***Ladies Section*** Tattoo Rant - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
survival tattoo? troymiles General Discussion 118 04-18-2013 12:09 PM
Tattoo's Smudge Religious Discussion 43 09-03-2012 03:21 AM

Old 10-18-2016, 10:24 AM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by francessanne View Post
you're tatoos had no meaning to him, so you can't expect him to even want to hear your side. men are not women. men are visual and sexual creatures. if it is his preference to see just skin, than that is his preference. i knew a guy who didn't even like beauty marks or freckles...just clear beautiful skin.

this man was paying you a compliment by calling you beautiful just as you were the day you were created you even though you are an older woman. accept it for what it was even though it was not perfect.
It was rude. Plain and simple. Whether couched in a compliment or not, it's not within his right to say such a mean thing to anyone. Unfortunately it seems as some people get older they think they have the right to spout their opinion about other people's personal choices. Fine. Do it. But eventually you are going to run into someone who gives it right back.

I got my first tattoo at the age of 44. Strangers not liking it or wrinkling their noses at it don't hurt my feelings. My family, who know the reason for the tattoo (in memory of my daughter), wrinkling their noses, that hurts! Most strangers actually comment at how beautiful it is if they say anything (it looks like a photograph of autumn leaves).
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrugalFannie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,143 Posts

I don't like tattoos either, but I would never be so rude to approach someone and comment on their tattoos. You should have given him a dirty look and ignored him. You shouldn't explain anything to ignorant people.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanneLynn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Senior Jr Member

When my son got married his father in law in his speech talked about always wondering what kind of man his daughter would marry, almost fearing he would have long hair, body piercings, and tattoos. But then she married my son who has short hair, no piercings and no tattoos. Well I could not let that go, so asked for the microphone and shared how here he had been worried about that, but his daughter has long hair, body piercings and tattoos and we love her and are so happy to welcome her to the family. Yes, everyone laughed with that share. LOL.
The thing about tattoos, is I want to really look at them, read them. The people sporting them, don't seem to like to be stared at though. Why show them and put them in weird spots if you're not wanting anyone to really look at them.
I also don't care for rude ones. Those really should be covered up.
Last comment: I once saw a cartoon with two old guys sitting in rocking chairs outside of a nursing home. "What's that one, a ship? No it's an anchor." "What's yours?" Lol! I've seen tats on old men and you can't tell what they were/are...
The Following User Says Thank You to Suebeedo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,143 Times in 2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebeedo View Post
I've seen tats on old men and you can't tell what they were/are...
I'm thinking that some day there are going to be a certain number of women in old-age homes sporting roses on their tits that weren't originally long-stemmed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NY Min For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Off the leash

Thanked 2,049 Times in 867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Min View Post
I'm thinking that some day there are going to be a certain number of women in old-age homes sporting roses on their tits that weren't originally long-stemmed.
Thanks, there is now coffee on my screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs.sardog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2017, 01:45 AM

Default As If I Care

OK, so when did manners go out of style? I'm a 40 something mother and a teacher. I have two tattoos, both of which are visible only when I want them to be. They mean something to me and I feel no shame. As for what other people look like, individual personal appearance is what separates us from lesser life forms. You don't see bacteria dressing for work in the morning. If you want pink hair and a nose ring, go for it! The older I get, the less I care about other people's opinions. This is what I look like...get over it!
The Following User Says Thank You to RogueHistorian For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
"WHY would you want to hurt my feelings like that?"
That's a pretty good response. I don't have any tats but if some creep says, "Smile" or "You should smile more" or anything related to my appearance, my default is, "I'm not here for your entertainment." I might add on, "If you don't like my [whatever], put a bag over your head."

I don't give a reason for anything, they're not entitled to know. It's none of their business and I don't need their permission to not smile or wear this or that article of clothing. It's not my job to wear my hair a certain way because someone else can't. If they want hair they can get a wig.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,026 Times in 814 Posts

eh....call me old school.

Went into the docs office today for a BP check. Young lady, a medical assistant I guess, steps up.....a tattoo covering the back of her hand and little paw prints going up her neck.....

I'm sure it was....but her hand didn't look sanitary.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:48 AM

There are many who feel that self expression with tattoo's is wrong for a woman.
Yet a guy shows how manly he is by doing just that getting a tattoo of some sort.
When is it or written that this body is mine to have and not abuse but
to put on art or things that say something special about a loved one in our lives.
I dont have any tattoo but if I was its my right to do so and not yours to say no to.
I have seen many very beautiful tattoos on women roses and drawings that are share and some put into privately placed areas all a choice.
So the choice is the persons right and I support "self expression".
Old 02-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,026 Times in 814 Posts

No, no....mine's an equal opportunity what the? So the now ex had cataract surgery a couple years ago. One of the nurses walked out in a short sleeved scrub shirt.....two full sleeves of tattoos. The ex looked at me with a "what the" look.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:12 PM
CA Conservative

Rant on ladies! It is refreshing to hear so many different takes on the subject without condensation.

The gentleman in question was being passive aggressive, but I doubt he even got that.

Your real choice is how to respond: Educate him, take a stand down approach or just simply choose to graciously accept the compliment and ignore the inappropriate part.

His age and level of courtesy would determine my response.

Bottom line, I'm sorry you were dissed. I have to remind myself not to stare or touch tats. I love how some are exquisite works of art and I get drawn to them. I almost slid my hand over a nicely shaped and inked bicep once. Caught myself and walked away before he noticed. How inappropriate and embarrassing. He would probably been offended when I just wanted to appreciate the gorgeous tiger moving through a jungle when he flexed.
Oh my! Glad we are ladies here.

I have no tats because I can't make up my mind where.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tessa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM
gagged

Thanked 9,596 Times in 2,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
I am usually pretty snappy when people are rude or inappropriate with me, but I think the whole thing stunned me. Here I am, surrounded by military veterans, feeling very proud and I see a guy, in a wheel chair, off in the parking lot by himself and looking my way, so I approached him, thinking he needed something and that is the response I got. Threw me for a loop, so I walked away.

Oh...I did see that I typed he approached me. I actually went up to him. I was typing after a long day and was frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
People judge by first appearance even you. You saw him in his wheel chair off.by himself and You thought he needed help and you approached him.
Yes it was rude to give you his opinion, maybe he was in a bitchy mode and wanted to be left alone.
I wouldnt think about it again.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 09:28 AM
Prepared Homesteader

Folks have a right to do what they want with their own bodies. Folks also have a right to express an opinion. I've observed two sad trends in over 50 years in this world - the loss of basic manners and the trend, especially among the young, towards being obsessed with "judgement." I doubt either situation is going to improve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabletophomestead For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2018, 09:04 AM

I was 46 when I got my first tattoo. A small heart in my chest with my hubbys 's name on it. Each one has a special meaning. The Eiffel Tower on left arm from our 30th anniversary trip to Paris. Anyway, no one's business but your own. Also have a third on wrist "El Shaddai.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:35 PM
WonderWoman

It's none of your business what other people think about you. When someone says something stupid like that, I don't even acknowledge it.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:33 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Thanked 12,439 Times in 4,655 Posts

It is interesting to me that this thread has been bumped. I recently went back to work in an office that handles tax resolution issues and accounting. We office share with an attorney who is a general practitioner so I've picked up some freelance paralegal work, too.

I dress professionally but do not worry if my ink shows ... I remember back in the early 90s working in a law office where a woman had to wear bandaids over the tattoos on her ankle. People were ALWAYS asking her what she did to her ankle to which she would respond "I have a tattoo." Lol

Anyway, my boss and I were talking just the other day that not a single, solitary client -- most of whom are elderly -- has said a word, good OR bad, about them. I have to admit I am slightly surprised as I have had complete strangers comment about my tats, and more than a few people touch them. Used to freak me out a bit -- now I just take it in stride.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:09 PM

Just joined and have been reading all the interesting threads.

I don't have tattoos, and just the standard ear piercing. You might say I'm conservative but it's more to the point that I don't want anything too permanent because I know I would change my mind about location and design. I might try the temporary ones, hadn't thought about that.

Anyway, a few years ago I did make a drastic change in my hair color. Like from blonde to a fiery red. I really liked it. Most people did, but a few in my family were less than thrilled.

Recently it has gone back to something closer to natural. Last week I saw my SIL after a long time being apart. I was between colorings and my hair had faded to almost my real color. She very pointedly said how glad she was to have the old me back again. ?????? I still don't get how the color of my hair has anything to do at all with me being me.

I guess people have their preconceptions. But, she should be glad I didn't tell her what I thought she should do with her hair. Instead I just smiled and said nothing.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:40 AM

I have 4 tattoos, each one of them has a special meaning to me .I allowed my daughters to get their 1st tattoo at age 16, they got an infinity symbol with a heart and The word sisters in it. This symbolized the official adoption of my foster daughter . I believe tattoos should be personal and have meaning. After all we've made the choice to have that there on our body for the rest of our life.. That being said no one has a right to judge me or my artwork, or any of my piercings that I might have. I got my belly button pierced with both of my daughters to celebrate the fact that I had lost a 120 pounds with their encouragement as well as being my worki out partners. I use that experience to acknowledge the fact that they were young women now, not children. It has been a great bonding experience, we still buy matching belly button rings after 7 years. I hate the fact that someone chose to judge you for your personal choices. They seem to have forgotten a golden rule do unto others as you would have them do unto you.