
Or perhaps she recognized some or all of the "youths" from her LEO days and let that cloud her judgement. Though that could possibly be a factor as to why she is no longer in LE.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I still believe a person has the right to protect their property when felt threatened. If she was a former LEO she knows the ploy mentioned in my last post.
Unless the youths were already wanted for a string of burglaries she would still need to wait until an unlawful act was committed though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:40 AM
New Libertarian

Thanked 11,863 Times in 4,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
If one of those black kids had been armed, would he have been in his rights to shoot her in fear for his life?
Probably not, depending on the states stand your ground laws, if any.

Here in PA you cannot claim SYG if you are not in a place you are lawfully permitted to be.
Here if she would have No Trespassing signs and the boys came up on her property I don't believe they would have a case for SYG.
And I'm not even sure signage would be required really.

That said, I doubt should could claim it as a defense here either as one has to be in fear for their life or another or must be stopping a felony to claim SYG.
(loose requirements are what I'm stating for the sake of conversation in this thread, not a legal definition)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 12:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,308 Times in 3,537 Posts

We used to get all sorts of people that came to the door when we lived in Orlando. I had a awesome door, it had a little square window you could open and look out and talk to whoever is there without opening the door. The door opened outward, so it would not have been easy to kick in either. I would just open this little door and ask what they want, then send them on their way. There was not a single person EVER at my door that I didn't know, that I WANTED there! Why are people still going door to door? I wished there was a law against THAT! Don't go on private property unless you are invited or the mail man! Sending school kids, or any other kids door to door is just short of criminal imo.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,394 Times in 18,536 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-blac...141725967.html

Yahoo news made this a big deal here in Arkansas. A white woman home alone hears a knock at her door and sees four Black Teenage Boys outside. She gets a gun and goes out the back door and holds the boys at gunpoint until the police arrive. The boys were trying to raise money for the local high school football team. People are falling all over themselves stating what a horrible thing it was for that woman to do. Bleeding hearts were all over this post.

My neighbor was a banker in Little Rock AR. until he retired and moved near me in rural North Arkansas. His home in Little Rock suffered three burglaries that were perpetrated by black suspects who came to the front door, knocked with some kind of phony solicitation story and when no one answered they would kick in the door and burglarize the house. He lost his guns in the first burglary. Afterwards he installed an alarm, camera and gun safe. The second and third burglaries costs him over $500 in repairs for the broken door and jamb. But he didn't have any property taken.

This first incident occurred in Wynn, Arkansas. I sympathize with the woman. This is a sign of the times. People are demanding action against her but I think an apology would suffice. Black crime has aroused a lot of people and this town has its fair share of black crime. Give the lady a break.
They were on her property without permission. There were four of them vs one of her. And, if we're to believe the FBI statistics, young, black males (on a per capita basis) perpetrate the vast majority of America's violent crimes. She didn't commit a crime so no harm ... no foul.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:58 PM
si vis pacem para bellum

Thanked 9,236 Times in 2,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
She's the type of person that gives all other responsible gun owners a bad name. When you defend her actions, so do you. If these had been your kids she held hostage would you accept only an apology?
I don't normally agree with the things you post Jojo, but this is one I have to definitely side with you on.

As other posters on here pointed out, she should never have confronted them unless they posed a clear and present threat. Then and only then would she have been justified in her actions.

Just because you own a gun, does not give you the authority to pull it on every single person you come in contact with.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
They were on her property without permission. There were four of them vs one of her. And, if we're to believe the FBI statistics, young, black males (on a per capita basis) perpetrate the vast majority of America's violent crimes. She didn't commit a crime so no harm ... no foul.
Maybe not a crime there but in some areas it would be "brandishing" which is a crime.