Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Community Nomad, 2nd Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 42 02-14-2018 07:48 AM
Preppers: The Local Community College AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 09-22-2017 09:30 AM
PAW Community Issues (was Food Production: How Would You Deal With Slackers?) lobanz Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 305 09-13-2017 11:09 AM
Self Sufficient Community? CeruleanZenith88 Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 34 07-19-2017 02:26 PM

Old 03-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Pencil 5, AUTOCAD 0

Thanked 14,439 Times in 3,019 Posts

Advertise Here

Where was kev when name and his little group of arseholes ruined this site??
Mods got thrown under the bus. I do not care about left or right or other such
political garbage.. I care about practical knowlege. I rarely come here anymore
because of this. Leadership requires intestinal fortitude, not selling out.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to toobboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,233 Times in 7,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobboy View Post
Where was kev when name and his little group of arseholes ruined this site??
Name, even though a lot of members hated him, I thought he was ok. He stirred stuff up.

The thing is, nobody makes someone read their post. Nobody made you read his post. Add him to the block list.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacash View Post
To continue the conversation, I received one of the invites to that other forum, and that invite said nothing about leaving this forum. It simply said, and Iím paraphrasing here, ďthereís a new forum worth checking out. Pop in and say Hi sometime, if youíd like.Ē

Looking forward to the further exploration of this topic.

ETA: Upon looking, there are over 161,000 members. If 100 members leave, that is 0.06%, a statistical anomaly at best.
None of the bands handed out today were permanent.

The ones who were plotting against the community will probably receive permanent bans, but your buddy will not.

Have him sit out his wait period, then rejoin the community when his time is up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2018, 06:34 PM
RIP Dad

Thanked 3,881 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
None of the bands handed out today were permanent.

The ones who were plotting against the community will probably receive permanent bans, but your buddy will not.

Have him sit out his wait period, then rejoin the community when his time is up.
It has nothing to do with the length on the ban, itís the fact that there is a ban at all. A ban handed out for an invite sent through PRIVATE MESSAGE. There was nothing posted in open site, just through private message.

One last question, since youíre obviously not interested in a continuing conversation, despite that being the purpose of a forum. If this site is so important to you, why did you sell it?

Things that are important to me, I keep close to me where I can control what goes on with them.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bacash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 06:51 PM
I have a sharp stick.

Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To continue the conversation, I received one of the invites to that other forum, and that invite said nothing about leaving this forum. It simply said, and I’m paraphrasing here, “there’s a new forum worth checking out. Pop in and say Hi sometime, if you’d like.”

Nothing inciting open rebellion, nothing telling, or even asking, members to stop visiting this site. Just an invitation to visit, and participate in, another forum with like minded people.

I guess what I’m not understanding is why that’s so threatening. I don’t know the statistics, but I’m sure this site has thousands of member, so, statistically, what does it matter if a few dozen, or even a hundred leave? If they truly leave, meaning they never come back, doesn’t that mean they probably weren’t happy or active here? My confusion lies in the suspension of someone who was active here for trying to continue the enlightenment of minds.

Looking forward to the further exploration of this topic.

ETA: Upon looking, there are over 161,000 members. If 100 members leave, that is 0.06%, a statistical anomaly at best.
Were not most of the people from the other site actually Banned from this site?
For arbitrary reasons from mods that were fired from here for their ridicules edicts and personal prejudices?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Doe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 06:53 PM
RIP Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Doe View Post
We're not most of the people from the other site actually Banned from this site?
For arbitrary reasons from mods that were fired from here for their rediculas edicts and personal prejudices?
To the best of my knowledge, none of the members at the other site were banned from this one, until now. But then again I didn’t ask.

It doesn’t seem like something out of the realm of possibility.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bacash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:01 PM
I have a sharp stick.

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, none of the members at the other site were banned from this one, until now. But then again I didn’t ask.

It doesn’t seem like something out of the realm of possibility.
Several were banned for sure, maybe not the majority. But it was started up from the original gang from the darkside, where they're were no rules on trolling. Mods were fair game, except Kev.
Kev is more than welcome to visit or Join the other place.

I'm sure a few would like to talk with him there...

The only problem this site has ever had imho was some mods that got big headed and wanted to be on a power trip.
...and now that I think about it there was some weird stalking going on towards some of the members having private info put out. Tabi was behind most of that, but there were some creeps hassling the women and no one did anything about banning them.

This is the Midas of prepper forums, I hope we get our act together. Would be a shame to see it all come down because a few mods got it off track a few years ago.

It's why you need mods that are vetted. And not...

I'll just end it here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jane Doe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Is a great cartridge.

Thanked 5,355 Times in 1,664 Posts

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the length on the ban, it’s the fact that there is a ban at all. A ban handed out for an invite sent through PRIVATE MESSAGE. There was nothing posted in open site, just through private message......

So......."Private Messages" are not really "Private Messages"......??????????
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 6.8SPC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:17 PM

Come on by some time and I bet you'll find a group that is very undeserving of the shade you're throwing. As far as I know, not a single post, much less thread, has been disrespectful of this place. There is NO infighting. EVERYONE gets vetted coming in. No trolls. I've been over there since the beginning, and we pose no threat to SB. We aren't disrupting anything and I think an apology is in order for lumping us into the same group as Name etc. Private messages should be just that. In the specific case of "that other board", you're being petty. We contributed here, you lost control and sold out. The trolls took over. We left. Nothing to be throwing out bans and lumping us in with libtard trolls. Certainly looks like you're no longer putting in that 12 hours a day watching your creation.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Branch Manager For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:19 PM
RIP Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8SPC View Post
I canít speak to whether they were reported by a member who received the message or whether there is more going on.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
RIP Dad

Quote:
Several were banned for sure, maybe not the majority. But it was started up from the original gang from the darkside, where they're were no rules on trolling. Mods were fair game, except Kev.

The only problem this site has ever had imho was some mods that got big headed and wanted to be on a power trip.
...and now that I think about it there was some weird stalking going on towards some of the members having private info put out. Tabi was behind most of that, but there were some creeps hassling the women and no one did anything about banning them.

This is the Midas of prepper forums, I hope we get our act together. Would be a shame to see it all come down because a few mods got it off track a few years ago.

I'll just end it here.
Not sure Iíd call it ďthe original dark side gangĒ, and Iím relatively certain that the membership there was not bad from here. If you have an example, Iíd love to hear it. That other site is much like this one was when I first joined, a collection of people here to learn and discuss. Not a group on feces slinging children who are all out to pick fights amongst the members.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:25 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
It doesnít seem like it...
Old 03-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
If this site is so important to you, why did you sell it?

As the head of my family, I have an obligation to put them first. The decision I made provided my family with stability.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I have not read private messages in 3 or 4 years, maybe longer.

Private means just that, private. However, I have to place the stability of the community over an individuals sense of privacy.

When I have a member telling their friend, "I am going to tell my liberal friends about that post, and I hope you do the same." Plus taking screen shots of the forum, that person and everyone they associate with needs to go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:

When I have a member telling their friend, "I am going to tell my liberal friends about that post, and I hope you do the same." Plus taking screen shots of the forum, that person and everyone they associate with needs to go.
Again, not us. Please kindly stop associating is with folks who are ruining this place. Perhaps (exactly because of) if you had kept a wrap on things a little tighter there would have been no reason to create another forum. It certainly wasn't for financial gain because I've tried several times to donate for upgrades. The man just isn't taking it right now until the bugs get worked out. Very honorable IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Branch Manager For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Branch Manager View Post
Again, not us. Please kindly stop associating us with folks who are ruining this place.
Who is associating you with anything?

This thread was started to let member know what is going on. It is part of my open door policy. I want members to stay in the loop.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:47 PM
°Salga de aquŪ!

Thanked 8,721 Times in 2,905 Posts

Maybe change the term "Private Message" to "Personal Message" or something that does not infer privacy? I am probably being naive but to me private means private and anything but private is misleading.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MeTarzan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,433 Times in 5,605 Posts

I know I should keep my mouth shut, but more and more it seems like members here are treated like property, or a commodity. Not Kev's property, but of vertical scope.

However, Kev is under pressure to preserve and increase viewership. Thus, it appears we are backstabbing if we also frequent other websites. We are asked to follow this forum and another new forum, facebook, twitter, blogs, youtube channel #1 and #2, and visit alloutdoors. They are redundant, repetitive, basic, and naturally therefore uninteresting. We can't visit all the places, and register for updates and notifications. We don't have time in our live long prepping day to delete all the junk mail that will accumulate in our e-mail boxes. I changed my e-mail and password here because of the enlightenment (pertaining to new ownership and a secret security breach) and nearly lost my account. But I won't have all kind of junk in my main mail. I just won't. Now the mail goes to an account I never check.

When you cast a wide and sundry net for new members you are going to pick up lots of baitfish and garbage that floated out from a landfill along with some few new worthy members.

This causes much strife and grief among the membership, staff, and administrators.

Sorry to be a harsh critic, but I came here voluntarily, and owe no debt. I take no food from anyone's mouth by refusing to sign up for youtube, twitter, or other websites.

(ETA: Tomorrow I will wake up and this will be gone, but I have work to do early, and can't be here to protest about it.)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thyme2bprepped For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:53 PM
RIP Dad

Quote:
As the head of my family, I have an obligation to put them first. The decision I made provided my family with stability.
And that is well within your right, and I donít hold it against you. Itís just childish and petty that you ban members for a private message because you lose a few members.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bacash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 09:18 PM
RIP Dad

Quote:

I'll just end it here.
So apparently there was a site created that used darkside as part of the site name, thatís not the site Iím talking about. Nobody on the one Iíve been referring to has been banned from SB.