Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business Trips aka Flying Shad Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 08-12-2014 03:20 PM
Revenue officer trips KRINKOV762 Political News and Discussion 13 04-24-2014 02:06 AM
Photos from various ski trips. biathlon General Discussion 12 03-08-2014 01:01 AM
satellite maps when on trips mreddie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 07-21-2013 08:52 AM
I see talk of SB camping trips name-old General Discussion 6 03-30-2010 10:07 PM
Hungarian trips PATHFINDER-ENE Hungarian 21 12-01-2009 02:44 PM
Earth strangest trips swwjeff General Discussion 6 11-10-2009 10:34 PM
Survival trips in texas Highlander Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 5 07-21-2009 01:54 PM
2 of my fishing trips BakCompat Boating and Fishing 10 02-25-2008 03:46 PM

Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Default Yak trips in Texas

Advertise Here

Last summer I paddled the 38 miles from Liberty Tx. to Anhuac Tx. on the Trinity river. It was downstream all the way, but upwind most of the time,towing my cooler in a tube behind me got kinda taxing.Gotta be some great trips out there I haven't thought of yet ,any suggestions? Plus,planning on hiking the Lone Star trail thru the Sam Houston Nat'l forest this summer<I'll take any tips or Hints on that,too.Thanks and ya'll have a great day!
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,529 Times in 2,547 Posts

Im more of a fisherman so I havent realy went treking around too much with a Yak. Have you tried the Guadalupe around NB. That ought to be pretty decent. Not sure how far down the river you can go but with the Boy Sscouts years ago we made trips down this stretch of river a couple of times a year.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Backpacker I Adventurer

Thanked 1,352 Times in 470 Posts

I've done some great kayaking trips in Wisconsin and Illinois. What type of kayak you cruising in? I've sadly only got a recreational Pelican Persuit 100 that's falling apart. One of these days going to invest in a bigger kayak that I can hit the big lakes and ocean on. Only need 5,000 dollars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,146 Times in 521 Posts

the trinity is good for Texas, done that one myself a few times. the Colorado is good too. the Guadalupe can be alot of fun starting from Canyon, but turns flat further down.

there a river that runs thru San Marcus, for some reason I cant remember the name at the moment. you put in at the park in town. some rapids, lots of flat water. its a fun day trip.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,529 Times in 2,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potantsuem View Post
I've done some great kayaking trips in Wisconsin and Illinois. What type of kayak you cruising in? I've sadly only got a recreational Pelican Persuit 100 that's falling apart. One of these days going to invest in a bigger kayak that I can hit the big lakes and ocean on. Only need 5,000 dollars

Ha hA Ha. I know what you mean which is the only reason I can laugh about that. Got a Pelican Pursuit 100 when I first got into kayaking. Still got that bad boy and it gets plenty of use as a back up yak for friends. So I cant laugh too hard. Works okay but when I upgraded to a Prowler 13 it was a whole nother world for me! Man what a step up that was. I was really suprised to on what a difference a good quality paddle made too! Considering the Trident 15 or a Hobbie Pro Angler as a near future upgrade.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Still in my pursuit,lol,It does what i need it to do,Hate going thru the surf with it,but 5 gallons of water is just more ballast,lol.Looking to try the lower Colorado or the Sabine next trip,will post adventure files,pics,and phone numbers of any alligators i sleep with on the way down!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Hunter/Farmer

Thanked 1,842 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
towing my cooler in a tube behind me got kinda taxing.
Sounds like a drag for sure!
I use a soft sided cooler that I can cram in the hull or bungie in the tankwell.