Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Story - The Census (Comdot's Holiday Story) comdot Books, Movies & Stories 22 03-03-2018 01:32 AM
Zombie Proof Log Cabin Has 10 Year Anti Zombie Guarantee TXplowgirl General Discussion 12 10-22-2014 02:12 PM
I'm not saying it was a zombie....but... coboblack Urban Survival 57 07-05-2012 09:17 PM
Newer "Zombie" Story (May 9th) Xion Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 0 06-25-2012 10:30 PM
FRAIL (a zombie story) Jojo Book Reviews 1 04-22-2012 06:26 AM
Fiction- Some Zombie Story... Thales Books, Movies & Stories 7 06-06-2011 07:21 PM
Short story (Slingshots in a Zombie World) JoergS Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 0 12-27-2010 05:47 PM
Pick a way for me to continue my zombie story!!! Brother Bear Polls and Surveys 9 06-11-2009 11:42 AM
Help a Zombie 5.7mm Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 06-11-2008 08:27 AM
Zombie BOB Semper Paratus Jokes, Humor & Music 13 05-24-2008 11:21 AM

Old 05-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Young Blood

Thanked 1,680 Times in 738 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default zombie story

Advertise Here

PROLOGUE
Farm journal.
Just a normal day, at the farm, Alex took care of the cattle as usual. The corn has started to sprout, but there are odd black dots on them, this doesnít seem to affect them but we will see.

The corn is growing nicely but there are still black spots on them. The animals wonít go near them, even the deer who normally are still looking for any dropped corn.

I sure wonder what those dots are, they are not affecting the corn thatís for sure, and the corn actually seems to benefit from having them.

Gave the rooster some of the corn with the spots on it, we had to physically shove it down its throat to get it to eat the corn.

The rooster had a bad reaction to the corn. It only lasted five days after eating it. Itís a shame too it was a good rooster, but he first seemed to have a cold. After that we quarantined it so the rooster wouldnít infect the other chickens or us for that matter. The rooster then started to get these oozing sores. So I got some coveralls and latex gloves, grabbed the rooster, and took it out back. I had decided to put it out of its misery. So I shot it on the spot. I then burned everything by the river, putting all of the ashes left over in it.

It seems there is something in the city water. People have been getting sick from drinking it, makes me glad that my brother and I use a well.

The media is calling this a Pandemic. What ever is in the city water here I donít know but it seems bad, no reported deaths.

I havenít heard from anyone lately, the television doesnít work nor the radio. Something bad must have happened. I think Iíll go into town tomorrow.

Went into town today, it was just like a b horror movie, creatures every where. They resemble humans, but are rotting and seem to have something like rabies. Found a person on my drive back, he says his name is Eric. He was trudging in the snow with a pack on his back. So I asked him if he would like to join us at the farm.

Turns out hiker boy, is from near here, he even gave me some ammo he sure speaks a lot about deer hunting, he takes care of his shotgun like itís his child.

Found some one stealing a rabbit form our traps today. His name is john. Iím not angry at him because he was emaciated, The man had no fat at all, and his stomach was sunken in, a good meal will remedy that.

Seems all of the people we have found are from this area, not the city, and all have hunting weapons, not shiny black rifles, or tactical shotguns, just your average hunting gun. John did have a hunting rifle too, but it was more like a sniper rifle than a deer rifle if you ask me. He says itís the same that the army used to use, except that his is chambered in a different round. John calls it the Remington 700.

This winter is really long, at least it refrigerates the food for us, but it also freezes the water.
Went for supplies today, drove past the next Farm 15 miles over, and saw someone rooting through the ground in the field, I honked at the person, and they immediately started running towards me. Turns out he also is from here, and has a hunting gun not a tactical one, seems as if all of the people surviving are county people.

What Can I say? I like my combat tupperware.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER ONE

Post Apocalyptic World
Luke jumped out of the truck, slinging his rifle across his back in the process. He scanned the horizon and was relieved to see that there were no creatures in the area. Luke and his band of survivors had cut most of the trees in the 500 meter perimeter of the shelter, So that the creatures could be seen before they reached it. Also so it could be used as fuel for the wood stove, as there was no electricity to fuel heaters or stoves, making a wood stove a necessity. Their little settlement was well defended. With a tin can alarm in the wood line and barbed wire around the house that was taken from the local farmer’s fields. Nails in boards under the windows, which was really overkill, but in a world that you don't know when or where the undead would attack, over kill saved your life. There were also 1/4 inch thick steel plates welded to the windows with gun ports cut in them.
Luke desperately needed gas for the truck so he could continue searching for supplies. It was do or die. He had to find gas to fill up the truck or perish due to lack of food, or lack of ammunition to fend against the zombies with, but he headed to town in search of nothing but gas. He found a mechanics shop attached to a gas station. Ha, twice the chance to explode. Thought Luke. But as it was his best bet for fuel, he took his chances with both the zombies and the explosions. He had gambled correctly after searching the mechanics shop, he pulled away a tarp to reveal six five gallon gasoline cans. He checked them all full! This was a great find and he now had 30 gallons of gas, enough for at least a couple of days.
Unfortunately for Luke, the noise he had made attracted a few zombies. Quickly he unslung his Mosin nagant M44, attached the bayonet, as it affected the accuracy when fixed making the shot groups much smaller. Shouldering the rifle he took aim at the first zombie he saw. BOOM! The rifle fired and his aim was true. the Creature. now lay outside motionless. He then quickly cycled the rifle, and aimed again. Once again he had a direct hit, but as he pulled the bolt back the case did not eject properly, but instead got caught in the chamber. He worked the action, and after a few tries the case had ejected and he chambered a new round. But the remaining zombie had broken through the glass. So Luke ran and bayoneted it in the stomach. He then fired a round into his undead foe. He then cycled the gun again, this was his next to last shot, he took aim at the creature crawling at him, and fired. He had shot the zombie successfully and it now lay motionless a meter before him.
Luke ran to the truck, got in and started it up. He then proceeded to back the truck up to the mechanics shop. Luke got out and loaded the gas, all but 2 cans which he then used to fill his trucks tank.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER TWO.

As he got back to the house after a whole day of searching for supplies. He thought today was the best day ever. And he was right to think so the amount of supplies he had found was amazing for one day. He kept a list of anything he found.

Found (this week) Total
7.62X54R= 880rds = 880
12Gauge slugs = 50 = 150
12Gauge 00 buckshot = 100 = 100
.410 slugs= 25 = 50
.410 00buck =10 = 15
20Gauge slugs= 100 = 150
.38spcl = 102rds = 152rds
.45acp=200rds = 200rds
Arrows= 20 = 50
.300wsm= 50 = 150rds
Seeds (beans, carrots, squash, tomatoes, etc)

As it would take a while to unload, he backed the truck into the garage, and then lowered the armored door. They were almost done unloading the truck, when they heard matt yell “Zombies!” They all grabbed their weapons and ran to where their assigned defensive points were. Luke was armed the heaviest, with a Mosin nagant, 12gauge semi auto shotgun, and a .45 Pistol. Matt was armed with the .410, and a .38 revolver. The youngest Alex has a pump 12 gauge. The oldest, John was armed with a Remington 700 chambered in .300 WSM. And Eric, used a semi auto 20 gauge slug gun. Luke had a clear view of the zombies through his small shooting port. He aimed carefully, and fired. The guns loud report echoed. Luke grabbed the bolt knob, and cycled a round into the chamber…BOOM, there went another zombie.
He loved this gun for two reasons, reason one was that it had a bayonet, the other was that it was chambered in the 7.62X54R round, which was excellent at liquefying the heads of zombies. He reached for another stripper clip of ammo, but was surprised when his hand grabbed nothing.
“Hey Matt where’d you put the mosin ammo?” yelled Luke, It never got unloaded. ”Replied Matt
"S**t! Well I’ll be back.” Luke said, as he grabbed the slide of his Pistol, and chambered a round. He then sprinted to the garage, flung open the door, and slammed it behind him. Luke ran to the truck, jumped into the truck bed and grabbed a spam can of ammo. Once he got back to his shooting spot. Luke took his knife from the thigh sheath, and cut open the lid. He now had 440 rounds of awesome at his disposal. After a long and bloody fight, well at least it was for the zombies. They had defeated the zombie horde. The small group of survivors then went to unload the rest of that days find.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER THREE

“Why not make a spike wall?’ thought Eric out loud not long after they had finished unloading the truck.
“Hmmm, good idea, but we need to hurry because we also need to light the watch fires and cook dinner,’ said Luke .
They worked quickly but only managed to make their spike wall in the front before it got dark. Luke instructed Matt to cook diner while he lit the watch fires. He lit these fires by taking a small amount of moon shine and putting it into a jar, and lighting the rag wick and throwing it at the unlit wood and it ignited. He lit all the fires like this to save time.
He got inside just before dark. Due to the Flesh eating creatures the small group had to sleep in shifts. The look out on duty had a flare gun, which they used to mark the spot where they had seen zombies so that all of the group people could fire upon the zombies, The can sensor worked pretty well, but it had some faults it was not the loudest alarm ever so the sentries had to have their undivided attention on the noises.
The night passed uneventfully. It was Luke’s turn. The sun was starting to rise, and he heard the can sensor clank. He shouldered his rifle and waited. Soon he saw a fully mature deer walk into view, it was 500 yards away, a long shot. But he was sure the rifle could make it. Luke adjusted the sights and slowly aimed and fired. The deer fell over after walking only a step now came the hard part he needed to get “Dinner”. Luke told Eric to follow then went to the truck, and waited for Eric to open the door from upstairs and the come down and sit in the passengers’ seat. So that when they got to the deer they could heft it into the truck bed. Luke gunned the truck and quickly drove over to the creature. He and Eric attempted to lift the creature into the truck bed but it was heavy. After a couple more attempts the finally managed to heft what they now affectionately called dinner into the truck bed.
They jumped into the truck. Luke looked over at Eric, and said
“that isn’t no fast food. How much time did we spend on getting that sucker in the truck bed?”
“Bout an hour” Said Eric. They were surprised by the fact that no zombies had even tried to investigate the commotion. Luke quickly drove to the house. He got out and pulled the door down and locked it. Luke then Yelled to the other people to come help them get dinner inside. The group hefted the deer on the counter. Eric got to work gutting the it . Then Luke butchered it. This task took several hours, as it was a large deer. He looked at the remnants of the creature, and thought out loud
” why not make traps for animals so we can eat some real dinner?”
“Sounds good, but how would we make a trap.” said John.
“well I thought that we could take some wire and put hooks in it at eye level place some deer guts near it and when those creeps come for dinner, they get caught on it, and they are sitting ducks.” suggested Luke.
“Well let’s take a vote then” said Alex.
“All for .” said Luke. It was unanimous they were going to build a trap. But first get this deer into that propane fridge we found a while back. Luke finally got around to building the trap. He set it right in front of his shooting port. That night when it was Luke’s turn to watch he saw some thing move in the light of the watch fire. They were zombies. The abominations were getting closer and closer until the first ones were Caught up in it. Luke aimed with his shotgun, and blasted them. He then switched with Eric and went to sleep.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER FOUR

The rest of that night passed uneventfully. The next morning he took some flare guns that were found at wall mart, and taped them to a holder, Luke then ran string through the triggers and past a dowel rod, behind the guns and ran the rope to a section of the can fence. “When the zombies hit it they set off the guns and toasted zombies.” he thought. He also thought
“that they should eat to fuel their bodies” so he went inside and lit up the stove. Then he cooked a hearty meal of rice and deer meet. Luke went out side to set the watch fires up. As he was stacking wood palates, He saw something move out of the corner of his eye, Luke then took a pair of binoculars out of his pack, and looked to where he had seen the movement, and to his amazement He saw not a zombie but a Living human being.
He ran to the truck, and Jumped into it. Luke then sped to the survivor. Climbing out of his truck he shouldered his rifle. He walked up to the person, and ordered him to take his backpack, off and put his guns at his feet. The person obeyed. Luke then proceeded to ask “what’s your name?’
The person replied “Hermann.”
“Hermann, what’s the last name?’ growled Luke. “Hermann Hanes” Replied the man.
“ Well, Hermann empty the bag please.” Asked Luke. With a grumble Hermann obeyed spilling the contents of his pack on the grass. He was well equipped, with a machete, hatchet, cast iron pan, Fishing kit in an Altoids can, trapping kit, ammo, water, rope and a tarp.
“D**n” exclaimed Luke.
“how did you carry all that weight?” he asked.
“It is a lot, but you get used to it after a while,
“I see you were well stocked though.” said Luke. Why’d you go look for people?” he asked
“well I thought survival was easier in numbers.” Hermann said.
“Enough talking in the open.” said Luke , let’s go inside, Luke helped Hermann repack. And put his stuff in the truck bed. He then drove to the house. Luke pulled into the garage, and stopped.
He then pulled the garage door down, and led Hermann into the house. Luke then had Hermann place his belongings on the counter. A moment later Luke led Hermann to a table, and had him sit at the other end of the table. Luke gave Hermann an ultimatum Leave without harm, or be interrogated and possibly join the group as long as his story was true, and he had something to offer them. Hermann took a minute to decide.
He asked” what if you don’t allow me to join, would you kill me?”
“It depends how much information we have given you, but probably not.” replied Luke. Hermann then took a moment to decide.
“I’ll take my chances with the interrogation. Hermann said breaking the silence. “Well ok then.” said Luke He started interrogating Hermann. “How could you help us, if we allowed you to join our group?’ asked Luke “Well I could get arms and munitions for you, and basic supplies such as gas, propane, salt, flour, water, and food. replied Hermann.
“what kind of arms and munitions” asked Luke.
“a K98 Mauser, a AK47, and the piece de resistance a .30cal browning light air cooled machine gun” said Hermann
“How in the world did you get the machine gun?” asked Luke.
“Well before the zombie apocalypse I used to collect guns. That is where machine gun came from, but I owned a gun shop and that’s where the semi auto Ak47 came from, and the K98.” replied Hermann.
“And for supplies, what ya got?” asked Luke.
“well, my father lived behind the Berlin wall, in the communist zone. There were hard times there. People starved. So when we moved to America when the wall fell, my father always stressed that I had supplies saved up in case of a disaster or something. That was near the end of the cold war. So my father had a bunker built so that if the soviets ever dropped a nuke on America that we could at least take shelter from the fallout.” said Hermann.
“wow, you have a bunker too?’ asked Luke.
“Yes I have a bunker, well I never answered your question did I, how rude of me.” Said Hermann
“no you did not answer my question, so how about answering it now?” asked Luke
“Sure, in said bunker, I have a years worth of food for ten people, a years worth of water purifiers for 10 people, reloading equipment, and 10 gas masks with filters.” said Hermann.
“And munitions?” asked Luke. “Lets see, there is 100 rounds for each semi auto, or bolt rifle, and 10,000 rounds for the Browning.” said Hermann.
“that’s going to take more than one truck.” exclaimed Luke. “got any explosives” he asked.
“yes, around 20lbs of black powder.” replied Hermann.”
“Wow how could you have afforded all of this before the stuff hit the fan?” asked Luke.
“well some of it is from the gun shop I mentioned, but the rest of the money came from a patent.” said Hermann.
“What patent?” asked Luke “You ever heard of the 25mm anti tank rifle?” asked Hermann.
“No” said Luke.
“well, the army bought a bunch as they were great for taking out armored personnel carriers.” said Hermann.
“ Why don’t you have any of them.” asked Luke.
“they are too expensive to shoot, each round is 8 dollars” said Hermann.
“Ha! A cheap rich man” said Luke.
“Yes, it is a little ironic” said Hermann.
“Well lets go get the stuff” said Luke. “Does this mean I’m a member ” asked Hermann.
“No we have to see if you really have the supplies and guns you say you do”. said Luke.
“Well lets go, matt you take the jeep I will take the truck.” said Luke. They needed two vehicles as the amount of supplies that were described. They got in the cars, Hermann rode the truck with Luke and matt followed.
One hour later…..
“Stop!” Hermann yelled. Luke slammed the brakes on the truck, and Matt in the jeep almost rear ended him, but swerved to the side driving into the field.
“Where in the heck are we?” asked Luke.
“Near the bunker” replied Hermann. “
“Lets get the s**t out, and load it up” said Luke.
“Matt, come over here” Luke yelled. Matt drove the jeep over to where the truck was. “So you going to show us where the door is” asked Matt. “Hold on let me find it” said Hermann. He kicked around until he found the entrance, which only took a few minutes. They cleared the plants off the area of the entrance, and pulled it open. They peered down the long dark stair way.
“Can I borrow a flash light” Hermann asked. Luke handed him his LED flashlight. Hermann used the flashlight to see where the generator was. He walked up to it checked the tank of gas, and pulled the start chord. The engine sputtered then came to life, lighting up the underground bunker.
“It’s not the largest shelter ever, but it is really stocked well” said Hermann.
“Yes, I can see that, how many square feet of space is not used up” asked Luke.
“Around 100, not counting where the stove is” said Hermann. “Well let’s just load all we can” said Matt.
“Food first pack as much as physically possible” said Luke. they spent the better part of 2 hours putting as much food and water in the truck as physically possible. When they were satisfied that the truck was loaded properly they Then got the guns they wanted, which was only three. Then they closed the bunker and started to leave. On the road there were around 12 zombies.
“Looks like we have company” yelled Luke.
Luke looked over at Hermann and said “fasten your seatbelt”. He gunned the truck and plowed through the creatures. There were crunching noises as they were pulverized under the tires of two tons of steel. The arms and feet of the zombies were torn off as they were run over by the tires.
“Huh, were just like a can of spam to them” He said as he chuckled.
“It’s a little bit of a grim thought to laugh at” said Hermann, and
Luke replied “yes it is, but that’s what makes it funny”.
“ you are now a member, because you did not lie about the supplies you had” said Luke. They then drove home in silence.
The others were Jubilant when they returned home safely with all the supplies.
As usual Luke made his list.

• Water-100 gal
  • 5 propane tanks
  • 3guns
  • Ammo
  • Black powder
  • 500 lbs of rice
  • 500lbs of beans.

Hermann Then reached into the pack he had taken with him, and produced 12 hand grenades.
“How did you get these?” asked Alex.
“Well they used to be inert, then I unscrewed the fuses replaced them, and filled them with black powder.” said Hermann.
“So they actually explode?” asked Matt.
“Yes and they should take zombies out too” replied Hermann.
“Cool” exclaimed Alex.
“When you pull the pin, and let go of the grenade you have 4 seconds until it blows up, so I would recommend not dropping them after you pull the pin.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER 5

One month later.
Luke sent Alex and Eric on a mission for water. They took the truck,
and took three 55 gallon drums. As soon as they got there Alex pointed out a small group of zombies. “I’ll take care of this” he said.
Alex grabbed the grenade strapped to his vest. He pulled the pin and threw it. “NO! You are too close” yelled Eric. Alex desperately tried to run towards the truck, but he did not make it in time, and a piece of shrapnel hit his left arm. Eric Grabbed Alex and hefted him into the passengers seat. Eric then drove as fast as he could to the house so Alex could be treated. As he was nearing the house, Eric started honking the horn to get some ones attention. Hearing the horn Hermann ran out of the house. He ran to the truck, and saw that Alex was badly wounded. He then ran inside to get the first aid kit. Hermann grabbed the kit, and extra gauze then sprinted to the truck. He took a rag and poured a chemical on it, and put it to Alex’s nose, knocking him out.
“Why’d you do that” asked Eric.
“Because getting a piece of steel pulled from you hurts badly, and I don’t need him flopping around and screaming” said Hermann. He then got to work, he took forceps, and after a moment of searching he found the steel shard and pulled it out. He then searched for more pieces of steel.
After he was satisfied there were no more, he took an alcohol wipe and wiped off and sanitized the wound. Hermann then threaded a sealed needle with fishing line and stitched the wound together. He then finished by wiping the stitches he had made with another alcohol wipe.
8 days later.
Alex’s wound was healing nicely, but Luke was afraid that Alex would never be able to fully use that arm again. Unfortunately for Alex Luke’s fear was correct. Alex would never be able to reach over his head with his left arm. Before the fall of society and the rise of zombies this disability would just be an inconvenience,
but in this post apocalyptic hell of zombies. It was like a death sentence. For the next few weeks, it was unusually quiet, with not one zombie sighting. The pessimistic side of Luke said that they were getting smarter, and banding together. His optimistic side said that they had just given up using them as a food source, and moved on. Luke hoped desperately that his optimistic side was correct.
They needed candles, and other light sources, so Luke assigned Alex the job. Alex got in a car he had found, setting his shotgun next to him, he drove off. After thirty minutes, Alex had reached town. He headed towards the Wal-Mart at the edge of town, as it was closer than any other store. He saw the crowd of zombies, as Alex got closer. He put a CD in to the CD player, He then pressed the number 9. The song down with the sickness started playing, grinning Alex accelerated into the zombies. He heard crunches, and squishing sounds. That only made him happier, because he felt this as getting back at the zombies that had killed all of his family but his brother. Seeing the door to the mechanics shop on the side Alex slowed down and drove up to it. Alex then slammed on the gas, bursting through the door.
Alex Jumped out of the car, shotgun in hand. He ran to the interior door, opened it, and slammed it into the face of his zombie pursuers. He walked to where the carts where and grabbed one. Alex hopped on the back and skated with it to the sporting goods section. He stopped prematurely when he saw the gun rack. He saw an AR15, and was practically drooling over it. This could make my revenge much easier he thought. So Alex took the butt of his Winchester model 12 and slammed it into the glass case. He kept slamming it into the case until all of the glass surrounding the gun was gone. Alex grabbed the gun, admiring its intimidating looks.
Alex grabbed four 30 round magazines for the gun. After loading them, he then had 120 rounds of .223 at his disposal, plus 7 in his 12 gauge. Alex then took a magazine for the AR15 and slammed it home. He then pulled back the charging handle, and let it go making a “cling” noise. Alex unslung his shot gun and cycled it making the infamous “KA CHUNK” of a pump shotgun. Now all Alex needed was a distraction so he could get to the car.
He went to the ammo counter and got ammo that they needed, like Luke asked, but as he passed the marine section he grabbed duct tape, and two air horns.
Alex taped these together, and walked to the front door. He taped down the buttons and threw them through the glass. After kicking out the door, Alex sprinted to his car. He jumped in and turned the key in the ignition, and then slammed it into reverse. As soon as the car hit the parking lot, Alex had realized that a tire was popped. “OH S**T” yelled Alex. He tried as hard as he could to get out of the zombie crowd, but eventually he realized he was a dead man.
So Alex shouldered the AR15, aimed and shot the closest zombie, he continued this for about 10 zombies. Then he realized that aimed shots took too long, he emptied the magazine on the rest of the zombies in front of the windshield. He then reloaded and emptied that magazine on the closest zombies. He slammed another magazine in. Alex had heard of dead mans click but had never experienced it, well now was his chance to he pulled the trigger… click. Alex tried to chamber a round, but the gun jammed. So he threw it to the floor.
Grabbing his shotgun, he fired, then reloaded, and continued shooting in that manner. “Ka chunk” Boom, “Ka chunk” Boom, “Ka chunk” Boom, until “ KA chunk” “click”. “D**N” Alex exclaimed, as he desperately tried to reload. Suddenly a hand burst in and grabbed his neck. Alex unsheathed his knife, and slashed the hand. Before he could defend himself more hands burst in, and dragged him out of the car.
Next thing Alex knew he was bit. He was losing conciseness quickly, but for Alex that was a good thing, because since he was unconscious, he neither felt nor saw the zombies quite literary pull him limb from limb and eat him alive.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER SIX

One day later.
“Seems like we still need ammo” Matt said.
“Yes we do, but we can not have a repeat of what happened to my brother” Luke demanded.
“ I will go, but instead of a car, I will take a bike so I do not attract zombies” suggested John.
All five of them voted, they all agreed that john should go because he was the best at biking, and was the most physically fit.
“What do I need to get” asked john.
“ 7.62x54r,12 gauge buckshot, 20 gauge slugs, .410 slugs, .45acp, and .300 WSM. John wrote all of them down so he could make sure he would get all of them.
11:00 at night.
John grabbed his backpack, and jumped on the bike. He slung the rifle over his shoulder, and made a pistol easily accessible.
John then took off in the dead of the night. Luckily for him he had great night vision and could make out every thing in front of him, minus the color.
Hopefully the creatures wouldn’t hear him riding his bicycle. He pulled into the parking lot of the mom and pop gun store. John knew this store like the back of his hand. After all he had bought all of his guns from here, not to mention his ammo too.
He turned on his flashlight, which had tape over the lens so it only let a pinhole of light to shine on the floor. Quickly he shoved his pistol in his waist band. John then started filling the pack, a box of .300 Wsm, a can of 7.62X54R, a box of .45, two boxes of 12 gauge buckshot, and 15 Rounds of 20 gauge slugs.
The pack was loaded to the point where it was as heavy as he could carry and still make it home before morning. John turned off his flashlight and walked up to the window. John peered outside. To his surprise he saw no creatures. Slamming the door he bolted out of the door, and hopped on the bike. John then began the long trek home.
4:00 in the morning
When John reached the house, he was exhausted. He walked into the house.
“have you noticed there are less zombies than there used to be” asked john.
“yes, I have also wondered whether there were less zombies” said Luke.
“Were running out of supplies” interjected Hermann.
“How much we have left” asked Eric.

“25 pounds of beans, 25 pounds of rice” replied Hermann.
“that should last us a while” said Matt.
“yes, but when we do go to town, we live so far away that we waste gas driving there” said Hermann.
“And just how do you plan to solve that” asked Luke. “we could go to my bunker…. No wait we took the supplies from that, the only choice we have to survive, is to go into the city” stated Hermann.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

CHAPTER SEVEN

“Lets keep a sense of order in our lives, this is now a democracy
each of you pick up a piece of paper and vote yes or no, and that’s how we will decide” said Luke. They voted, after the votes were tallied they were three for yes, and two for no.
“Load the truck, and the guns boys were going to the city” stated Luke. After every thing that was necessary, even the propane fridge was loaded into the truck. They got into the truck. Luke drove, Hermann rode shotgun literary as he had Luke’s shotgun ready to shoot any zombies through the open window, John was in the back with the guns that were not being used at the moment, and Matt and Eric were in the truck bed heavily armed as the were more exposed than the rest.
The closer to the city they got, the more signs of zombies they saw.
“where do you think we should set up base” asked Hermann.
“so, your telling me that you have no idea where base should be” asked Luke. They were interrupted by the shout “ Zombies”! There was a small group of the undead, ten of them, about thirty meters to the right. The group opened up on them. Firing until either they ran out of ammo, or the zombie lay motionless in a pool of curdling blood and rotting organs.
“there” exclaimed Hermann, As he pointed at a Lowes hardware. Luke slammed into the wall of zombies surrounding the building at sixty miles per hour. He screeched to a stop before the indoor lumber yard. “cover me” Luke ordered Hermann. He grabbed a wrecking bar from under the seat, and walked up to the door. Luke then wedged it under the door, after several hard stomps, and jumps he broke the lock and slid the door up. He grabbed the edge and lifted the sliding door up. Luke got in the drivers side and backed the truck in the lumber yard. He hopped out and slid the door down.
Luke then stated ”The safest area, is the roof as the zombies cannot climb. So we need access to it.”
“Wait….. What’s that sound?” asked Matt.
“What sound?” replied Luke, but he was interrupted by a loud banging.
“They found us!” Luke growled.
“Split up and search for a way to access the roof.” Ordered Luke.
Fifteen minutes later
“Found it” yelled Matt. All of the members then ran over to where the shout had come from. It was a staircase behind some offices.
“We will need a shelter, John, get a tarp, rope and some PVC pipe, everyone else come and help get our stuff to the top” Luke said. Matt, Hermann, and Eric all followed Luke.
“Lets get the guns first” suggested Eric.
“No, the food and the other supplies are more important” replied Matt.
“Well there is only one way to solve this” said Luke.
“And what is that” asked Matt.
“Rock paper scissors” said Luke while grinning.
They played and Matt won, so they unloaded the supplies first. That did not take long as it was only 50lbs of rice and beans, a fridge, a camping stove, fuel, and water, with the water taking the longest as it was in 15 gallon containers.
Once all of their equipment was on the building they collected supplies from downstairs. They took lumber for upgrading their tarp tent, a generator to power the cement saw they had found to cut up the stairs, ladders, glow sticks, and any food items they could find which was only some chips and pop.
Before it got dark Luke shut the door to the stairs wedging a 2X4 under the doorknob so it could not be forced open. They then dragged their rain sensitive supplies into their tent.
Twelve in the morning
The first raindrop hit the shelter. Not long after that first raindrop hit the sky opened up, pouring sheets of rain on the earth and also the survivors. They had been smart to pull the supplies into the tent, but even there they were not safe from a soaking. The water was collecting in pools on the roof, and it was a constant struggle positioning, and repositioning 2X4s to prevent the shelter from collapsing.
Without realizing it they had all fallen asleep. Eric woke up first, and started to put the rain water that had pooled on the tarp into any extra container so that they would have more water. Luke joined in and soon all fill able objects on the roof were full of water.
“Well we need to get those stairs taken out” said Luke.
“Hey Matt come over here, and help me drag this generator to the stairs” said Luke. They took the generator to the stairs and set it halfway down them. Luke pulled the start chord the engine sputtered cursing under his breath he tried again, it had worked. Hastily Luke took the saw and started cutting the stairs. Once he had cut through them he and Matt dragged the generator and saw up to the top step. Where Luke again cut across the stairs, as soon as the cut was finished the stairs fell with a loud crash. Luke then took a ladder and extended it so it reached the floor, that was littered with rubble.
Carefully He clambered down.
Upon reaching the floor he immediately started searching.
Luke only had one thing on his mind, and that was what he needed to get. Which were some pulleys, rope and a basket of some sort. The pulleys and the rope were easy, it was only the basket that was hard. For a while all Luke could find were 5 gallon buckets, but then he stumbled upon quite literally tripping over a 50 gallon steel drum.
Rolling the drum over to the ladder he un sheathed his knife and stabbed two homes in it which he then tied rope to. Luke threw the rope up to the roof, where one of his comrades pulled the drum containing the pulleys up.
Eric worked on the basket system finishing it a couple of hours later. Matt was looking at a book he had, and he had stumbled upon a page about potato guns.
“That’s it” Matt yelled
“What” Eric asked.
“We need a potato gun that shoots nails” said Matt
“I like it” said Luke.
So they made a list of all possible things that they could need to make a potato cannon.

PVC pipe
Propellant
Ammunition
Gas seal
PVC sealant
Ignition source

The pipe, and sealant was assigned to Eric, Hermann was assigned the PVC sealant and propellant, Matt got assigned to make a platform for it, and like got the gas seal and the ammunition.
After a few hours they assembled on the roof.
Matt had created a turret of sorts for their new weapon, it rotated 360 and pivoted to allow it to shoot at more than one place.
Eric got to work gluing the pipes together, Luke had gotten ball bearings and some plastic sheeting for a gas seal. Hermann had given the sealant to Eric and not only picked up the propellant but also a grill igniter. After some time the cannon was assembled, and mounted to the platform.
They loaded it up by spraying WD40 into the gun and then putting the seal and then two handfuls of ball bearings following that.
“its getting dark we should try to fire it now before we cannot see the target any more” said Matt. They gave Hermann the honors of firing it first, he aimed at a small group of creatures about 50 yards away. Hermann shot the gun, turning the little group into nothing but mostly rotting mush that would be washed away in the next rain.
Little did they know that their fight for survival would become much harder.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

well there it is criticisim is ok just be tactful

The Following User Says Thank You to Brother Bear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,617 Times in 1,846 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Nice job. I think this still needs to be refined a bit. Mostly grammer, punctuation, paragraphs things like that. The annoying things for a writer. See if you can have someone edit it.

Good job.
The Following User Says Thank You to swwjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Unlocked and loaded

Thumbs up Very well done,

Other than needing spell check, the plot left me wanting more. When will the next installment be printed? We want more, we want more, LOL. You may become a writer someday, who knows. Adios Pugs. Thanks for the story.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

idk i need to write it first LOL

Old 05-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Knocked Down But Up Again

Location: Next stop: Willoughby! This train stops at Willoughby!
Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,459 Posts

Way to go, Pugs! Give me a shout if you want me to edit it for ya'.

Proverbs 27:12 New Living Translation

Help to keep this forum going by donating TODAY! https://www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php
Old 05-24-2009, 02:25 PM

I enjoyed it, entertaining. Like said before, though, grammar, punctuation, etc.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

i know i fail at grammar and spelling

Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,617 Times in 1,846 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsrok View Post
i know i fail at grammar and spelling
It's very hard to edit your own work. That's why writers have editors.
The Following User Says Thank You to swwjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

thats true by the way awsome signature

Old 05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Trapper

very good read ... i look forward to your next story.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Young Blood

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_AK View Post
very good read ... i look forward to your next story.
oh its not done i need to continue it.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Bleach blonde on fire :p

Thanked 9,560 Times in 3,823 Posts

Keep up the good work Pugsy!