What was your "Prep" for today? - Page 295 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Geographic has "I Escaped A Cult" in between "Doomsday Preppers" today. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 25 08-21-2020 09:14 AM
Non "Rambo" Prep Helmet Nate74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 72 08-20-2020 07:30 AM
Finally... a sane answer to "Why do we prep?" SurvivorGirlAL Jokes, Humor & Music 17 07-20-2020 12:49 AM
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 03:51 AM
The Media asks " Why Prep" Northern Raider British Isles and ROI 33 12-07-2017 07:20 AM
Food Prices "will double by 2030" - Oxfam. Time to prep with a home garden? Jubbles Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 130 03-12-2017 01:12 PM
Article shows how most "sheeple" prep. potatoheadman Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 52 11-05-2016 09:38 PM
An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan landline000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-25-2016 12:17 AM
Neighbor "found" me online, knows I prep now... AARGH! joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 126 09-02-2014 10:49 PM

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,350 Posts

Advertise Here

DH and I were talking about most likely events and timelines (weather, inflation/economic). I am especially concerned about the debt ceiling and Aug 2nd.

We are stepping up some purchases and more importantly, he is talking about his concerns and preparedness goals. It is not just about buying stuff, but about being of one mind and knowing what to do with what you have (or don't have).

We are being more honest with each other about our abilities and limitations. Sometimes having any plan/preps is a lot better than waiting for perfection which is unattainable.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShaynaGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Target Shooter

Starting to get my water supplies squared away. Picked up another cartload of water at Costco, bringing me up to about 85 gallons of various types of bottled water. 2.5 gallon containers, 1 gallon containers, 1 liter bottles, and 16.9oz bottles.

Being single, and only having to care for a medium sized dog, I figure 85 gallons should pretty easily last a month or more.

I plan to expand much more, but that's gonna take some storage creativity.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,236 Times in 4,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackbob View Post
How big are the wheels and will it go voerland if needed.......
There probably 2 to 3 inch across, but since its got handles I would probably lift it. Im not engineery/techy person, but would exchanging the wheels be possible (just make the holes bigger etc). I could even attach ruck sack type arm handles to carry.

Im in a flood area, which is our most likely scenario, we would be moved to a school or hotel, so firm ground all the way.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,184 Posts

I would look for wheels that are bigger in diameter (maybe the size of the wheels on a golf cart and wider - like wheelbarrow wheels).... if you have to be on anything other than completely flat pavement
The Following User Says Thank You to ackbob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Today i ordered several more #10 cans of powered whole eggs and milk from honeyville.
The Following User Says Thank You to fuller For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,184 Posts

ordered a blast match, first aid supplies, water collection barrel, potable water hose, five boxes of 9 hour candles, field medic surgical kit, and a few more things...
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Default I am done!

Finished tining a wood burning furnace directly into my forced air system. This will work as a gravity fed furnace of old.

Double walled tin chimney is in place, looks good. Every thing is baffled separating the two.

I should get pictures posted, not as hard as I imagined.

Total cost - $750. (worthless fiat FRN's)
Old 07-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Prepared

I sold some stuff.

Instead of once again moving this useless crap that I've been hauling from house to house and storing in my usable space, I've been selling it on Craigslist. I didn't have enough junk to host a yardsale, plus I didn't want the entire neighborhood having a nice look-see into my garage, so Craigslist has worked out well. I'm trying to stay safe by meeting people in the grocery store parking lot instead of at home... and carrying my gun, of course. I've made more than $200 over the past 4 days. Now I've got more space for preps, and money to buy those preps. Now THAT is awesome!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to newberrie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Finally took the time to inventory my food preps and put them on the computer. Found some things I need more of - and some things that I have more of than I thought - -
At least now it will be easy to keep up to date and replenish - get more of - or consume some of the excess.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 PM

My brother, father and I spent some time in my bro's basement this morning before family lunch and put up 35 5 gallon buckets. Almost all buckets are combo affairs with about 8 to 10 cans of protein, along with rice and/or beans and/or quick oats, and/or salt and sugar. (We though this would be the best way to store stuff for our families, plus the buckets are good grade so they can be used once empty.)

The goal is 250 five gallon buckets set up the same, spread out between houses, most at our BOL. We are not even close, but we are working on it. Back to Aldi's and Costco we go!!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:10 PM

This weekend of celebrating freedom, we did some shopping for our freedom in the future:

5 lbs pectin
Wonder wash (manual clothes washer)
Gas grill, used w/ tank (charcoal one we have causes too much smoke when coals heating up, last thing I want is a big smoke signal saying we have food and fuel)
Escape ladder for second story
Tortilla press
40 lbs beans
20 boxes of brownie mix, $0.50/each

Free items:
Dehydrator (free from friend)
Solid wood dresser, no particle board garbage (free at curb)
Picked last of our onions and garlic for storing
Cleaned basement to make room for 50 five gallon buckets being picked up this month

Using our stockpile/garden:
Fajitas with home grown chicken, fresh onions from the garden and pickled peppers from 2009 garden
Homemade sourdough with homemade strawberry jam, omlettes with garden basil, spinach, and onions
Refried beans made from dry beans
Old 07-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Buckeye Prepper

Happy 4th of July to all. A special thank you to all who have served our country to maintain our freedom. God Bless America!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to successmo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Prepared

$20 bob tent, 88 cent poncho, emergency orange pocket vest, super glue, duct tape and knife sharpener. I've got a picture and video review of the $20 bob tent within this link. It's a pretty darn nice tent.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...3&postcount=96
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,730 Times in 819 Posts

MSI 10 liter water bladder
Quikclot trama pack
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,179 Posts

Hit a garage sale and church rummage sale. It is 100+ degrees outside. Got some great winter gear for the familiy. Got a few canning jars, candles, a few camping supplies. Sure beats new price.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meat Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 AM

Got started with medic training for MontanaVisaFireRescue. Going to have to revive garden after three day visit to San Antonio. And did my bit on handgun research. Lots of kudos from the pro's for Glock
The Following User Says Thank You to AshiVon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Hiker

Friend came for a visit and gave me lots of lemon grass roots along with lemon and rose scented pelargoniums.
Put in some onions, silverbeet, rocket and mesclun. Am still eating pumpkin soup from the pumpkins I grew last summer.

Finally found a great house in the country I would like to buy. Now....all that has to happen is for the farm to sell.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,072 Times in 368 Posts

I bought 6 water storage containers 5 gal and filled them up.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Stay the Course

Everytime I have some down time I see this thread in my mind and wonder, what will be my "Prep" for the day?

I have made it a chore to actually do something to better myself, my family, and my survival group atleast once a day all thanks to this thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Prepared

Just bought a new rolling shelling with six shelves to expand food storage capabilities. We just moved to a new house and it has a small pantry.