Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,279 Times in 1,927 Posts

Advertise Here

All the common sense gun laws ainít making sense now? Good letís get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to petergunn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 04:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,755 Times in 7,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
As I have said before, the idea of a bunch of inexperienced, scared, stupid people getting guns does NOTHING to ease my fears. Normally I am against gun control. Right now, I am breathing a sigh of relief that this panicked mob is being slowed down.
Yep...there it is, right out in the open, as predicted on page 1 of the thread..rules for thee, not for me, even when itís a liberal talking about other liberals.
Like crabs in a bucket.

Pitiful.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 05:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,103 Times in 5,779 Posts

What is the percentage of anti-gunner liberals that want to arm up? Probably not as many as you'd think. My guess, under 10% have tried or actually bought a gun in the past month.

Take NYC, one of the heaviest democratic liberal concentrations in the nation, you need a license for a rifle or shotgun. A hand gun would take them well over a year to get in their sweaty pink palms. 80-percent arms will not even ship to NYC or even the next county west of me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 05:55 PM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,172 Times in 5,174 Posts

Urban leftists desire for firearms immediately jerked my mind back to The Duke..... "life is hard, it's even harder if you're stupid"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Awesome

Thanked 25,913 Times in 8,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
As I have said before, the idea of a bunch of inexperienced, scared, stupid people getting guns does NOTHING to ease my fears. Normally I am against gun control. Right now, I am breathing a sigh of relief that this panicked mob is being slowed down.
Agreed, liberals should not have the rights to defend themselves or their families as crime rates rise. They should not be given what they would deny others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:13 PM
What... me worry??

The libturds... well there is little I can say about their ideology that hasnít been said before. I donít care one bit they canít get to firearms.

My conservative son turned 21 just as the government stripped his/our 2A rights away. Where does that leave him?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ack Roe Nym For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:55 PM
SoJer

Thanked 6,577 Times in 2,072 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
...simply go MAD MAX on them! Using anything BUT a gun..
Brilliant. But ya forgot the Pitchforks, mang..

jd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 06:59 PM
American by Choice

At the gun shop where I work we've had record sales, like everyone else. And we've run across the same situation as many here, with liberals getting first hand experience with gun laws for the first time.

The majority of our recent sales have been first-time gun owners. Some are visibly surprised and annoyed at how many "hoops they have to jump through" and are even more shocked that we have to run a background check. Some declined to continue the transaction and immediately left the store once they learned there was a background check.

From some of the comments I've heard from a few folks, it seems many of these sheeple believed the hype on the "news" that claimed you can just walk right in to a gun shop and walk out with a baby-killing-assault-rifle within 5 minutes. Now that they are inconvenienced by the rules they previously supported, suddenly it's my fault when I tell them the reality of the situation. I guess charging them $7.50 for a background check and requiring they fill out a 1-page form means I'm an unreasonable jerk. Most people have been OK with it, but a few have gotten riled up.

One lady was denied and asked me why. I responded that we aren't told why, but a felony conviction (regardless of how long ago it was), a protective order against you, or a domestic violence conviction will get you denied. She replied "Oh, I have 6 or 7 domestic violence convictions, that must be it" then she left, disappointed.

Another guy was surprised he was denied, because his felony conviction was "ages ago". I suggested he research the possibility of getting it expunged if it's been over 7 years. He said it had only been about 2 years. Apparently that constitutes "ages ago." I guess if you haven't robbed anyone this calendar year you're considered an upstanding citizen in some circles.

Usually I like selling a gun to a first time gun owner. It can be an intimidating experience for some folks the first time so I'm happy to walk them through the process and relieve some of their tension. We talk a bit and help them figure out what kind of gun will suit them best. I always give them some instruction on gun safety and how to properly and safely manipulate their firearm, and I recommend they buy some snap-caps so they can practice manipulating, loading and unloading the firearm safely at home. We also have business cards we give out for a local veteran who does firearm training for very reasonable rates. Usually, by the time they walk out the door these first time buyers have a lot more confidence in themselves and their decision to buy a gun, but lately it's been more of a mixed bag.

In addition to record sales we've had record numbers of background checks going into research, or being outright denied.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:57 PM
SoJer

Thanked 6,577 Times in 2,072 Posts

^^ Outstanding Post. Sure wish we could 'hijack' CIANN, et al (ala those guys that pulled that 'Max Headroom stunt' all those years ago.. and Read this testimony over their broadcast - word for word - nice and slow...

..Then end with a raucous 'laugh track'.. ie:
Quote:
Some declined to continue the transaction and immediately left the store once they learned there was a background check.
LMAO!!!

jd
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,083 Times in 2,842 Posts

OK, am I the only reader here entertained by a bunch of proto-nazis getting *****-slapped inyo reality by thier own slly laws?????

I love thier angst....its delicious!!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,214 Times in 4,358 Posts

They didn't need one before they don't need one now...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 10:01 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,616 Times in 7,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Yep...there it is, right out in the open, as predicted on page 1 of the thread..rules for thee, not for me, even when itís a liberal talking about other liberals.
Like crabs in a bucket.

Pitiful.
Thank you for your opinion and self assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
Agreed, liberals should not have the rights to defend themselves or their families as crime rates rise. They should not be given what they would deny others.
If they took the time to learn the three rules of gun handling, how a gun works, proper usage and care, and complied with all laws and rules, I have no problems with them having guns. Grabbing guns like toilet paper in a panicked rush, and with less idea of how to use them than the Charmin, on the other hand... Accidental discharges can kill people just as dead as Corona.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 10:12 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 3,447 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBI View Post
At the gun shop where I work we've had record sales, like everyone else. And we've run across the same situation as many here, with liberals getting first hand experience with gun laws for the first time.

<I snipped your post for brevity only.>

Another guy was surprised he was denied, because his felony conviction was "ages ago". I suggested he research the possibility of getting it expunged if it's been over 7 years. He said it had only been about 2 years. Apparently that constitutes "ages ago." I guess if you haven't robbed anyone this calendar year you're considered an upstanding citizen in some circles.
This mirrors what I have been seeing. Many, many first time gun owners. Frustrated when they find out we have almost nothing in stock and will have to wait for an order to come in, and then have to have background check, etc.

As for the felony conviction guy, it reminds of people that used to tell me they had been clean "a looonnnnngggg time", and then I find out it had been about 3 days...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:21 AM
This space for rent

Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,212 Posts

I thought these people should be reported to the authorities due to
1 lying on the form 443 in regards to knowingly being a prohibited person, and
2 prohibited person attempting to buy a gun,
But then again the cops aren't prosecuting non violent crimes these days are they?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Big Andy1966 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:28 AM

As far as I'm concerned these libtards can all go suck on a Chinese Bat
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigEd63 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
OK, am I the only reader here entertained by a bunch of proto-nazis getting *****-slapped inyo reality by thier own slly laws?????

I love thier angst....its delicious!!!
No you're not I love it when these moonbats get their bubble of artificial reality burst.

I wish all of their comments could be filmed. And lordy talk about complete stupid when it comes to what they are buying.

Decades ago I started out as a teen prepper. My father while not a liberal was just not that interested in firearms.
So I had to learn everything myself. So I learned before hand. Also helped I grew up rural from ages 7-18+

I can't imagine being governed by fear all your life then being so fearful that you buy something you have a phobia about to protect yourself. But you needl a skill set that you don't have to be able to use that item.

I also wonder how bad they have the grand idiotic assumption of "buying" skill. That's bad enough in the average gun community anymore. I hate to see what these libtards "think" they can do with their new "binky".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigEd63 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Deplorable Freedom Zealot

Thanked 11,102 Times in 2,377 Posts

I wonder how many found out they could not order a gun, and have it delivered to their door, or searched for the gun show loophole.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bonegunner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 41,731 Times in 9,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBI View Post

The majority of our recent sales have been first-time gun owners. Some are visibly surprised and annoyed at how many "hoops they have to jump through" and are even more shocked that we have to run a background check. Some declined to continue the transaction and immediately left the store once they learned there was a background check.

From some of the comments I've heard from a few folks, it seems many of these sheeple believed the hype on the "news" that claimed you can just walk right in to a gun shop and walk out with a baby-killing-assault-rifle within 5 minutes. Now that they are inconvenienced by the rules they previously supported, suddenly it's my fault when I tell them the reality of the situation. I guess charging them $7.50 for a background check and requiring they fill out a 1-page form means I'm an unreasonable jerk. Most people have been OK with it, but a few have gotten riled up.

One lady was denied and asked me why. I responded that we aren't told why, but a felony conviction (regardless of how long ago it was), a protective order against you, or a domestic violence conviction will get you denied. She replied "Oh, I have 6 or 7 domestic violence convictions, that must be it" then she left, disappointed.

Usually I like selling a gun to a first time gun owner. It can be an intimidating experience for some folks the first time so I'm happy to walk them through the process and relieve some of their tension. We talk a bit and help them figure out what kind of gun will suit them best. I always give them some instruction on gun safety and how to properly and safely manipulate their firearm, and I recommend they buy some snap-caps so they can practice manipulating, loading and unloading the firearm safely at home. We also have business cards we give out for a local veteran who does firearm training for very reasonable rates. Usually, by the time they walk out the door these first time buyers have a lot more confidence in themselves and their decision to buy a gun, but lately it's been more of a mixed bag.

In addition to record sales we've had record numbers of background checks going into research, or being outright denied.
Excellent post.

I would encourage you make sure these folks who lied on their 4473 are reported for prosecution. Let's just ensure that these laws they probably supported before are exercised to the fullest extent!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 01:18 PM
American by Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy1966 View Post
I thought these people should be reported to the authorities due to
1 lying on the form 443 in regards to knowingly being a prohibited person, and
2 prohibited person attempting to buy a gun,
But then again the cops aren't prosecuting non violent crimes these days are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Excellent post.

I would encourage you make sure these folks who lied on their 4473 are reported for prosecution. Let's just ensure that these laws they probably supported before are exercised to the fullest extent!
There was a time when they usually didn't bother prosecuting attempts to purchase a gun by prohibited persons.

As of 2002 when I got out of the retail side of the gun business, I never even once had a visit from any kind of law enforcement agency in regards to a denial on a background check. At that time the background check system had been in place for around 8 years and I worked at a shop where we commonly sold between 30-40 guns a day (80-100 a day during big sales), so we had plenty of denials. Despite those numbers I never once had anyone from a law enforcement agency follow up on any of them, and by law they are notified by BCI (state agency here who does the checks) every time there is a denial on a background check.

I'm more or less retired now, but for over a year I've been working at a local gun shop part time just to get out of the house a bit. After starting work there I was pleased to learn that since Trump got into office, every time we get a denial on a background check at our gun store we get a phone call or a visit from a BATF agent or someone from the state Attorney General's office following up on it and to interview the employee who was involved in the transaction. They're even more pleased when we're able to provide video of the prohibited person making an attempt to purchase a firearm.

About once a month one of us at the shop gets a subpoena to appear in court as they prosecute these cases. None of us have had to testify yet. The cases they are prosecuting seem to be slam-dunks, in part due to the video evidence, and so we end up wasting a day waiting around in court for our case to get called, only to learn that the suspect pled guilty and made a deal so there's no trial.

One of the BATF guys was willing to chat a little bit and I asked him what sort of criteria they're using in these prosecutions. I was relieved to learn that they're not being robotic about it and are looking at the "totality of the circumstances" when deciding whether to prosecute in these cases.

For example, if a denial was due to a 40 year old DUI that some elderly person forgot about when they recently tried to buy a gun, they probably aren't going to prosecute. But if someone with an active protective order for stalking, threatening and assaulting someone tries to buy a gun then it's a pretty good bet they're going to prosecute them. It's a judgment call on their part, but from the examples he cited it sounded like they're honestly trying to strike a balance: to maintain public safety but not be robotic and prosecute everyone even when it's an honest mistake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBI For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,214 Times in 4,358 Posts

If they weren't WOKE when they walked into the LGS they were definitely WOKE when they walked out...LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post: