Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 12-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Stay Calm & Hit The Gas

Default Warning To Be Heeded

Advertise Here

Son: "Start preparing now. Something big is about to happen".
Mom: "Why? Whats going to happen?"
Son: "I cannot tell you anything else. Just start preparing now."

This warning was given to a mom from her son a month ago.

The only "prepping" this mom has ever done is get extra groceries ahead of a snowstorm. She has gone from zero preps to full blown survivalist. Why?

I only know that her son is in a position that his farts need special security clearance just to be passed. Area 51 kind of secrecy.

She does not know what, where, when, how, or who.

Take it for what it's worth to you.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to 72Malibu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,537 Times in 6,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Malibu View Post

The only "prepping" this mom has ever done is get extra groceries ahead of a snowstorm. She has gone from zero preps to full blown survivalist. Why?

I only know that her son is in a position that his farts need special security clearance just to be passed. Area 51 kind of secrecy.

OMG , GTG I have got lots of popcorn just in case WWZ starts early. Popcorn is the most important prep , to watch it live on tv at least until the comms are cut or power goes out. Thanks for the heads up Let us now when it is time for the red star cluster JMHO and S/FI!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 35,475 Times in 9,912 Posts

Quote:

Without passing judgement on the validity of the Sons suggestion, I have always tried to prepare as if some terrible event was about to happen.
Perhaps we have 30 yrs before it happens, perhaps 30 days, perhaps 30 minutes. I still fall short of being fully prepared, but that is my objective.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 10:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,568 Times in 1,637 Posts

Just what I needed to kick in my prepping OCD!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,461 Times in 5,842 Posts

I vote meteor. Or impeachment. Or a slew of DOJ arrests of prominent Democrats.

Either works for me.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,982 Times in 748 Posts

Someone claims to have secret knowledge of a cataclysm at least every other month on here. Nothing ever happens. It won't time either.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Flinter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:37 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 26,051 Times in 9,368 Posts

Today is as good a day as any.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:47 PM

Kim Jon un’s mysterious Christmas gift for President Trump?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freja For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,852 Times in 915 Posts

I need special clearance to pass gas as well. Last time I passed gas without clearance, authorities in Hawaii sent out a warning they were under attack from North Korea.

But seriously, everyday is a good day to prep like something is right around the corner. A heads up is good, but as Flinter pointed there's always a claim of special doomsday insider.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ImbriD For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 12:44 AM
Prepared

Quote:

where does mom live?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterWiggin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 01:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,567 Times in 7,395 Posts

And does the son work at 7-11 as a “cover”?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 01:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,716 Times in 6,741 Posts

I had a similar conversation with my 7 year old.

Me: "Start preparing now. Someone big is coming"

Daughter: "Who? What's happening?"

Me: "I can only tell you to stock up on cookies and milk and don't be naughty"
Old 12-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,323 Times in 4,312 Posts

There's no dire warnings on the high side, believer me. However, you don't need dire warnings from peeps with badges and secret-squirrel access (most of the info is compartmentalized anyways) to remind you to stay prepared.

Seasonal weather conditions, volatile political climate, a massively surging economy that will eventually correct itself; an open boarder with known terrorist threats and a constant willingness to disrupt our way of life, and constant malicious cyber attacks that will eventually disrupt certain sectors of our infrastructure or economic sectors.

It was easier during the cold-war era. A single threat that the government leveraged for public influence and it was much more tangible and visible. We have far more threat vectors these days and while they may not be threats at national levels, they are certainly threats regionally depending on where you live and what high-value targets may be in your AO.

Believe me, the government doesn't have any clues on the viability of potential threats. They know how vulnerable our infrastructure is with EMP. They know how vulnerable our economic markets are. Remember Y2K? The government wasn't sure what the roll-over would do to computer systems running millions of aspects in society. We (the Army) set up a communications network in Texas; hospitals (both military and civilian) had back up generators positioned, etc. Sure, it was a marketing opportunity, but the government was uncertain as to what might happen. They're still clueless with all the other threat vectors and planning is done for many...but that planning isn't for your benefit...it's to keep their leadership intact, maintain viability and control of all major lines of communication, transportation, power generation, fuel reserves, etc.

The government is not preparing for "your" safety and assistance. It's not personal, they just have to plan for the big picture of control (not the negative type), and restoration of major services, and maintain some semblance of "government is in control" narrative, thinking it will limit the WRL chaos (which it won't).

Good scares are good for wakeups and marketing strategies, but the truth remains that being prepared is a personal responsibility; always has been always will be. And the moment when you need those preparations is not the time to rush to the local stores to use your credit card and stock up...

ROCK6
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 06:13 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 23,996 Times in 7,237 Posts

I vividly recall the May 18th, 1980 Mt Saint Helens eruption. The wife, children & I were high in the mtns cutting firewood.

We were loading cut firewood into our the trailer behind our 4 wheel drive, when I noticed a strange very dark black cloud on the horizon, which was heading our way. It appeared very unnatural and was almost horizon wide.

My 1st thought it was a cloud from a nuclear explosion of some sorts. Quickly piled our gear in the trailer, loaded everybody in our rig & headed home at fairly high speed. Had recently broke off the rigs radio antenna & had not replaced it = NO VEHICLE RADIO.

The cloud advanced towards us, as we advanced towards it. Very quickly we drove into the leading edge of the cloud which was so full of ash dust it was like driving into a snow blizzard white out. Had the wife & children keep their nose/mouth covered with pieces of clothing to minimize breathing that superfine dust in.

It didn't take long for that ash to clog our motors air filter. I stopped, removed the air filter, knocked out the dust coating it, screwed it back down, peeled off my tee shirt & wrapped a layer of it over the air filter to help keep the ash out of the air filter.

Had to repeat that clean & replace the air filter two more times before we got home. Once home quickly grabbed a Geiger counter & tested for radioactivity & there was nothing above normal.

We had grid power, so I cranked up the TV & a couple radios, and learned what had occurred. End result a few inches of ash coating our house & property.

That was a REAL wake-up call, how quickly things can go bad. One lesson learned from that event was I always carry a high quality portable AM/FM/SW radio in every vehicle I own as a back-up to the vehicles radio & a full new package of face type dust masks, besides all the other survival gear we keep in all our vehicles.

Another lesson learned from that event was, I keep more than enough high quality wide packing tape on a shelf at home to SEAL every window, vent & all the doors in the whole house, in case I want to keep any airborne contaminate OUT.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:44 AM
VIP Member

Dang buster, that's quite a story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackpine1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,956 Times in 5,332 Posts

For my entire life, every time there is a threat to our way of life, people work hard to prevent that threat from happening. So far the threats have been averted

Sooner or later they might fail. That is why I prep
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Prepared

When Mt. St. Helens erupted, we had a very light coating of ash on everything in Flagstaff, AZ. That stuff travels, so if you're not near a volcano that erupts, you may still get some effects. The main effect here was a little more dust and great sunsets, but please don't assume zero effects from it if you don't live in Washington State or Oregon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 25,708 Times in 6,580 Posts

Heh....Washington State - and central Washington in particular - also was formerly located about 40 miles north of hell - the US Army Chemical Weapons Depository at Umatilla.

That's decommissioned and cleaned up now, but there used to be signs along the highway heading south with yellow blinking lights that said "if the light is blinking, turn around and head back north". Very subtle.

The last news reports I saw indicated that some of the former chemical weapons bunkers are now being used by FEMA (etc.) to store cots, sleeping bags, tents, and other assorted preps for when the Cascadia Subduction Zone unzips along its entire fault-line in a 9.1 scale earthquake.

Life isn't dull in the Pacific Northwest. And as ROCK6 says there are no signs of alarm on the high side, but we all know that things can go south in a heartbeat. Complacency is something we all may recognize in ourselves from time to time, requiring a recommitment to be ready for whatever happens, moment to moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
I had a similar conversation with my 7 year old.

Me: "Start preparing now. Someone big is coming"

Daughter: "Who? What's happening?"

Me: "I can only tell you to stock up on cookies and milk and don't be naughty"
you saved the thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterWiggin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppingGal View Post
When Mt. St. Helens erupted, we had a very light coating of ash on everything in Flagstaff, AZ. That stuff travels, so if you're not near a volcano that erupts, you may still get some effects. The main effect here was a little more dust and great sunsets, but please don't assume zero effects from it if you don't live in Washington State or Oregon.
good post.

we prep for volcanos (yellowstone, whatever) here in Denver, Colorado. But that's because the last few years, there have been forest fires in the foothills that make it look like it's snowing in the summer.

One thing I have is 20" box fans and 20"x20" merv 13 filters in case we have to 'make' clean air due to fires (or volcanoes).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeterWiggin For This Useful Post: