Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-28-2020, 05:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 74,384 Times in 22,899 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
Are hospitals overwhelmed in India, Brazil, Africa?

I have a real easy way to fix that. Don't let any corona virus patients in the regular hospitals. That way, only those relatively few that die from corona would die ( which they do even in the hospital) but the hospital can function as usual.
Hey!

If we just killed old and sick people think of all the money we could save!

Didn't that documentary actor Charlton Heston make a movie about that?

I don't wish ill on you or yours, but it was interesting to watch you swing from "just the flu bra" to apologizing to Colt, to "well 'I' don't know anyone who is sick."

If/when this "hits home" for you it will be amusing to watch you seesaw again!

You said, but skipped right over:
Why did China act the way they did.

If your stupid enough to believe China would of cost themselves billions for 1% of their population, who were old nonproducers.... Please out yourselves now.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 06:11 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,940 Times in 10,011 Posts

Also PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS WHO CAN'T WEAR A MASK properly.

Easily half the people I saw today had the mask over their mouth with their nose proud and free. [facepalm] That's not how it works, even at work and they have had training, more than once.

The mask is to make you feel better, and to prevent transmission from you to others if you are asymptomatic. It provides psychological comfort but in my opinion very little in the way of preventing you actually getting sick. It keeps you from spreading. Only. But if they tell people that everyone will say **** you and not wear it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 61,539 Times in 13,862 Posts
Default This is what's teaching your kids

Teacher Lashes Out at Students Playing Football: ‘I Hope You Both Die a Long, Painful Death!’

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...painful-death/

Quote:
The teacher, Nicole Griggs, a math instructor at Steinert High School, was outed on social media in a video where she is seen yelling over a chain-link fence at the kids, according to the Trentonian newspaper.

“I hope both of you get the coronavirus. I hope you both die a long, painful death,” she screeches after claiming she was only trying to “save “their lives.
====

Aren't students who post pics and video of themselves hunting or holding their shotgun expelled? But this **** gets a pass for hoping a couple of kids playing football die?

At the link above a commenter posted the shrew's email address. Have fun.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,514 Times in 3,452 Posts

Quote:
Are hospitals overwhelmed in India, Brazil, Africa?

I have a real easy way to fix that. Don't let any corona virus patients in the regular hospitals. That way, only those relatively few that die from corona would die ( which they do even in the hospital) but the hospital can function as usual.

btw, last time I went to the ER in Orlando Florida, about 6 years ago, I was on a bed in a hallway for about 7 hours until anyone saw me. I came in by ambulance with suspected heart attack ( it was a panic attack but they didn't know it at the time) and there were so many people there with so many bad problems, all they could do is line them up and take them as fast as they could. The guy behind me was having some sort of seizure, or stroke, and literally falling off the bed and they just strapped him to it, and left him, and told the woman with him throwing a fit because nobody was taking care of him" someone will be right with me, we are really busy right now" .
And this was not the first time this sort of thing happened.

So hospitals were overwhelmed sometimes before corona, but it never made the news
You realize that without those covid cases in the hospital, the death rate will go up right? Now you have what, 20% who need hospitalization? Don't allow them in the hospital, and you now have a 20% death rate instead of the 2,7% with care. Using South Korea's numbers since that shows the lowest death rate, so the optimistic numbers. This isn't meant to insult you, but you really don't seem to grasp which numbers i'm talking about. Not everyone in the hospital dies. Those who don't get in the hospital on the other hand, who could be saved in the hospital, will die. So your plan would kill 20% instead of the 1% with care.

Are hospitals overwhelmed in those places: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-deaths-mount .

And sure, hospitals get overwhelmed sometimes. But not -consistently- over a period of months as would happen when you just don't do anything. And that's mostly the ER getting overwhelmed, not ICU.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:21 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,514 Times in 3,452 Posts

Quote:
They have to make masks available to the population first. I don't have a problem with wearing a mask , and I have a reusable one I keep for shopping now, but most people do not have proper masks and they are not available. This is something our government needs to provide. Why can't they make some? Or buy some from someone that does? Is it ****ing rocket science to make a proper face mask and only 2 people on the planet know how or what?
Because you don't set up that kinda factory in 5 seconds, and all over the world they're buying up whatever masks they can. So that will take a while.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Retired kafir

Default One bullet Barney rides again

You can sit in the sand, but not in a folding chair.

Quote:
A video of law enforcement officers telling a 93-year-old couple that they can’t sit in chairs on a beach in Oxnard, California, is currently going viral on social media.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...s-beach-video/

Do they know what complete buffoons they are making of themselves?
Old 04-28-2020, 07:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,518 Times in 4,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
You realize that without those covid cases in the hospital, the death rate will go up right? Now you have what, 20% who need hospitalization? Don't allow them in the hospital, and you now have a 20% death rate instead of the 2,7% with care. Using South Korea's numbers since that shows the lowest death rate, so the optimistic numbers. This isn't meant to insult you, but you really don't seem to grasp which numbers i'm talking about. Not everyone in the hospital dies. Those who don't get in the hospital on the other hand, who could be saved in the hospital, will die. So your plan would kill 20% instead of the 1% with care.

Are hospitals overwhelmed in those places: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-deaths-mount .

And sure, hospitals get overwhelmed sometimes. But not -consistently- over a period of months as would happen when you just don't do anything. And that's mostly the ER getting overwhelmed, not ICU.
You still don't get the numbers right. Let's say 20% of those tested goes to the hospital. This still is not 20% of the population!!!! It's a meaningless number.

lets look at Virginia for example

total cases : 14339 hospital : 2165 death 492 total population: 8.5 million

so , even if all those that go to the hospital died , instead of 23 % ( and probably not all those go to ICU, some probably get sent home with an antibiotic and some oxygen or something)
you would get a death rate of 0.03%

You follow so far?

Out of those 17% are over 70 and many have other conditions so they would have died pretty soon anyway.

And if you open everything up and you start having the millions and millions of deaths, you could potentially shut it down again, worst case. But I don't think that would happen.

They need to try it, to see what happens. All their numbers they predicted were wrong
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,706 Posts

I wonder who cleans up after the horse. Any I have been around, a lot, tend to pooh often.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,518 Times in 4,680 Posts

Quote:
Because you don't set up that kinda factory in 5 seconds, and all over the world they're buying up whatever masks they can. So that will take a while.
They have had 4 months. And if our NSA CIA type people were worth the money the most likely get paid, they should have known earlier than that and stockpiled them

I bet they are not even working on trying to make them or get them. Remember, first they said " it's just the flu" , then it was " just wash your hands, you don't need a mask" and now it's "you must wear a mask, even if it's a bandana" how in the world can you take these people seriously?????
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM
Swirl Herder

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,778 Posts

Quote:
They have had 4 months. And if our NSA CIA type people were worth the money the most likely get paid, they should have known earlier than that and stockpiled them

I bet they are not even working on trying to make them or get them. Remember, first they said " it's just the flu" , then it was " just wash your hands, you don't need a mask" and now it's "you must wear a mask, even if it's a bandana" how in the world can you take these people seriously?????
Correct.

When anyone's interpretation of the same situation/set of data, jumps around wildly from one extreme to another - we should not take them seriously.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hardcalibres For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Retired kafir

Quote:
https://www.aaem.org/resources/state...misinformation
Quote:
AAEM-ACEP Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation

The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical society and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of AAEM and ACEP are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. AAEM and ACEP strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making.

Approved: 4/27/2020

Oh, oh, here's another ER doctor who thinks it's time to open up.

He must be some dangerous hack and the AAEM-ACEP needs to stifle his ass. <eye-roll>

https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/ive-wo...rt-opening-up/

Quote:
I’m an emergency physician at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx. I have been in the ER every day these last few weeks, either supervising or providing direct care. I contracted a COVID-19 infection very early in the outbreak, as did two of my daughters, one of whom is a nurse. We are all well, thank God.
Quote:
Third, inordinate fear misguides the public response. While COVID-19 is serious, fear of it is being over-amplified. The public needs to understand that the vast majority of infected people do quite well.
Quote:
Finally, COVID-19 is more prevalent than we think. Many New Yorkers already have the COVID-19 infection, whether they are aware of it or not.
Quote:
Standing up to this virus can’t be the job of essential workers only. We’ve been strong, but we’re tired, and we need the rest of you to help us. By getting back to work.
"Daniel G. Murphy, MD, is chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx."
Old 04-28-2020, 08:07 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,612 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
If your stupid enough to believe China would of cost themselves billions for 1% of their population, who were old nonproducers.... Please out yourselves now.
Just because the ChiComs can be evil, does not mean they have to be smart with it.

Also, who's more damaged at the time of writing = the 'Middle Kingdom' as they like to style themselves, or the barbarians?

Then there's the possibility the virus got released too soon = before enough of their cadre were vaccinated. After all, as far as we know, none of the ChiCom Party leaders have done a Tom Hanks or a Boris Johnson.

Normally I prefer the stupidity theory of history to the conspiracy theory. This time around... hmmm. Call me stupid if you wish. I think I'd be stupid to not consider the possibility of an allegedly-cunning ChiCom Plan not surviving contact with stupid subordinates and harsh reality.

But then again - as my mom (RIP) used to say - "Son, you may not be able to set a good example, but at least you'll be a horrible warning." Bless ya, mom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,156 Times in 5,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
Oh, oh, here's another ER doctor who thinks it's time to open up.

He must be some dangerous hack and the AAEM-ACEP needs to stifle his ass. <eye-roll>

https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/ive-wo...rt-opening-up/

"Daniel G. Murphy, MD, is chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx."
how dare you suggest the sky isn't falling! ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 08:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 74,384 Times in 22,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoc View Post
Just because the ChiComs can be evil, does not mean they have to be smart with it.

Also, who's more damaged at the time of writing = the 'Middle Kingdom' as they like to style themselves, or the barbarians?

Then there's the possibility the virus got released too soon = before enough of their cadre were vaccinated. After all, as far as we know, none of the ChiCom Party leaders have done a Tom Hanks or a Boris Johnson.

Normally I prefer the stupidity theory of history to the conspiracy theory. This time around... hmmm. Call me stupid if you wish. I think I'd be stupid to not consider the possibility of an allegedly-cunning ChiCom Plan not surviving contact with stupid subordinates and harsh reality.

But then again - as my mom (RIP) used to say - "Son, you may not be able to set a good example, but at least you'll be a horrible warning." Bless ya, mom.
You do realize that none of your conspiracies about it being a released weapon etc has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with my statement of them shutting down.... Right?

I made no statement about it being natural or a weapon, accidental or intentional release. (I have no idea and refuse to engage in groundless speculation.)

Simply how I expect China to act with the declared %, and how it does not match other historical and recent death rates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 08:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,612 Times in 938 Posts

OK Nomad, so I misread this

"Why did China act the way they did.

If your stupid enough to believe China would of cost themselves billions for 1% of their population, who were old nonproducers.... Please out yourselves now."

Consider me chastised if you wish :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 11:35 PM
White Hat

Thanked 12,846 Times in 2,165 Posts

Quote:

So why destroy the US and maybe the world economy ( well except China of course since they make everything) just to save a few people?
It would be like making cars illegal because people die in car accidents. If you add up how many people have already died in car accidents ( NOT just this year, but since they have had cars) , especially young and healthy people, by that reasoning there shouldn't be cars, and you should just stay home , so you don't die in a car crash.
I'm really sorry your "economy" in Virginia is being "destroyed", but our economy seems okay here, and I am LOVING how fast it is to drive from Portland to Seattle and back, even at rush hour, even with normal levels of trucking on the highway.

In this part of the world a lot of folks can work online, so we have a thriving economy without driving all the time like crazy people.

Here's what I don't get... You live on a farm in the boonies. You spend most days taking care of your animals.

You don't have an employer. You don't eat out. You are successfully selling your livestock, eggs, and produce.

Seems like you wouldn't notice much one way or the other.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paravani For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 06:07 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 39,703 Times in 9,472 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 06:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,706 Posts

I am looking at my neighbors, beauticians, a barber, concrete workers, lawn care, carpenters, and a whole bunch of school kids that are out of jobs and school. Not due to lack of work or facilities. Ran to the bank's night deposit, liquor store open till 9, grocery and hardware closed at 6. Farmers still dumping milk, livestock trucker still not moving. Yeah, work from home doesn't cut it. Oh, towns are laying off due to decreased revenues and schools are talking the same.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,940 Times in 10,011 Posts

The alcohol to go in TX has been so popular the gov is saying he plans to keep it.

"Let them drink Lone Star!" If my husband is any example the masses are pretty happy as long as they have their alcohol.

I have a strict 1 drink every 2 week policy as agreed with my doctor.

He couldn't work so I had to take Ubers yesterday which led to me being $4 overdrawn so I need to take care of that in a little bit.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:51 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 83,590 Times in 24,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
I wonder who cleans up after the horse. Any I have been around, a lot, tend to pooh often.
Would be kind of ironic if they found the horse has the virus and is spreading around on their route.

I assume they carry a little baggie to pick up the horse manure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post: