Beto calls for buyback and National Registration - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 08-18-2019, 01:19 AM

Advertise Here

Lol. "Buyback Bob" the faux Mexican.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swamp_Yankee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 27,233 Times in 6,473 Posts

I'd tell him to kiss my ass but he'd probably take me up on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 06:46 AM
HMFIC

Thanked 1,644 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
Those were presumably unwanted weapons in people's homes. Weapons that did not end up in some gang, or some mass shooting,

If they were sitting in someones closet, unused for years, how the hell would they ever 'end up in a gang or mass shooting'???

Take a look at what actually gets bought back....90% are single shot shotguns, old 22s, broken antiques, etc. NOTHING that a 'gang' or 'mass shooter' would ever use anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EchoMirage For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 07:10 AM
Unable to read or comprehend rules.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
If they were sitting in someones closet, unused for years, how the hell would they ever 'end up in a gang or mass shooting'???

Take a look at what actually gets bought back....90% are single shot shotguns, old 22s, broken antiques, etc. NOTHING that a 'gang' or 'mass shooter' would ever use anyway.
Sometimes, I must admit, I am left shaking my head when I consider the wide ranging abilities of people on this site to speculate, pretend, imagine, and extrapolate far down the line of events the slippery slope consequences that could occur under the right circumstances from the enacting of a law, to restrict high capacity magazines, for instance, and can tell you how that will inexorably lead to gun confiscations and to an inability to one day fight a tyrannical government.

...Yet Y'all lack the simple imagination to picture a kid rummaging through a closet and stumbling upon a forgotten gun.

Also theft is possible too... That's one reason why gun safes are a thing, and if anyone is just shoving their firearm (especially if its loaded) in some forgotten corner of the house, they are not responsible fire arm owners. (Especially if they don't inform others, or if they have kids)
Old 08-18-2019, 07:55 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,948 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
One of our nearby towns used to do "buy backs".

A friend of mine who was a gunsmith would sell them guns he was unable to repair, and would spend the money to buy better guns to sell.

It was a great way to clean out his junk drawer of scrap metal.
Sounds like cash for clunkers. That worked well
Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Don't get me started

Thanked 29,391 Times in 10,398 Posts

Quote:
...Yet Y'all lack the simple imagination to picture a kid rummaging through a closet and stumbling upon a forgotten gun.

Also theft is possible too... That's one reason why gun safes are a thing, and if anyone is just shoving their firearm (especially if its loaded) in some forgotten corner of the house, they are not responsible fire arm owners. (Especially if they don't inform others, or if they have kids)
There have been some tragic incidences about kids and unsecured guns. There has also been some tragic incidences of kids and unsecured medications, Tide pods, knives, dressers that crush them, swimming pools, hot cars and thousands of other potentially harmful items.

You unfortunately lack the understanding of what all that means and instead focus on the item. Even if you do mention in passing irresponsible people.

I am curious how many unwanted guns have you bought and destroyed to save the children.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,222 Times in 4,276 Posts

Im fine with voluntary gun buy backs at the state level.

I love that people have found ways to mfg cheap guns that can then be profitably sold to buy backs
The Following User Says Thank You to txprep For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 09:51 AM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 7,748 Times in 2,525 Posts

`

O'Rourke visits Arkansas gun show after releasing gun control platform

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,049 Times in 2,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
BetaBoy doesn't have many friends here...well, except the one guy...
Must have been an NRA member that is ok with it.....
The Following User Says Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Come and Take Them!

Thanked 6,992 Times in 2,037 Posts

Quote:
Sometimes, I must admit, I am left shaking my head when I consider the wide ranging abilities of people on this site to speculate, pretend, imagine, and extrapolate far down the line of events the slippery slope consequences that could occur under the right circumstances from the enacting of a law, to restrict high capacity magazines, for instance, and can tell you how that will inexorably lead to gun confiscations and to an inability to one day fight a tyrannical government.

The fact is, at some point, we are going to be facing a 'tyrannical form of government'. The question is, will there be enough with the will to fight it, let alone, the means!!! We only missed it by a hair with the Klinton defeat.

Though I have most of my firearms in a safe, no kids have any business in my house. If any break in and get hurt with something, it is their parents' responsibility!!

You make some valid points!!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 57,767 Times in 18,782 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

"At the show, Beto listened to voters - including many Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016 - about their thoughts on gun safety. In order to make progress, Beto believes we have to meet people where they are, and not be afraid to have hard conversations with people who may not always agree," O'Rourke's campaign said in a statement.

O'Rourke's campaign promoted interactions he had with gun show vendors and attendees who agreed with aspects of the plan, including a self-identified Trump voter who does not oppose a mandatory buyback program for assault rifles

I know a guy who was there.

They were tipped off he was coming, he walked in, they kicked him out.
He postured in the parking lot a few minutes and left.

They lie. (No surprise.)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 02:51 AM
Proud Crusader

Thanked 5,885 Times in 1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post

I remember reading about some old woman bringing in her late husbands gun collection.

Included was a rare Artillery Luger, a Mauser 98k, and a STG44. All World War II "Bring Backs". One of the cops happened to be honest, and while I don't recall exactly what happened, she got money out of it...
Old 08-19-2019, 05:34 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,264 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprep View Post
Im fine with voluntary gun buy backs at the state level.

I love that people have found ways to mfg cheap guns that can then be profitably sold to buy backs
I've seen pictures of "guns" they bought that were not much more than a piece of iron water pipe attached to a 2X4.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...uns-buy-backs/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

`

More delusions.
`

Beto O’Rourke: Gun Owners Will Willingly Hand Over Their Firearms When I Ask Them To

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,221 Times in 5,417 Posts

Quote:
Uhmmm.....no. No, we won't.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 25,340 Times in 6,495 Posts

Beto seems pretty obsessed with depriving the American people of their gun rights.

Beto states: "if we don't wake up to this threat, it will kill us in our sleep".

Let's see how many other threats might "kill us in our sleep" if we don't wake to them?

How about?

* North Korean development of multi-stage intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of precisely targeting mainland US cities?

* Iran enrichment of uranium leading to an Iranian nuclear yield, and announcement of Iran as a nuclear nation?

* China invading Hong Kong and taking over, mass executions, military control of the territory, and a warning that the US 7th Fleet will henceforth remain outside the Pacific Rim and the South China Sea?

* Russian forces invading Ukraine?

* A Militant Islamist Populist movement conducting a coup in Pakistan, with the result that Pakistani nuclear weapons fall into the hands of a state-sponsored militant Islamist organization?

* The re-emergence of the FARC in Venezuela threatening stability in Columbia, with the result that a Columbian military column invades Venezuela, taking advantage of it's current economic ruin and social chaos?

* Turkey releasing millions and millions of the refugees currently bottled up in Turkey to allow their direct migration into Western Europe, causing economic chaos and political instability throughout the Euro-Zone?

One wonders whether Beto has taken any time at all to consider all the myriad OTHER challenges he might face as President, what his current plans are, and how he'd go about dealing with these crises - rather than his single focus on the destruction of the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution.

Nothing Beto has said indicated he's even marginally aware of these possibilities.

Which issues do you think might "kill us in our sleep" first, Gun Control, or International Crises?

Beto has his priorities confused....which is okay, because Beto doesn't stand a chance in hell of getting elected based on his diatribes against US gun owners to date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 07:42 PM
high on truck stop coffee

Thanked 57,290 Times in 8,663 Posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RECTIFIER For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 PM
I give up

Thanked 17,607 Times in 4,631 Posts

Quote:

Yet, you are the very one who claims: "Unable to read or comprehend rules"

The rest of us can. We are law abiding citizens who ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

Only in "bizarro, upside-down world" would a government directed NOT to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, infringe, due to the bad behavior of criminals.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,171 Times in 26,194 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I value mine at $10 million, each. Not counting mags and ammo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBooker44 View Post
I value mine at $10 million, each. Not counting mags and ammo
`

Well, some of us only buy QUALITY firearms.