Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,276 Times in 18,508 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
And how's that been working out? There are a myriad of laws of questionable constitutionality that no one is challenging.

Even here in AZ, our term limited Gov. Douchey is again making another push for his Red Flag laws. Republicans orgasmed in their pants to first elect and then reelect him. Not very many standing up and saying "Hey! WTF Doug?"
The entire push to enact these Trump Laws (and Douche Laws) is all based on emotion and hype rather than logic and reason.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
You "apparently" have NO idea what defines a RINO. Graham is the poster child.
I think what he's saying is that the entire Party has moved so far left that the term RINO is the most accurate definition of them all. I think he's right. There may still be a couple of straggler conservatives but they've become the exception to the rule.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,218 Times in 5,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
The entire push to enact these Trump Laws (and Douche Laws) is all based on emotion and hype rather than logic and reason.
Slight correction; it is carefully crafted (leftist) logic and reason behind the emotion and hype for the need to pass these idiotic laws. It's just another piece of the agenda.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,090 Times in 566 Posts

I doubt that this will gather any steam in the Senate. But if it does the key is poison pill. 10yr sunset with requirement that annual review for "effectiveness". Any firearms confiscated remain the property of the owner, the popo must store to US Army firearms storage standards and employ a professional "certified" gunsmith to clean and inspect each weapon every 6 months. ANYONE throwing the dirty red flag will be held strictly responsible for correctly reporting. "Swatting" someone will be a class D felony if it is not validated thru due process in court. If "swatting" results in injury or death the "swatter" will be equally culpable in the crime and not eligible for a plea bargain.

And tie it to national CCW reciprocity and immigration reform.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Thanked 45,674 Times in 9,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
Oh why not....

The sheep will clear for the chains of slavery. They will praise the laws and demand more. The majority on this site will find it beautiful because their god trump told them its good
Despite what many here think of me, I really believe that if Trump was surrounded by hardcore, card carrying freedomistas, white nationalists and gun lovers, he would move firmly in that direction. But he’s not surrounded by them and he never will be. So he’s no use to me.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,090 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
I think what he's saying is that the entire Party has moved so far left that the term RINO is the most accurate definition of them all. I think he's right. There may still be a couple of straggler conservatives but they've become the exception to the rule.
You need to pay more attention. There are quit a good number of actual conservatives in the House/Senate. The demtards are just 100% full on marxist progs. A lot of the RINOs in the House are retiring at the end of the current term. Just no longer comfy for them. If this is true of your rep FIND A CONSERVATIVE TO RUN.

Heard of the Freedom Caucus perhaps?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
I doubt that this will gather any steam in the Senate. But if it does the key is poison pill. 10yr sunset with requirement that annual review for "effectiveness". Any firearms confiscated remain the property of the owner, the popo must store to US Army firearms storage standards and employ a professional "certified" gunsmith to clean and inspect each weapon every 6 months. ANYONE throwing the dirty red flag will be held strictly responsible for correctly reporting. "Swatting" someone will be a class D felony if it is not validated thru due process in court. If "swatting" results in injury or death the "swatter" will be equally culpable in the crime and not eligible for a plea bargain.

And tie it to national CCW reciprocity and immigration reform.
None of that will be reality. You’d be better off hoping for Congressional term limits and pay cuts.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
You need to pay more attention. There are quit a good number of actual conservatives in the House/Senate. The demtards are just 100% full on marxist progs. A lot of the RINOs in the House are retiring at the end of the current term. Just no longer comfy for them. If this is true of your rep FIND A CONSERVATIVE TO RUN.

The Freedom Caucus is doing no good. My Congressman told me to my face that there are no enough actual liberty-loving reps or senators in congress to get anything done. He said probably less than 20 total.

The evidence shows him to be correct.

Lose your faith in Congress. It’s a waste of time.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
You "apparently" have NO idea what defines a RINO. Graham is the poster child.
Get the **** out of here with that mess.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Jr. Member; Sr. Body

Thanked 2,938 Times in 439 Posts

Watch out for Gov. Newsom; he's made CA a horrendous place to be a law-abiding firearms owner. The inappropriately named ballot initiative ('Safety for All' https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...vember-ballot/) was his doing, and he came out today claiming "toxic masculinity" is to blame for the shootings. https://www.dailywire.com/news/50302...used-paul-bois

“Guns don’t kill people, guns require a dangerous component, and that’s ammunition.” He neglects to include the person using the firearm and their personal responsibility for their actions.

Confiscation by a thousand small acts.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to old_code For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_code View Post
Watch out for Gov. Newsom; he's made CA a horrendous place to be a law-abiding firearms owner. The inappropriately named ballot initiative ('Safety for All' https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...vember-ballot/) was his doing, and he came out today claiming "toxic masculinity" is to blame for the shootings. https://www.dailywire.com/news/50302...used-paul-bois

“Guns don’t kill people, guns require a dangerous component, and that’s ammunition.” He neglects to include the person using the firearm and their personal responsibility for their actions.

Confiscation by a thousand small acts.
A thousand small acts that will largely be supported or at least not vigorously opposed by the sham of the Republican Party.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:

I'm hardcore right. Anyone who knows me knows just how far right I am. So your definition of "conservative" probably isn't my definition. I'm not saying that that IS the case but there's a good chance. There are a lot of folks on this site that think Trump is conservative. I just have to shake my head and laugh to myself.

I guess the most "conservative" Senator I can think of is Rand Paul but even he's a bit wishy washy on some issues and I'm not too sure I can put my full trust in him.

Who do you consider to be true, Constitutional Conservatives?
Old 08-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 45,283 Times in 10,590 Posts

Quote:
I'm hardcore right. Anyone who knows me knows just how far right I am. So your definition of "conservative" probably isn't my definition. I'm not saying that that IS the case but there's a good chance. There are a lot of folks on this site that think Trump is conservative. I just have to shake my head and laugh to myself.

I guess the most "conservative" Senator I can think of is Rand Paul but even he's a bit wishy washy on some issues and I'm not too sure I can put my full trust in him.

Right there with ya. Of course Trump isn't "conservative". He's more of a nationalist-capitalist who listens to his daughter too much.

As far as the red flag threat, it ain't over till it's over.

Expect more false flag operations in the future if the latest ones aren't successful.

Remember that one of the left's most important goals at this time is to get Trump's base to abandon him before 2020.

Of course these people are pro 2nd Amendment Constitutionalists

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,730 Times in 5,790 Posts

Here is what I feel pretty confident is coming next , Big Tech is going to shut down all sites that do not agree with their world view and attempt to commit for a lack of a better term PC/SOCIAL/ECONOMIC GENOCIDE against all who disagree with them and their dreams of a Social Global Communist Utopia. JMHO and S/FI!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Retired kafir

Quote:
There aren't any.

Any politician's NUMBER ONE objective is to get re-elected. With the latest round of false flag atrocities, the public sentiment has shifted. Trump senses that and is modifying his rhetoric. The proposed legislation provides grants to states to support their red flag laws. Several states already have them. If Trump doesn't "do something" he won't be re-elected because the independent voters want him to "do something".

Even support from President Trump doesn't 'seal the deal' for a Utah red flag law, lawmaker says

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-flag-law.html

Quote:
Rep. Steve Handy, R-Layton, told the Deseret News he's still not sure he can get the legislation passed after Trump's Monday speech about a pair of deadly mass shootings over the weekend.
Here's some of the text out of Rep Handy's bill:

In determining whether grounds for an extreme risk protective order exist, the court may also consider other evidence of an increased risk for violence, including evidence of any of the following:
(a) the reckless use, display, or brandishing of a firearm by the respondent;
(b) the history of use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force by the respondent against another individual;

So if you have a Hawken black powder rifle hanging above your fireplace, that's considered an increased risk for violence.

If you ever got into a fight in high school, that's use of physical force against another individual.

===

This kind of crap is perfect for abuse by a vindictive spouse who wants to punish the other. No different than SWATing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Retired kafir

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNGRIZZ View Post
Here is what I feel pretty confident is coming next , Big Tech is going to shut down all sites that do not agree with their world view and attempt to commit for a lack of a better term PC/SOCIAL/ECONOMIC GENOCIDE against all who disagree with them and their dreams of a Social Global Communist Utopia. JMHO and S/FI!
Here's what I feel is coming next:

More shootings, produced and directed by the deep state if these latest ones don't do the trick.

for them, TRUMP ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT BE RE-ELECTED IN 2020.

So far they're on track with the narrative, the buzz-words, the gutless republicans, the complicit media, the censorship and banning.

They've successfully linked we deplorables to white supremacists, mass murderers, and domestic terrorists. Look for conservatives to hide under their desks terrified at the bad words being hurled at them. The republican pols in my state are already licking the boots of their abusers.

Not looking good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 19,561 Times in 5,078 Posts

My initial reaction is to reject anything even smelling of this off-hand.
But... I have to wonder.

The Dayton shooter was a classic 'lot's of signs and signals that he'd do something like this.' Yet, nothing was done, even with multiple LEO interactions.
Why?

Incompetency? Normalcy bias? Lack of tools?

I don't know which it was, but if it was the latter, then we need to give better tools.
I worked ER's for a long while. We Baker Acted many people.
Actions or ideations of harming themselves, or other people? Automatic involuntary 72 hour lockdown and eval.
There has got to be something like that available to LE.

At some point, there has to be a mechanism that allows the clearly unwell to be assessed and evaluated. Even against their will. Maybe especially against their will. BUT.... big but. There has to be due process as well. If someone isn't clearly a danger to themselves or others, then let them be. No confiscations or bans. Nothing. No one should have to prove themselves innocent, but if a person isn't of right mind, there has to be someway to at very least restrict them from purchasing firearms.

I'm no where near a gun grabber. (Complete opposite in every way).
But we all know that whack-a-do's like the Dayton shooter, and the Parkland shooter, and the Sandy Hook freak, none of them should have access to weapons.
At some point we need to have some mechanism available.
I know that Lanza stole the guns from his mom after murdering her, but the point stands.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,570 Posts

The slippery slope we have all talked about. Here it is boys and girls. The beginning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Observer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 11,758 Times in 3,779 Posts

As others have said, Red Flag laws will be weaponized against political speak and opinion on any issue. It will keep people from expressing their views in public.

The only way to not put your safety and the safety of the people that you protect and care for at risk will to be to have no political or social voice.

Brown shirts can be anyone who disagrees with you or fears you.

Handmaids Tale- Under his eye.... Praise be...
Old 08-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,765 Times in 18,782 Posts

Firearms are ON SALE right now.

Go buy a couple $300 Glocks, M&P's, or $250 Ruger P series, or $250 Smith Wheel guns, or $200 Rossi's.

$5-10 Gunshow box decent holster
3 mags or speed strips per.

2-4 boxes of ammo.

Test fire them, clean them, and place them to insure you can NEVER be disarmed.

do it without contacting anyone using the internet or your phone. Walk up to the table, those of us in states still free enough to do so, function test, pay cash and walk away.

https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threa...an-army.61319/

Sadam allowed his Subjects to have fully automatic AK 47's of the type practically outlawed in this country (the few "registered" ones are high priced collectables.) and other weapons we cannot own.

But he SEVERELY restricted handguns because he was afraid of assisination.

In several instances I learned first hand some interesting cultural results:

I was left guarding "unknown background military aged males" in some number.

Faced with my machine gun they began to get adjitated.
Unable to point my barrel in several directions at once (across the room) I also pulled my pistol to point it generally at the side my weapon on a sling was not covering.

INSTANTLY they settled down.

After trying this several times on several different groups we started asking:

Every One had machine guns.

But only the secret police and similar had handguns, and they were used almost exclusively to "officially murder" people.
Basically.... Pffh, you have a machine gun too.
But when someone pulls out a HANDGUN It's now SERIOUS and someone's about to get KILT!!!

Different cultures, but it illustrates how the dictator fears the handgun.

Want step 2?

In similar manner but an anonymous scoped rifle.
Could be a <$200 Mossberg capable of <2MOA, could be a $100 sporterized milsurp.
If it comes with cheap glass, also for <$100 you can buy old weaver, redfield, or several generations out of date Leopold sscopes (not that there aren't other good brands.) That are WORLDS better than what snipers used in Vietnam or WW2 from those same Gunshow boxes.

Shoot a few rounds through it to check zero, toss your used brass into your campfire or melt with a cheap torch, and put it back away from your house where no one will ever take it from you. No need to store even 100 rounds with it as you would like "leave it lay" (covered in chemicals, or fire) after one or a few uses.

Up to you if you want to thread the barrel with a cheap hand tap and store it with an unused solvent trap. (I have fired legally registered examples. They work.)

Step 3:
Want to spend a little more money:
You can pick up an anonymous AR for $400 or less.
(If your live in an unfree state 80% examples exist.. But you should move.)
See previous advice (personally I'll spend more money for what I consider a better gun, but I'm not here to discuss tactics, or tools.)

Also, educate yourselves:

Quote:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956
A ballpeen hammer will work, so will a single shot .45 'liborator " or a 9mm "deer gun" will.

...but wouldn't it be better not to start at the bottom!?

You should pass these tools on, but IMHO You should have a few spairs your willing to sacrifice (location lost with you) so that NO ONE can ever disarm you!

https://firearmsandliberty.com/sundown.html

http://usavsus.info/SunriseAtCoffinRock.htm

Subject or citizen, your choice.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post: