Survivalist Forum banner

2017 meet

6K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Goblin X 
#1 ·
Any ideas on us to gather to put faces to logons in early 2017?

There are a few options for meeting near Columbia.

Richard

#13 ·
For what seems like a million times - yes. I hope this time it works out. I don't care if it's a lets meet to talk or a camping weekend. All I know is it sure would be nice to get a group started again.

I can travel the state so where is not a biggie with me. I live in the Midlands and there is a large group of us here but I think meeting people from other areas is good too. NemesisAOG's idea of allowing others from N. C. (even GA) is good to. It's all good. I've gone to meetups in Georgia and North Carolina. Like minded people seem to welcome folks and don't get bent over where someone lives.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the link I'm going to put below but in case some aren't, here is a great website for free or very low cost camping. Some of these places are very minimal and some have showers, bathrooms and picnic tables. Maybe it's worth a look-see. I like these places because they tend to be rural and have less tourists/vacationers mixing in with the group. Only problem: first come, first served and the campsites are usually low number.

freecampsites.net/

#14 ·
I'm game. Between Columbia and Camden, but a drive through our beautiful state never bothers me and the wife.

Just a suggestion, but I was actually coming on the state page to see if anyone local (Midlands area) might be interested in swapping for some fresh duck eggs. Since we haven't really had much of a winter around here our ducks have been laying in overdrive and we have a massive surplus. Seems like alot of folks are squeamish about duck eggs, but they are just like chicken eggs, just bigger and richer. Awesome for baking.

I really don't like trying to sell stuff, and would much rather barter or trade like our ancestors used to do. So, what would the group think about us using the meet up as a kind of "swap meet"? I think most of us on here have the same goals, survival being the utmost, and being able to share our rescources among friends we trust might not be a bad idea, as long as we can kinda verify "who's who" I suppose.

Anyways, I'm game for a meet up where ever.

-DixieKen:cool:

#15 ·
last I checked, I was on 7 lists, and probably just made 8. Im in the lowcountry swap side between the 2 rivers of the Edisto and the Ashley. for now anyway. i could blast up to columbia.. why dont we start out with brakin bread somewhere? call me crazy, and a lot of people do, I dont fully trust ya till ive sat down to a meal with ya. you can tell a lot about a person that way. sides, if any ones there observing, they will have a hard time getting info between bites...... i vote barbecue. Bessengers is up there.....

#18 ·
meet and feel everything out. see if we are all moving i one direction, start something we can all grow and benefit from. a sizeing up so to speak. Ive been to a couple down here in the Charleston area, but they ended up as more or less conspiracy theory clubs, setting under a live oak and talking succession among other things.... I just Had to leave one group up in NC ( my home state originally, do to the fact after all the work was done (compound) the self appointed "Leaders" decided they wanted everyone to do DNA testing of them and their 'others" didn't take much to figure out, they were moving in the racial purity direction, and I am a mixed blood.

didn't seem to matter when I was fixing and using equipment, or building and obtaining materials plus stringin in security and fencing, only after everything including wells and gardens were established, and the 'leaders" started moving more family in...

we can get together, and make sure that any irreconcilable differences don't exist. get any questions answered before we even start. access members abilities. so we have a direction. and set up from there. do a compatibility check as it were. what do you think?

#25 ·
was thinking more of a core meeting, then if it works out, we can inter-react and meet with other groups,

april 25/26 is a good ballpark to start, I have HT going to come as well, excellent medic so he brings a lot to the table. what say tha rest of ya, throw some dates out here.

#26 ·
I can attend a Meet & Greet weekdays or weekends. You'll have people that have problems with either one. Less people can attend on weekdays because of work or responsibilities with kids schedule. However, weekends means where ever you meet is busier and may have a harder time accommodating a group and surely won't have privacy. Someone mentioned Bessinger's. I'm assuming that is Piggy Park. The one in Cayce stays busy and we'd have a hard time getting enough tables. I don't know about the Piggy Park restaurants across town since I live in Lexington County. With that in mind, may I throw out the suggestion of Piggy Park Hwy. 6 and I-20. That's right outside of the town of Lexington. How they stay in business surprises me. The food is great but for some reason (maybe it's the traffic) this P.P. does not do a lot of business. I've been there probably 20 times and never saw more than 2 customers. The owners are like minded when it comes to preparedness and even if we are overheard no one would think anything about it. Wherever you decide to meet, if in the Columbia area I would be willing to confirm directions, check out the busyness of the restaurant and parking availability if you'd like.

Goblin X. Thank goodness you found out about those ignorant people before you really got in deep. Anyone who asked me or even started talking about DNA tests would drive me away FAST. I don't give a rip if people are purple, white, black or any color. I simply want to make friends, learn to trust and let others learn to trust me, learn some new skills and share skills I have so that everyone in the group walks away from a give and take happy. I personally don't want to be in a group that ethnicity is a criteria for admittance. SHTF, I need good people around me, not ignorant people. You mention a compound. Sounds like you were looking for a MAC group or some kind of living together situation. I grew tired of waiting for that to happen. So many talk about joining together - I've heard it for 15 years but nothing ever materializes. Then you've got the "alpha" types - you bring your stuff, you help improve MY property and if it doesn't work out - you walk away with nothing. I am not looking for anything like that. I've got my own place. I'm looking to get to know people for sharing skills and knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.