Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 07-31-2019, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 456 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 1 View Post
Are they male and female? Do they have the same anatomy as us, or is it going to be like being 16 again,wondering what goes where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'll be prison rules. They'll decide what goes where.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,234 Times in 1,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 1 View Post
Are they male and female? Do they have the same anatomy as us, or is it going to be like being 16 again,wondering what goes where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have had a problem when you were 16. At that age I knew what went where, the problem was finding a girl that would let me put what where.
The Following User Says Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:47 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 64,086 Times in 19,725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
And I thought I was cool for putting shrimp in my chili... that's it, SHRIMP are their advance party and we've been scarfing them down like mad...
It's that Poppler debacle all over again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 11:52 AM

On a personal note if I knew aliens were on their way I wouldn't do anything to prepare, if they want to kill us, at our current tech level we're toast. A species capable of interstellar travel is also a species capable of doing whatever they want to us from orbit. For them it would be like an army armed with nukes encamped on a 4 sided hill looking down into the enemy camp in a valley. High ground + advanced tech = winners. They wouldn't bother with invading, waste of time, resources, and lives, they'd just drop stuff on us till we stop kicking.

However I like to think of the human species as the first species thats going to expand rapidly into the galaxy and scare the hell out of everyone else, helps me sleep at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acadian For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 12:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,325 Times in 5,574 Posts

An alien nation advanced enough for inter-stellar travel will have been watching or TV and listening to our radio before they got here. That alone might steer them away from our planet. Have you ever watched the Spanish channel or Japanese TV and went WTF is wrong with these people? That's us.

They would definitely know every possible thing that could potentially go wherever on a human body if they tap into some of our more colorful broadcasts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
An alien nation advanced enough for inter-stellar travel will have been watching or TV and listening to our radio before they got here. That alone might steer them away from our planet. Have you ever watched the Spanish channel or Japanese TV and went WTF is wrong with these people? That's us.

They would definitely know every possible thing that could potentially go wherever on a human body if they tap into some of our more colorful broadcasts.

News in Spanish is just news in Spanish dude. Can't speak for Japs though.

Otherwise, I agree.

And i group people who say with confidence that nothing is out there, in the same boat as tin foil "they walk among us" people. Both are not very smart.

It's mathematically irresponsible to doubt extraterrestrial life exists. We just haven't found such life forms nor communicated with them yet with consistency. At least not by our measures of communication or intelligence.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2019, 03:54 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,506 Times in 6,082 Posts

I'm not sure any alien life capable of interstellar space travel would even consider us as intelligent.

The difference between human beings and chimps isn't so much. Genetically I think it's something like a 2% difference. And look at the difference. Aliens capable of interstellar travel? We'd be like amoebas to them. It would be like if humans traveled out into space and found monkeys on some distant planet. We'd move on or put them in a zoo. Bout it.

Having said that, I don't think any preps would make a shred of difference. If they come and have bad intentions I seriously doubt there's anything we could do to stop them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 04:16 PM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,842 Times in 9,821 Posts

Aliens won't attack us. They would get here, see what we're doing down here, realize we're committing genocide on a global level, and sit back and watch the show. Probably with beer and popcorn...
The Following User Says Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
Aliens won't attack us. They would get here, see what we're doing down here, realize we're committing genocide on a global level, and sit back and watch the show. Probably with beer and popcorn...
That's pretty much my plan too, just trying to enjoy the show as long as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cornly2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 04:28 PM
Get bent

If you haven't seen it, Another Life on Netflix is a fairly decent sci-fi series about an alien artifact showing up on Earth. Just one season so far. Won't post any spoilers in case any of you other sci-fi geeks want to have a look. The one thing I will say, it has the ring of plausibility to it. All the silly drama crap aside, of course.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80236236
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 08:42 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 3,641 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Yes by all means worry about an "ALIEN INVASION"!

I encourage you to seek help immediately.

THE Earth is flat.

The sun circles the earth.(people were executed for denying this)

If you go too far out into the ocean you will fall over the edge

the earth is only a little over 6500 years old

the Northern Lights is are the suns rays reflecting off of the icebergs at the North Pole.

there are constructed canals on Mars

the earth is the center of the universe

the universe is static

the earth is only 10-20 million years old

we are alone in the universe

All of the above were at one time scientific doctrine.
No one believed anything else was possible.

WHAT worry?????

WHY would this not be a proper exercise for thinking about what sort of prep you would do under the given set of circumstances?
Maybe the grid goes down, people act like people and govt cannot handle everything... other than alien specific issues it is really no different an exercise than a big rock hitting from space.

There are cities right here in the United States that use a ZOMBIE apoc event as emergency response training because they figure if they can field a proper response for the Zombies, then if there is an ebola outbreak or another Spanish Flu, they will be ready .
If
you have no imagination if the S does hit the F, you are woefully ill prepared for what is to come.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 3,641 Times in 934 Posts

AND HERE I will gratuitously insert a short story I wrote on the subject...

She walked down the street looking like any other attractive female on the planet, yet she wasn't. She had sacrificed as had so many with her. It had taken extensive modification surgery to reconfigure her body to look like those others on the planet. It was why they had spent years scouting and preparing for the invasion. Inhabitants had been kidnapped from their homes and lonely places and then their bodies, both the outward appearance and the physiological part of their race had been studied and photographed and copied.

Those who could be brain cleansed so if they remembered anything at all of the experience it would sound all jumbled and incoherent were allowed to go back to their so called existence until it came time to invade. Those who were not susceptible to the mind cleansing were held and experimented on and never seen again on their home planet. It didn’t matter though, when the time came all their life forms would be destroyed anyway.

The invasion plan was simple in its complexity. It was discovered that the planet was made up of two genders of beings that seemed to be the dominant life forces. And for some reason it appeared the female of the specie if she had a bearing and certain appearance was more readily accepted and could insinuate herself into positions where a male of the species would be more suspiciously treated. Thus, was the decision made that an army of copies of their females would be readied and sent out several solar cycles ahead of the invasion and those copies were to locate themselves into areas of the planet's operations that would be deemed critical to the defense of the planet. They had been invading and absorbing planets for millennia and they had never suffered defeat because their plans were always well thought out and perfect in execution.

Her job in the coming invasion was to position herself with the system that provided a large portion of communications for the planet. When the time came her assignment was to disrupt communications and to prevent warnings or other information from being disseminated to the planet’s inhabitants. It was a difficult assignment because the way the communications system was set up; there were numerous ways of broadcasting from locations around their world. She managed to get into a position as a person who saw to the maintenance of the equipment required to sound the alarm and she dutifully made her trips around the planet inspecting and checking and at each stop she left a device that would activate and destroy the equipment at a given signal.

Slowly other members of the invasion force started to descend upon the planet. Tens of thousands had undergone the transformation of physical appearance so they could pass, at least long enough to overwhelm any forces that would try to repel the rest of the army.

The invasion started with the ghost ships, ships beyond the detection abilities of the beings, destroying the major cities of all the different nations around the planet. With a given signal the members of the ground forces came forth with their advanced weaponry to destroy any and all resistance as the armada of ships that had been shielded by the moon had launched their attack from deep space. Surprise had been complete. There was no time for the communications operators to get out a message of warning to anyone on their planet other than the one lone person who tried. She shot him with her laser at the time she was destroying the equipment, As he took his dying breath he still tried to get out a warning and as he died he whispered into the broken device … “the Earthlings, they’re here.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:08 PM
No One of Consequence

Thanked 2,415 Times in 915 Posts

I saw this in the sky just this morning. I didn't have my glasses and at first I didn't see the airplane, only the banner it was towing. And it was far enough away that I couldn't hear the plane either. For a brief moment, I thought it was a UFO and that the alien invasion had begun.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_105656.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	290124  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrettTheOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 07:12 AM
The river flows

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
I'm not sure any alien life capable of interstellar space travel would even consider us as intelligent.

The difference between human beings and chimps isn't so much. Genetically I think it's something like a 2% difference. And look at the difference. Aliens capable of interstellar travel? We'd be like amoebas to them. It would be like if humans traveled out into space and found monkeys on some distant planet. We'd move on or put them in a zoo. Bout it.

Having said that, I don't think any preps would make a shred of difference. If they come and have bad intentions I seriously doubt there's anything we could do to stop them.
DNA difference between a german engineer and a bantu herder is minimal. Yet it seems to matter. A lot.

Dogs are closer to wolves than we are to other primates, yet look at the difference.

Most DNA of all living things on Earth is pretty similar. I think we share 60% DNA with a turnip.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,130 Times in 5,681 Posts

I'd bet they'd be people like us looking for some place to land.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,842 Times in 9,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I'd bet they'd be people like us looking for some place to land.
And saying "this doesn't look like it did when we left" (as some hood rat is trying to steal the bling off their landing gear)
Old 08-01-2019, 11:46 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 13,157 Times in 5,510 Posts

So you wrote a story about an alien hooker?
Old 08-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
There is no prep for anything capable of inter star system travel. It will be like stone age man up against the modern military. We'd better hope they are nice and think of us as a species of animal they want to save. That way anal probing and zoos would be the worst case.

If they are here for our stuff, the technology difference to keep them alive and travel vast distances almost guarantees our stuff is theirs for the taking.

Even diseases won't likely stop them. History has shown the invading group typically brings something nasty along with them that wipes out the native population.

The booze stash would be important at that point.
Yeah, agreed.........Anyone or anything that is smart enough to get HERE from THERE will squash us like bugs if that's what they have in mind.........Some things you just can't prep for..........this be one of them..............BTW, where did you get your info???
Old 08-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,234 Times in 1,476 Posts

You need to have a bunker, hunker down and hide until you know if they are friendly or not. Stay in long enough to be sure. If not friendly stay in long enough to find out if the can be killed, and if yes how. Then come out and may their gods have mercy on their souls.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:02 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 64,086 Times in 19,725 Posts

Just channel your inner Arnold.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post: