Observation From Trip to Commiefornia - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 PM
IceFire's Avatar
IceFire IceFire is offline
I have control issues
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southeast AZ
Posts: 5,146
Thanks: 5,659
Thanked 7,439 Times in 3,002 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default Observation From Trip to Commiefornia



Advertise Here

An observation based on my trip to Commiefornia this last weekend:

The traffic coming back (through LA area - I-5 to 210, to I-10) was horrible. This was on a SUNDAY, mid-afternoon. " Rush hour" on a weekday would be total gridlock. And that was WITHOUT the inevitable traffic accident. If they had to try to evacuate that area, those people would be TOTALLY screwed! As in, they aren't going to be able to go ANYWHERE!
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 09:48 PM
iceman121's Avatar
iceman121 iceman121 is online now
just starting.
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Metro
Posts: 453
Thanks: 399
Thanked 435 Times in 171 Posts
Default

That's why I am glad I live where I do. I am just outside the suburbs but not in the country. My city is pretty much a suburb type city but it's got a nice buffer to it. If you had to evac any major city you would be better off doing it on foot.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceman121 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 12:41 AM
Steve_In_29 Steve_In_29 is online now
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St John's, AZ
Posts: 6,031
Thanks: 7,591
Thanked 10,681 Times in 3,856 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
An observation based on my trip to Commiefornia this last weekend:

The traffic coming back (through LA area - I-5 to 210, to I-10) was horrible. This was on a SUNDAY, mid-afternoon. " Rush hour" on a weekday would be total gridlock. And that was WITHOUT the inevitable traffic accident. If they had to try to evacuate that area, those people would be TOTALLY screwed! As in, they aren't going to be able to go ANYWHERE!
I point this out all the time to people who think they are going to bug out from the LA Basin. And good luck trying to walk out.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 AM
dasrock dasrock is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 27
Thanks: 219
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Same issue with the SF Bay Area up north. It’s going to be gridlock with the 7 million trying to get out and to where ?
dig in and put up a fight and try not to warp your barrels.......

Kalifornia behind enemy lines......
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dasrock For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:13 AM
TRyan's Avatar
TRyan TRyan is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: California
Posts: 8,388
Thanks: 6,333
Thanked 28,716 Times in 6,741 Posts
Default

All of California's traffic is not an accident or poor planning. On the contrary it is planned. They are trying to make movement so bad people throw their hands up and get on....wait for it....mass transit (bus, rail, biking). Only problem with this is it doesn't/won't work in CA.

This is social engineering. Want more info/proof? Look into "road diets". It is basically the practice of taking lanes away from streets (which are already crowded in CA) to give them to parking or bicyclists.

Basically, CA is a Liberal paradise and it doesn't work. But many people, some on this forum, will continue to vote Democrat and bring this crap to their own state. Unfortunately for them, by then, it will be too late.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:38 PM
neiowa neiowa is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,573
Thanks: 635
Thanked 1,775 Times in 846 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
All of California's traffic is not an accident or poor planning. On the contrary it is planned. They are trying to make movement so bad people throw their hands up and get on....wait for it....mass transit (bus, rail, biking). Only problem with this is it doesn't/won't work in CA.

This is social engineering. Want more info/proof? Look into "road diets". It is basically the practice of taking lanes away from streets (which are already crowded in CA) to give them to parking or bicyclists.

Basically, CA is a Liberal paradise and it doesn't work. But many people, some on this forum, will continue to vote Democrat and bring this crap to their own state. Unfortunately for them, by then, it will be too late.
Yes. Copy what the Brits proved many years ago doesn't work (trains/bus/bikes). Then add 5million aliens.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 03:28 PM
HomeDefense's Avatar
HomeDefense HomeDefense is offline
Bad Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hellfire, Arizona
Posts: 4,500
Thanks: 2,710
Thanked 18,179 Times in 3,879 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
Basically, CA is a Liberal paradise and it doesn't work. But many people, some on this forum, will continue to vote Democrat and bring this crap to their own state. Unfortunately for them, by then, it will be too late.
I'm more concerned about the current mass migration out of Kalifornya. Everywhere they go, they bring their Democrat votes and re-implement their favorite failed liberal policies.

They move to conservative states due to the higher quality of living and lower taxes. It's like an unstoppable plague that is infesting the entire country.

There is a cure, but it's not legal.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Iamfarticus's Avatar
Iamfarticus Iamfarticus is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 6,871
Thanks: 4,946
Thanked 13,634 Times in 4,929 Posts
Default

Same as where I live, in a SHTF moment, the only ways out are plane or boat.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 11:51 AM
SmallGame2100's Avatar
SmallGame2100 SmallGame2100 is offline
Behind Enemy Lines
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 746
Thanks: 212
Thanked 527 Times in 246 Posts
Default

I live in a smaller city than most, even rush hour is hectic but not quite grid lock. Only an accident or two would cause that. But, that is all I will say
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Hick Industries's Avatar
Hick Industries Hick Industries is offline
Live Secret, Live Happy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eastern Oklahoma
Posts: 14,463
Thanks: 17,964
Thanked 35,475 Times in 9,912 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
I point this out all the time to people who think they are going to bug out from the LA Basin. And good luck trying to walk out.
Folks trapped in the LA basin will have a tougher time getting out than those living in the high desert,
But I can suggest an escape route for those with long range, 4wd vehicles.

Highway 395 north to Bishop, turn NE to Tonapah then Eley, Nv, on US 6.
Then turn east on US 50 to Grand Junction, Co, and finally Wichita, Ks.

I kept a Lance camper loaded on my Dodge diesel, and my water and fuel tanks filled.
Tonapah to Wichita without needing to refuel.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 12:25 PM
Kloyiod Kloyiod is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 146
Thanks: 273
Thanked 192 Times in 79 Posts
Default

In the last 50 years, California has grown at such a enormous rate that the state hasn't been able to keep up with growth! The state has become uninhabitable for anyone except the illegals that want to live and are used to that type of environment of filth and muck. The residents have no one to blame but themselves for allowing it to happen. You made your bed, now go lie in it!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kloyiod For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Jim from 28DaysLater's Avatar
Jim from 28DaysLater Jim from 28DaysLater is offline
....
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Deptford
Posts: 1,230
Thanks: 1,822
Thanked 1,717 Times in 766 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloyiod View Post
In the last 50 years, California has grown at such a enormous rate that the state hasn't been able to keep up with growth! The state has become uninhabitable for anyone except the illegals that want to live and are used to that type of environment of filth and muck. The residents have no one to blame but themselves for allowing it to happen. You made your bed, now go lie in it!
That's how I'm starting to feel about the northeast. Haven't ridden on a train in many years now, but back then, they were already awful. Also last times I was in Manhattan, it seemed to have gotten to the point that the sidewalks were normally as crowded as during the holidays. This was all years ago.

Can't understand that people who are running it think it's all practical, unless they add a lot more capacity / leeway for water supply, transportation, everything.

They added EZ Pass, and today, you once again still often crawl through the tolls near to NYC.

Try riding trains in New Jersey... same thing. It's usually utterly disgusting.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2019, 10:21 PM
AZ_HighCountry AZ_HighCountry is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: High country of Arizona
Posts: 8,067
Thanks: 1,953
Thanked 27,637 Times in 6,701 Posts
Default

Two days in Compton last week was enough for me. Taking the freeway from LAX to the office wasn't too bad. Trip to the new office location in Whittier wasn't too bad mid-afternoon. The trip back to Compton was fine compared to what was headed NB.

I will not like being there most of next year.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:28 PM
ScottPreps ScottPreps is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 445
Thanked 2,363 Times in 999 Posts
Default

Traffic? Forget it. All the major cities are done from a traffic perspective. Done.

Over the past 10 years, I've been to over a dozen major US cities multiple times on business or personal trips. They're all getting horrific on traffic. Not always, but mostly. And worse, it's all hours. Not always, but often. On a good day you have the usual rush. But then there's also the usual construction/accidents, etc. And that's often off hours, so even if you head someplace at 4:00 AM, you end up in a one lane merge challenge.

LA, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Austin, Philly, Boston... some are obviously worse than others. (Boston for example.) And some have multiple ways out, but will still be jammed. For example, LA and NYC only have really limited major thoroughfares out. Philly and Boston, for example, (aside from some water crossings), have multiple local smaller roads if you know them. But they're fairly crowded too. And all of this, everything... obviously, is just for regular traffic. In an SHTF type thing where EVERYone wants to go? Forget it. Add a little bit of inclement weather? You're not going anywhere. You're either already on the edge and out early or your screwed unless you have an alternate water or air option. (Or if weather allows bicycle or motorcycle.)

It's over. They're all jammed up tight. If it's temp SHTF, you maybe shelter in place with what you've got. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere fast from any of these places.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottPreps For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:38 PM
Lateck Lateck is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 56
Thanked 111 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Yes Cammiefornia has it's problems but I'm thinking it is with all large metro areas.
To many people in a small area to get out and the roads are not built for it.
California is a cesspool but all big cities all are having the same issues.
Best to stay out of them and california.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lateck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 12:02 AM
zumhug's Avatar
zumhug zumhug is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 2,738
Thanks: 6,794
Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,769 Posts
Default

It was like that 20 years ago too. The I405 was a 6 lane parking lot and it was barely better than the 101 or I10.

Why anyone would want to live/work/commute there is beyond me. Heck, why would anyone want to live there?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 12:56 AM
SeaBeeDaddy's Avatar
SeaBeeDaddy SeaBeeDaddy is offline
For Conversation's Sake.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,070
Thanks: 12,912
Thanked 17,994 Times in 5,493 Posts
Default

This is why I take a helicopter.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 01:47 AM
ILOVEGUNS&BACON ILOVEGUNS&BACON is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Lakeside CA
Age: 56
Posts: 53
Thanks: 243
Thanked 134 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Twice a month I make a run from San Diego up through LA to a radar test range. It's north of LA up in the mountains. Takes me 10 hours to make a 335 mile round trip. LA sucks!!
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ILOVEGUNS&BACON For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 01:47 AM
Jim from 28DaysLater's Avatar
Jim from 28DaysLater Jim from 28DaysLater is offline
....
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Deptford
Posts: 1,230
Thanks: 1,822
Thanked 1,717 Times in 766 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPreps View Post
Traffic? Forget it. All the major cities are done from a traffic perspective. Done.

Over the past 10 years, I've been to over a dozen major US cities multiple times on business or personal trips. They're all getting horrific on traffic. Not always, but mostly. And worse, it's all hours. Not always, but often. On a good day you have the usual rush. But then there's also the usual construction/accidents, etc. And that's often off hours, so even if you head someplace at 4:00 AM, you end up in a one lane merge challenge.

LA, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Austin, Philly, Boston... some are obviously worse than others. (Boston for example.) And some have multiple ways out, but will still be jammed. For example, LA and NYC only have really limited major thoroughfares out. Philly and Boston, for example, (aside from some water crossings), have multiple local smaller roads if you know them. But they're fairly crowded too. And all of this, everything... obviously, is just for regular traffic. In an SHTF type thing where EVERYone wants to go? Forget it. Add a little bit of inclement weather? You're not going anywhere. You're either already on the edge and out early or your screwed unless you have an alternate water or air option. (Or if weather allows bicycle or motorcycle.)

It's over. They're all jammed up tight. If it's temp SHTF, you maybe shelter in place with what you've got. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere fast from any of these places.
You're right. Even my hometown has a lot more traffic at night now. It's getting to the point that there's not really a "dead of night" anymore. Years ago, you never would have guessed it would become this way.

Trains in NJ and NY... best you can say for em is they're not as bad as someplace like India. They added double decker train cars in NJ, and it was absolutely necessary. Standing room only trains, and they weren't even city trains. But rather trains for commuting to and from the city. Imagine riding for 30 or 45 minutes like that every weeknight, with other men and women standing exactly next to you.

Then if you also have to ride another train within NY when you're there, it's more of the same thing.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2019, 03:44 AM
dmas dmas is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,798
Thanks: 1,328
Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Two days in Compton last week was enough for me. Taking the freeway from LAX to the office wasn't too bad. Trip to the new office location in Whittier wasn't too bad mid-afternoon. The trip back to Compton was fine compared to what was headed NB.

I will not like being there most of next year.
Back in the 70s Compton was one of the worst and most dangerous places in California. I doubt it has improved.

Los Angeles is the most densely populated area in the us. Though Manhattan is more concentrated, LA has half the area of ny but 2/3 the population. The suburbs are populated beyond what most americans can imagine.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net