Russian nuclear-powered cruise missile blows up, creating “mini-Chernobyl” - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 08-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,045 Times in 2,808 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
Supposedly, the S-400's are the best anti-air missiles around, and the S-500's will be out soon.
Won't have nearly the range to touch the X37.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,511 Times in 6,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
They could defeat us in a conventional pier to pier fight. Sorry we focused all our attention on the war on terror.
Gotta disagree with you. For now at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 08:26 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,233 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
Gotta disagree with you. For now at least.
Yeah, with you on that. Not sure where someone would come up with a statement like he did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,616 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
Yeah, with you on that. Not sure where someone would come up with a statement like he did.
From the DOD , ever wonder why they started pushing for cold war style training again. They took a look at our military which is in shambles still from the obama administration era. They compared it to a peer to peer fight with China or Russian and are on equal terms technology wise. We would currently lose in a conventional fight. Troops for the Last 19 years focused on war on terrorism and so has the technology.

We have bloated projects like the f35 which is going to be a short lived air craft and the jotv is a nightmare humvee replacement
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
From the DOD , ever wonder why they started pushing for cold war style training again. They took a look at our military which is in shambles still from the obama administration era. They compared it to a peer to peer fight with China or Russian and are on equal terms technology wise. We would currently lose in a conventional fight. Troops for the Last 19 years focused on war on terrorism and so has the technology.

We have bloated projects like the f35 which is going to be a short lived air craft and the jotv is a nightmare humvee replacement
As long as you get to add the "Obama" play, it makes the post sound better and assures you "likes".

Typical patriot! Let's degrade the military and nation because you read some blog. The bad you mentioned is minuscule compared to the other two.

The F35 was awful from the start but Cheney wanted the F14 gone, now we are stuck with a Trillion dollar mistake. Don't forget that the F14's are still around and better than the vast majority of the others you talk about.

The cold war style training is kicked up again due to Russia aggression and the fact our NATO allies have let their military's fade. We literally have to get them back to speed, not because we need to create a huge immobile army again.

No one compares to the US peer to peer! No one. Russia got **** stomped in both Syria and Ukraine.
https://taskandpurpose.com/russia-me...defeat-details
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...er-tiger-14136

The Red China Gov and PLA can't communicate, have issues with chain of command and can't keep a force ready to mobilized. They literally covent ARMY SIZE over modern abilities. Their leaders are old and out of touch with modern combat. No allies = no joint abilities to communicate during a combat exercise let alone during combat. Oh, let's not forget their old gear is handed me downs from a Russia that failed as a nation and the new gear is untested that lacks a command that can utilize the modern ammenities the gear gives them. But hey, they have cool knock-off Diggies, right?
https://warisboring.com/the-chinese-...-paper-dragon/

That's just China, if you feel the need to continue, I can break out the wrongs with Russia for you too.

If you feel the need to respond, have an idea of what you are talking about besides, but, but....Obama. It's weak at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Prepper elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
As long as you get to add the "Obama" play, it makes the post sound better and assures you "likes".

Typical patriot! Let's degrade the military and nation because you read some blog. The bad you mentioned is minuscule compared to the other two.

The F35 was awful from the start but Cheney wanted the F14 gone, now we are stuck with a Trillion dollar mistake. Don't forget that the F14's are still around and better than the vast majority of the others you talk about.

The cold war style training is kicked up again due to Russia aggression and the fact our NATO allies have let their military's fade. We literally have to get them back to speed, not because we need to create a huge immobile army again.

No one compares to the US peer to peer! No one. Russia got **** stomped in both Syria and Ukraine.
https://taskandpurpose.com/russia-me...defeat-details
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...er-tiger-14136

The Red China Gov and PLA can't communicate, have issues with chain of command and can't keep a force ready to mobilized. They literally covent ARMY SIZE over modern abilities. Their leaders are old and out of touch with modern combat. No allies = no joint abilities to communicate during a combat exercise let alone during combat. Oh, let's not forget their old gear is handed me downs from a Russia that failed as a nation and the new gear is untested that lacks a command that can utilize the modern ammenities the gear gives them. But hey, they have cool knock-off Diggies, right?
https://warisboring.com/the-chinese-...-paper-dragon/

That's just China, if you feel the need to continue, I can break out the wrongs with Russia for you too.

If you feel the need to respond, have an idea of what you are talking about besides, but, but....Obama. It's weak at best.
Oh good I assume you attended the dod sponsored conference on this oh...wait that was me. Good luck with that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 09:42 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Oh good I assume you attended the dod sponsored conference on this oh...wait that was me. Good luck with that
Every event needs someone to serve water.

Either that or whoever paid for you to attend got ripped off.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 12:37 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 8,511 Times in 3,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I think there are 2 hypersonic maneuvering missiles being fielded by Russia, India and China. One starts out as a ballistic missile then becomes a maneuverable glide vehicle upon re-entry. The other is a more conventional surface to surface shorter range missile such as the India Brahmos missle demonstrated about a year ago (developed jointly with Russia).
If India is working with the Russians on such modern/advanced military ordnance, propulsion, etc., why the **** are we allowing our corporations to off-shore their technical support in India

Sadly, these *help desk* and *tech support* (and who knows what tier) guys routinely get access to client computers, phones, etc. via remote access willingly given by the customer, and there's no telling what they're doing during their 2 minute *waiting for the updates,* etc.

Stop the madness

Oh, that's right, we're a party to MAD

If this is part of the blackmail/bribery we have to pay to assure continued access to the space station, lift capability, etc., our military, aerospace industry, aerospace companies, aerospace research, NASA, etc. need to get ****ing moving on our space program before everything blows up in our faces (literally)

Follow the money...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 12:46 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 8,511 Times in 3,197 Posts

Quote:
the jotv is a nightmare humvee replacement

The HMMWV was a nightmare replacement for the M151 series Jeep
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 01:58 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 1,693 Times in 790 Posts

This kind of looks like a cheap version of the old Russian Cold War nuclear bomber program. Our program died partly because of cost, partly because in-flight refueling advances, and partly because an operable system would require an airborne nuclear reactor. We put a non-propulsive reactor on a B-36 as a test bed, but a transport full of Marines had to follow it in case it crashed or the reactor blew up. Talk about a crap detail.
The Russians managed to get a nuclear bomber in the air, but the program didn't last long because most of the crew died of cancer. As is usually the case, most of the Russian tech was stolen from the US. Since the Russians feel that theft is more economical than research, I'd bet that they stole our research on hypersonics, grafted on a "nuclear" engine, and discovered why the US stopped trying to develop a nuclear aircraft engine. ,
It wasn't Obama who decided to privatize the military, you can thank the Republicans for that genius plan. They figured that it was stupid to pay for a standing military and lots of military research when it could all be contracted out to the highest bidder. Blackwater, Halliburton and the rest would pay kickbacks and give "jobs" to people with the right political connections. I'm not an Obama fan, but he didn't try to shut down the VA and pull money out of the military budget to fund his vanity projects.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:28 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 64,088 Times in 19,726 Posts

I think Russia is only viewed as an enemy by the Deep State.

Russia does not act as a training ground for terrorists.
Russia is a Christian society.
Yes, Russia responds when we try to overthrow a government on their border or we impose trade or economic sanctions on them.

From my perspective, we have far greater enemies in this world than Russia, but if we keep pressuring them, I am sure we can make them into one.

One theory has been that most of our conflicts with Russia have been a simple competition as to which country gets to supply Europe Natural gas through a ME pipeline project that goes through much of the Middle East areas we have had military involvement in.

We say we support a free market economy, but rather then compete economically, we add military conflict as well as sanctions to the equation, and drum up rhetoric that the other side is evil.

And when they go to trade with someone else in the world, then we try to strongarm the world's other countries to shun them and only deal with us.

But it is pretty hard to control the entire world, so even highly sanctioned countries find a way to continue trading and surviving. Then they become super villain evil. they get the monicker "axis of evil", yet we continue to trade with China who I would categorize as much more evil than Russia, as they have outright stolen the South China Sea, and have built military air bases on the artificial islands they have built there. They will plunder the resources they have stolen from their neighboring countries.

They threaten to retake Taiwan, and just by their actions, signal an upcoming military campaign of conquest on the other countries in the region. The PI for example.

And talk about stealing US technology, China has done this to the Nth degree. Not sure how much Russia has stolen from the US, but I doubt it is 1/100 of what China has stolen.

The Democrat party in the US is the mouthpiece of the Deep State. So they continually employ rhetoric that Russia is evil. (But they accept Russian influence money when it suits them). Their bad mouthing Russia makes the Democrats appear to be Patriots, when in fact, they are a more dangerous enemy to the US consitution than Russia ever thought of being.

How much money did Russia pay Bill and Hillary for their fabulous speeches?
Here's one speech for 1/2 million dollars.
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ussian-nuclear
Here, they get $145 million for Uranium One.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...84e_story.html

One way the Deep State protects itself is by hurling the US into new wars. The nation will then be totally preoccupied with fighting those wars instead of dealing with the Deep State problem.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 06:28 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,511 Times in 6,086 Posts

Quote:

Those are all excellent points. I agree with you.

But both the Russians and the Chinese have problems which would hinder them every bit as much if not more so than the problems we have.

That may change. If they get their **** together, and they are trying and making gains, we are gonna have a problem maybe two problems. At the same time.

Right now.....I think we could take them. If we don't adapt and make the necessary changes I believe within 5 years you will be correct.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 20,309 Times in 6,544 Posts

Quote:
They could defeat us in a conventional pier to pier fight.
No. They really, really couldn’t.

Because there’s no such thing anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Prepper elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
No. They really, really couldn’t.

Because there’s no such thing anymore.
Yep you're right nobody has tanks ,troops or guns. We all found eternal love and peace
Old 08-14-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
They could defeat us in a conventional pier to pier fight. Sorry we focused all our attention on the war on terror.
It took me a minute, but I assume you meant to say "peer to peer" and not peir to pier as in boat docks?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Prepper elite

Quote:
It took me a minute, but I assume you meant to say "peer to peer" and not peir to pier as in boat docks?
I know forgive me and my auto correct. Its what the latest dod news is worried about. A rising conflict and lack of NATO support.

No a nuclear exchange is not a option either. Expect all Satellite do be downed on all sides. As the first wave and then its conventional war. Between computer hacking and actual ground war it's a total mess.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 01:46 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 7,938 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONELRAD View Post
That’s because Barry wanted to throw them some cash. But fear not, our manned launch vehicle should be ready in about 3 years.
That arrangement was in place when bush jr. was in office, barry just exacerbated the already sad state of affairs.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:30 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 1,693 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
I think Russia is only viewed as an enemy by the Deep State.

Russia does not act as a training ground for terrorists.
Russia is a Christian society.
Yes, Russia responds when we try to overthrow a government on their border or we impose trade or economic sanctions on them.

From my perspective, we have far greater enemies in this world than Russia, but if we keep pressuring them, I am sure we can make them into one.

One theory has been that most of our conflicts with Russia have been a simple competition as to which country gets to supply Europe Natural gas through a ME pipeline project that goes through much of the Middle East areas we have had military involvement in.

We say we support a free market economy, but rather then compete economically, we add military conflict as well as sanctions to the equation, and drum up rhetoric that the other side is evil.

And when they go to trade with someone else in the world, then we try to strongarm the world's other countries to shun them and only deal with us.

But it is pretty hard to control the entire world, so even highly sanctioned countries find a way to continue trading and surviving. Then they become super villain evil. they get the monicker "axis of evil", yet we continue to trade with China who I would categorize as much more evil than Russia, as they have outright stolen the South China Sea, and have built military air bases on the artificial islands they have built there. They will plunder the resources they have stolen from their neighboring countries.

They threaten to retake Taiwan, and just by their actions, signal an upcoming military campaign of conquest on the other countries in the region. The PI for example.

And talk about stealing US technology, China has done this to the Nth degree. Not sure how much Russia has stolen from the US, but I doubt it is 1/100 of what China has stolen.

The Democrat party in the US is the mouthpiece of the Deep State. So they continually employ rhetoric that Russia is evil. (But they accept Russian influence money when it suits them). Their bad mouthing Russia makes the Democrats appear to be Patriots, when in fact, they are a more dangerous enemy to the US consitution than Russia ever thought of being.

How much money did Russia pay Bill and Hillary for their fabulous speeches?
Here's one speech for 1/2 million dollars.
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ussian-nuclear
Here, they get $145 million for Uranium One.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...84e_story.html

One way the Deep State protects itself is by hurling the US into new wars. The nation will then be totally preoccupied with fighting those wars instead of dealing with the Deep State problem.
Putin and Trump are in man-love with each other, with Putin saying openly that he wanted Trump to win the election, but he is secretly supporting Hillary? The Reps have investigated Uranium One three times and found nothing illegal, but when they investigated the Trumpster, Mueller, who was a Rep appointed by a Rep investigating a Rep, said that if Trump hadn't been President, he would have been indicted, AND that the Russians had openly trolled social media trying to get Trump elected.
As far as the Russians being good Christians who would never steal our tech, if you believe that you've been spending too much time listening to Bannon and reading Breitbart. Google "Venona" instead. Believe it or not, the KGB wasn't a Christian order like the Templars who recruited Putin because of his virtuous nature. Most of Russia's capable scientists fled the country after the Wall fell. Since most of their Nazi scientists are dead, Russian research is based on theft, and always has been.
The Deep State didn't send the US into Iraq or Afghanistan, Bush with complete support of the Rep party did that, just like there aren't alien corpses at Area 51.
The only "Deep" I believe in is Deep Throat, and he described the US government as being run by a bunch of people who "aren't very bright."
Old 08-15-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolphrowzeebragg View Post
Putin and Trump are in man-love with each other, with Putin saying openly that he wanted Trump to win the election, but he is secretly supporting Hillary? The Reps have investigated Uranium One three times and found nothing illegal, but when they investigated the Trumpster, Mueller, who was a Rep appointed by a Rep investigating a Rep, said that if Trump hadn't been President, he would have been indicted, AND that the Russians had openly trolled social media trying to get Trump elected.
As far as the Russians being good Christians who would never steal our tech, if you believe that you've been spending too much time listening to Bannon and reading Breitbart. Google "Venona" instead. Believe it or not, the KGB wasn't a Christian order like the Templars who recruited Putin because of his virtuous nature. Most of Russia's capable scientists fled the country after the Wall fell. Since most of their Nazi scientists are dead, Russian research is based on theft, and always has been.
The Deep State didn't send the US into Iraq or Afghanistan, Bush with complete support of the Rep party did that, just like there aren't alien corpses at Area 51.
The only "Deep" I believe in is Deep Throat, and he described the US government as being run by a bunch of people who "aren't very bright."
Well, I disagree with most of what you said. PNAC is the deep state and they got us into the Middle east wars. most of Bush's cabinet was straight outta PNAC. The Deep State works by using both political parties. The Clintons,the Bushes and Obama of course.

Trump is the first non-deep state president in a long time, and this is why he is being relentlessly attacked by the News Media which is also fully controlled by the Deep State.

Hillary and Bill are guilty of many many crimes and if they can get a witness to stay alive long enough to testify, then maybe you will be convinced .

That is one wild avatar name you have. Is it supposed to mean somethng?

Oh, gogle says it is some character.

"Randolph Rowzee Bragg

The hero of the novel, Randy Rowzee Bragg is a boyishly handsome thirty-two-year-old lawyer who lives off the income from his family’s estate. Randy’s life changes completely when the U.S. comes under nuclear attack. Formerly a carefree bachelor, he becomes guardian of his brother Mark’s wife and children, and as a veteran of the Korean War and an officer in the Army Reserve, he is called on to enforce martial law in the chaotic time after the nuclear holocaust. The experience hardens Randy and brings out his leadership ability."

https://www.novelguide.com/alas-baby...acter-profiles
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Birds of a Feather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
If India is working with the Russians on such modern/advanced military ordnance, propulsion, etc., why the **** are we allowing our corporations to off-shore their technical support in India

Sadly, these *help desk* and *tech support* (and who knows what tier) guys routinely get access to client computers, phones, etc. via remote access willingly given by the customer, and there's no telling what they're doing during their 2 minute *waiting for the updates,* etc.

Stop the madness

Oh, that's right, we're a party to MAD

If this is part of the blackmail/bribery we have to pay to assure continued access to the space station, lift capability, etc., our military, aerospace industry, aerospace companies, aerospace research, NASA, etc. need to get ****ing moving on our space program before everything blows up in our faces (literally)

Follow the money...
So let me get this right you'd rather have India as an oppositional state than as a dual agent?

That is basically writing off Asia.

It doesn't hurt the US to have partners in Asia.

Likewise the Free market is suppose to allow private companies to do buisness freely, not be subject to a command economy total war structure. With massive sanctions regimes spanning the entire globe and tarrifs on the flip side, that is not a very friendly environment for business, and basically turns the west into a trading block among itself, with the rest of world left as the actual agents of free trade.

The US is basically forfieting free trade on the basis it doesn't feel it can be on top in a free trade world so they need to shut down global trade and rewrite the rules, that only desperate western states like the UK are willing to agree to.

I'm not sure how converting into a command economy really benefits the free world. If turning into our enemies gives us victory, does it really give us victory? Once upon a time, in a fairy tale land the idea was to turn the 2nd world into nations of democracy freedom, and free trade. Now they are turning the west into police states that enforce command economy structures and limit exchange of information.

Now you may say its always been that way, but atleast once upon a time there was the illusion of freedom, democracy and free trade. Now there are no illusions to rally behind except, they are worse. Did you want a fist cake or a bludgeon patty?