Observation From Trip to Commiefornia - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 7,439 Times in 3,002 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default Observation From Trip to Commiefornia

Advertise Here

An observation based on my trip to Commiefornia this last weekend:

The traffic coming back (through LA area - I-5 to 210, to I-10) was horrible. This was on a SUNDAY, mid-afternoon. " Rush hour" on a weekday would be total gridlock. And that was WITHOUT the inevitable traffic accident. If they had to try to evacuate that area, those people would be TOTALLY screwed! As in, they aren't going to be able to go ANYWHERE!
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 09:48 PM
just starting.

That's why I am glad I live where I do. I am just outside the suburbs but not in the country. My city is pretty much a suburb type city but it's got a nice buffer to it. If you had to evac any major city you would be better off doing it on foot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceman121 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 12:41 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 10,681 Times in 3,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
An observation based on my trip to Commiefornia this last weekend:

The traffic coming back (through LA area - I-5 to 210, to I-10) was horrible. This was on a SUNDAY, mid-afternoon. " Rush hour" on a weekday would be total gridlock. And that was WITHOUT the inevitable traffic accident. If they had to try to evacuate that area, those people would be TOTALLY screwed! As in, they aren't going to be able to go ANYWHERE!
I point this out all the time to people who think they are going to bug out from the LA Basin. And good luck trying to walk out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 AM

Same issue with the SF Bay Area up north. It’s going to be gridlock with the 7 million trying to get out and to where ?
dig in and put up a fight and try not to warp your barrels.......

Kalifornia behind enemy lines......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dasrock For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,716 Times in 6,741 Posts

All of California's traffic is not an accident or poor planning. On the contrary it is planned. They are trying to make movement so bad people throw their hands up and get on....wait for it....mass transit (bus, rail, biking). Only problem with this is it doesn't/won't work in CA.

This is social engineering. Want more info/proof? Look into "road diets". It is basically the practice of taking lanes away from streets (which are already crowded in CA) to give them to parking or bicyclists.

Basically, CA is a Liberal paradise and it doesn't work. But many people, some on this forum, will continue to vote Democrat and bring this crap to their own state. Unfortunately for them, by then, it will be too late.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,775 Times in 846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
All of California's traffic is not an accident or poor planning. On the contrary it is planned. They are trying to make movement so bad people throw their hands up and get on....wait for it....mass transit (bus, rail, biking). Only problem with this is it doesn't/won't work in CA.

This is social engineering. Want more info/proof? Look into "road diets". It is basically the practice of taking lanes away from streets (which are already crowded in CA) to give them to parking or bicyclists.

Basically, CA is a Liberal paradise and it doesn't work. But many people, some on this forum, will continue to vote Democrat and bring this crap to their own state. Unfortunately for them, by then, it will be too late.
Yes. Copy what the Brits proved many years ago doesn't work (trains/bus/bikes). Then add 5million aliens.
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 18,179 Times in 3,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
I'm more concerned about the current mass migration out of Kalifornya. Everywhere they go, they bring their Democrat votes and re-implement their favorite failed liberal policies.

They move to conservative states due to the higher quality of living and lower taxes. It's like an unstoppable plague that is infesting the entire country.

There is a cure, but it's not legal.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,634 Times in 4,929 Posts

Same as where I live, in a SHTF moment, the only ways out are plane or boat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

I live in a smaller city than most, even rush hour is hectic but not quite grid lock. Only an accident or two would cause that. But, that is all I will say
Old 11-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 35,475 Times in 9,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
I point this out all the time to people who think they are going to bug out from the LA Basin. And good luck trying to walk out.
Folks trapped in the LA basin will have a tougher time getting out than those living in the high desert,
But I can suggest an escape route for those with long range, 4wd vehicles.

Highway 395 north to Bishop, turn NE to Tonapah then Eley, Nv, on US 6.
Then turn east on US 50 to Grand Junction, Co, and finally Wichita, Ks.

I kept a Lance camper loaded on my Dodge diesel, and my water and fuel tanks filled.
Tonapah to Wichita without needing to refuel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 12:25 PM

In the last 50 years, California has grown at such a enormous rate that the state hasn't been able to keep up with growth! The state has become uninhabitable for anyone except the illegals that want to live and are used to that type of environment of filth and muck. The residents have no one to blame but themselves for allowing it to happen. You made your bed, now go lie in it!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kloyiod For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloyiod View Post
In the last 50 years, California has grown at such a enormous rate that the state hasn't been able to keep up with growth! The state has become uninhabitable for anyone except the illegals that want to live and are used to that type of environment of filth and muck. The residents have no one to blame but themselves for allowing it to happen. You made your bed, now go lie in it!
That's how I'm starting to feel about the northeast. Haven't ridden on a train in many years now, but back then, they were already awful. Also last times I was in Manhattan, it seemed to have gotten to the point that the sidewalks were normally as crowded as during the holidays. This was all years ago.

Can't understand that people who are running it think it's all practical, unless they add a lot more capacity / leeway for water supply, transportation, everything.

They added EZ Pass, and today, you once again still often crawl through the tolls near to NYC.

Try riding trains in New Jersey... same thing. It's usually utterly disgusting.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 27,637 Times in 6,701 Posts

Two days in Compton last week was enough for me. Taking the freeway from LAX to the office wasn't too bad. Trip to the new office location in Whittier wasn't too bad mid-afternoon. The trip back to Compton was fine compared to what was headed NB.

I will not like being there most of next year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:28 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,363 Times in 999 Posts

Traffic? Forget it. All the major cities are done from a traffic perspective. Done.

Over the past 10 years, I've been to over a dozen major US cities multiple times on business or personal trips. They're all getting horrific on traffic. Not always, but mostly. And worse, it's all hours. Not always, but often. On a good day you have the usual rush. But then there's also the usual construction/accidents, etc. And that's often off hours, so even if you head someplace at 4:00 AM, you end up in a one lane merge challenge.

LA, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Austin, Philly, Boston... some are obviously worse than others. (Boston for example.) And some have multiple ways out, but will still be jammed. For example, LA and NYC only have really limited major thoroughfares out. Philly and Boston, for example, (aside from some water crossings), have multiple local smaller roads if you know them. But they're fairly crowded too. And all of this, everything... obviously, is just for regular traffic. In an SHTF type thing where EVERYone wants to go? Forget it. Add a little bit of inclement weather? You're not going anywhere. You're either already on the edge and out early or your screwed unless you have an alternate water or air option. (Or if weather allows bicycle or motorcycle.)

It's over. They're all jammed up tight. If it's temp SHTF, you maybe shelter in place with what you've got. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere fast from any of these places.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottPreps For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:38 PM

Yes Cammiefornia has it's problems but I'm thinking it is with all large metro areas.
To many people in a small area to get out and the roads are not built for it.
California is a cesspool but all big cities all are having the same issues.
Best to stay out of them and california.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lateck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 12:02 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,769 Posts

It was like that 20 years ago too. The I405 was a 6 lane parking lot and it was barely better than the 101 or I10.

Why anyone would want to live/work/commute there is beyond me. Heck, why would anyone want to live there?
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 12:56 AM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 17,994 Times in 5,493 Posts

This is why I take a helicopter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 01:47 AM

Twice a month I make a run from San Diego up through LA to a radar test range. It's north of LA up in the mountains. Takes me 10 hours to make a 335 mile round trip. LA sucks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ILOVEGUNS&BACON For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 01:47 AM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPreps View Post
Traffic? Forget it. All the major cities are done from a traffic perspective. Done.

Over the past 10 years, I've been to over a dozen major US cities multiple times on business or personal trips. They're all getting horrific on traffic. Not always, but mostly. And worse, it's all hours. Not always, but often. On a good day you have the usual rush. But then there's also the usual construction/accidents, etc. And that's often off hours, so even if you head someplace at 4:00 AM, you end up in a one lane merge challenge.

LA, NYC, Chicago, Denver, Austin, Philly, Boston... some are obviously worse than others. (Boston for example.) And some have multiple ways out, but will still be jammed. For example, LA and NYC only have really limited major thoroughfares out. Philly and Boston, for example, (aside from some water crossings), have multiple local smaller roads if you know them. But they're fairly crowded too. And all of this, everything... obviously, is just for regular traffic. In an SHTF type thing where EVERYone wants to go? Forget it. Add a little bit of inclement weather? You're not going anywhere. You're either already on the edge and out early or your screwed unless you have an alternate water or air option. (Or if weather allows bicycle or motorcycle.)

It's over. They're all jammed up tight. If it's temp SHTF, you maybe shelter in place with what you've got. Otherwise, you're not going anywhere fast from any of these places.
You're right. Even my hometown has a lot more traffic at night now. It's getting to the point that there's not really a "dead of night" anymore. Years ago, you never would have guessed it would become this way.

Trains in NJ and NY... best you can say for em is they're not as bad as someplace like India. They added double decker train cars in NJ, and it was absolutely necessary. Standing room only trains, and they weren't even city trains. But rather trains for commuting to and from the city. Imagine riding for 30 or 45 minutes like that every weeknight, with other men and women standing exactly next to you.

Then if you also have to ride another train within NY when you're there, it's more of the same thing.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Two days in Compton last week was enough for me. Taking the freeway from LAX to the office wasn't too bad. Trip to the new office location in Whittier wasn't too bad mid-afternoon. The trip back to Compton was fine compared to what was headed NB.

I will not like being there most of next year.
Back in the 70s Compton was one of the worst and most dangerous places in California. I doubt it has improved.

Los Angeles is the most densely populated area in the us. Though Manhattan is more concentrated, LA has half the area of ny but 2/3 the population. The suburbs are populated beyond what most americans can imagine.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post: