What was your "Prep" for today? - Page 322 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Geographic has "I Escaped A Cult" in between "Doomsday Preppers" today. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 25 08-21-2020 09:14 AM
Non "Rambo" Prep Helmet Nate74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 72 08-20-2020 07:30 AM
Finally... a sane answer to "Why do we prep?" SurvivorGirlAL Jokes, Humor & Music 17 07-20-2020 12:49 AM
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 03:51 AM
The Media asks " Why Prep" Northern Raider British Isles and ROI 33 12-07-2017 07:20 AM
Food Prices "will double by 2030" - Oxfam. Time to prep with a home garden? Jubbles Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 130 03-12-2017 01:12 PM
Article shows how most "sheeple" prep. potatoheadman Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 52 11-05-2016 09:38 PM
An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan landline000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-25-2016 12:17 AM
Neighbor "found" me online, knows I prep now... AARGH! joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 126 09-02-2014 10:49 PM

Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

100 rounds .45 ACP, 50 trot line hooks, vinyl gloves, fire starters,bear bells to tie on lines for early detection of two legged POS. Also 91% alcohol, face masks and belt held ammo carriers. STAY READY
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawk View Post
love that stuff. If you hav a Dollar Tree around you.. Get them for a buck!
Awesome! I will definitely check it out. The ones I bought were 2.00 each. I have one in the fridge to try out unless you have a review of it.

I'm pitting cherries today and will be raw packing them. Bought 8 pounds of oats already packed in mylar and some jelly jars. The jars are earmarked for cranberry sauce this fall.

Sunday it's grand girls birthday party, a trip to Sams and picking up 2 - 55 gallon barrels on the way home.

Suzanne
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,423 Times in 2,155 Posts

Wife went out to the garage sales today and picked up a big box of fishing lures and tackle that I get to go through tonite, She also found 2 dozen arrows(carbon and Aluminum mixed) for $10 with the broadheads. She also picked some odds and ends gold and silver jewelry (she's a shark and can sniff out the good stuff)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KCChimneyman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 13,450 Times in 5,610 Posts

Got a complete blood work up done. Try"n like heck to get off these 2 med. Blood pressure is doing better so that one is almost gone. Just a few more pounds.....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHills View Post
Actually a week ago today...but just now took pic. needed a better BOV than the '05 Jeep GC I had. It was starting to need a few things......This lives with us now. '09 XTerra. Upgrades coming soon. Guess you could call it a "Gray Man" vehicle.....

Car people will know....but bonus points for saying what the car in the reflection is......
How about a 2010 Chevy Camero drop-top?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,918 Times in 3,688 Posts

Sent in the information to pre-qualify for a loan for property.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Ready for the big "push"

Thanked 1,668 Times in 644 Posts

Trading FRN's before they become completely worthless for things like food, soap, TP, ammo and clothes.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM
"This is my Boomstick!"

Thanked 1,335 Times in 732 Posts

Ordered a case of ten 2400 calorie Mainstay emergency food ration packets, a pair of Alpaca wool socks, twelve Duracell Procell CR123A batteries for my taclights, and 3-1 survival hand axe/hammer/nail puller.

Also eight cans of soup, four cans of chili, two cans of tuna, a bottle of soy sauce, and a jar of peanut butter for the food stock.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Hiker

I added 12 tubes of toothpaste, 10 toothbrushes, 4 bars of soap, 10 Ivory bodywash - all free with coupons.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Finally bought rice and beans. 10lbs of rice and 10lbs of dried pinto beans. Just getting started on dry stuff. Have about 50 cans of misc stuff stashed already. Its tough when the wife thinks your crazy.....

Oh and 24 AA batteries. They even state on the package 7year shelf life!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Hiker

Went to Sam's today and bought 280 dollars worth of groceries to include a really nice Stanley power inverter/ battery charger. Been looking at them for months and BAM there it was in front of me on the shelf this morning! First real "impulse buy" Ive made in a while. Now just have to hide it so DH doesn't find it or he'll say What the H*ll did you buy this thing for? (he's not thinking about when the power goes out ) Guess he'd be happier if I bought jewelry or clothes or some other crap....Oh well guess they NEVER come to appreciate us practical girls UNTIL somethng happens.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jleverin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
phoenix rising

Fire extinguisher at a yard sale for 20$(Lowes 60$),cc sw radio,and another 2 pairs of Nomadic state of mind rope sandles.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Repeal the 17th Amendment

After getting my EOTech back from L-3 for a repair (FANTASTIC customer service, by-the-way; 8 days from the day I mailed it til the day it got back to me) I sighted it in on my M&P15T for 300 meters. That was yesterday.

Today, I got a Wicked Lasers Arctic Spyder iii in the mail. I swapped it for a couple tickets to an air show. It's strobing effect seems bright enough to disorient a home invader, but mounting it to a weapon may or may not be practical. It's pretty cool. Strong enough to start stuff on fire on its highest setting. I just need to figure out what to do with it in a practical sense now. If not, I'll probably swap it for something else, or sell it and buy something. It's really unique though.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,160 Times in 3,987 Posts

Printed off the USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning.

Worked in the garden earlier - slowly clearing a spot to double the space for next year. Adding all the weeds to a compost pile.

Picked up 8 more gallons of vinegar and some sugar. I didn't realize how much you use canning. I actually had to dip into my preps and get sugar a few days ago. I was in the middle of canning and the sugar jar was empty and the extra bag I thought was sugar was flour.

Tomorrow I'm stopping at a farmer's market and hoping to get a bunch of jalapenos. They had them last week for $1.50 for about a quart. I'm planning on doing more canning tomorrow. Anyone got a favorite recipe for jalapenos?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM

This week has been a busy one.

Monday: I spent the evening checking tires: my truck, the wife’s car, and all the bicycles. I also checked the fluids in the vehicles – everything checked out, no leaks, nohting low other than windshield washer fluid.

Tuesday: I found a listing on Craiglist for an Aosom Cargo Trailer for my bike (my backup bug out transportation). The guy was asking $60.00. It has 20’ rims and tires instead of the normal 16” version, which is really appealing to me. 20” rims, tires and tubes are everywhere. I researched it, and the thing is rated for 180lbs, has a solid steel floor, and includes the full canvas. It looked to be in good shape, so I emailed the guy.

Wednesday: The guy with trailer called, and I met him after work. The trailer was exactly what he said it was – it is in next to new condition. Tires are a little dry-rotted, but I already have plans for tires with more of a street tread anyway – less resitance, and a whole lot quieter. I gave him his full asking price ($60.00); he was honest and reasonable – plus these for over $120.00 new from what I can tell. I’m happy, he’s happy, it a win-win scenario. I guess that Craigslist can be a decent place to find things afterall.

Thursday: Bought the tires I want for the bike trailer ($12.00 each at Walmart), plus new tubes (pre-slimed). Mounted them Thursday evening without any issues. I installed the trailer hitch mount on my bicycle, and took it for a test ride. Honestly, I barely notice it is back there unless I hit a bump and even then it is more noise than a feeling. I’m still convinced this is the way to go for me.

Friday: I noticed when I was changing out the tires on the bike trailer that the rims are less than true. I picked up a spoke wrench at lunch, and spent a little bit of trial and error remembering how to true a bicycle rim again. It’s been years, but after about an hour, I now have a bicycle cargo trailer with new tires, tubes, and rims that are straight and true. I rode around the block with it behind me again, I barely noticed it before, and now I have to look behind me to double check it is still there.

The wife may not fully appreciate it, but I’m happy with the progress I made this week. I spent right around $100.00 total, and I tripled my cargo capacity for my “human-powered” transortation. I’ll try to remember to post some pics this weekend.

Tomorrow will be a run to the local goodwill to look for deals. You never know what you’ll find in those places.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 AM

Default Clearance Isle @ Walmart

Old 07-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Opinionated old fart.

Thanked 7,166 Times in 3,374 Posts

The wife is taking her CWP class & test in the morning. If she fails, then I have failed in teaching her.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,236 Times in 4,174 Posts

Yesterday I watched the hour long episode of Gardeners World (BBC). Its a great programme about growing veg, gardens etc. They covered growing leeks and onions this week, also how to do some cuttings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mw1h
http://www.gardenersworld.com/

Its BOB Saturday today so Im going to replace the dog food with a new pack, and also go through the BoB Jacket so I can get used to using the equipment and know where it is in the jacket.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Prepared

Location: not where I should be, but headed in that direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChimneyman View Post
Wife went out to the garage sales today and picked up a big box of fishing lures and tackle that I get to go through tonite, She also found 2 dozen arrows(carbon and Aluminum mixed) for $10 with the broadheads. She also picked some odds and ends gold and silver jewelry (she's a shark and can sniff out the good stuff)
she's a shark and can sniff out the good stuff
Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Prepared

Tried the Warm and Nutty quinoa recipe here: http://thegrainmarket.com/recipes.php?cid=1&rid=38

First time I've liked quinoa.