satellite maps when on trips - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Revenue officer trips KRINKOV762 Political News and Discussion 13 04-24-2014 02:06 AM
Photos from various ski trips. biathlon General Discussion 12 03-08-2014 01:01 AM
Maps: Where to get Mil style maps Ironduke Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 26 06-07-2012 09:30 AM
Yak trips in Texas Yakman Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6 02-20-2011 08:18 PM
I see talk of SB camping trips name-old General Discussion 6 03-30-2010 10:07 PM
Hungarian trips PATHFINDER-ENE Hungarian 21 12-01-2009 02:44 PM
Earth strangest trips swwjeff General Discussion 6 11-10-2009 10:34 PM
Survival trips in texas Highlander Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 5 07-21-2009 01:54 PM
2 of my fishing trips BakCompat Boating and Fishing 10 02-25-2008 03:46 PM

Old 07-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Hard Wired

Default satellite maps when on trips

Advertise Here

I am just wondering who else uses satellite maps when on trips, I always print off a satellite view of my routes I will take on trips the reason behind this is that I get an ideal of the area and maybe help if something happens while on the road. I also use it in case something happens and I have to make it home on foot in an emergency, this way I know where there are towns, homes or farms that I would want to bypass if needed. also I use them to locate before hand water and other useful information that could make getting home hard
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to mreddie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 29,859 Times in 8,755 Posts

I don't print them off, but if I'm stopping some place on the road where there's a motel, I'll look at it via satellite view so I'll easily recognize it when I get there.

It really makes a huge difference in terms of knowing what things will look like.

There actually is an official survival guide, but you have to write it yourself - and edit it as the situation changes - and revise it as you learn from your mistakes - and start all over again when things change again. (AceScanner)
The Following User Says Thank You to goose3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,016 Times in 487 Posts

Any kind of map is good when going into familiar OR unfamiliar terrain. Satellite is nice though, i always print a few off. One from a distant view, and a few zoomed in on areas ill be going through or staying in.
The Following User Says Thank You to TSilant For This Useful Post: