Creepy stories from the indoors - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the outdoors. MT Patriot Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6429 01-16-2020 02:45 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 03:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 03:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 09:27 PM
Creepy men. Absolutely! Ladies Section 67 02-12-2013 12:32 AM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 08:12 PM

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 12:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,273 Times in 5,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Ziggy View Post
I did security at a hospital for a number of years, night shift, 7 pm to 7am. The hospital was a small one, 2 stories, mainly to stabilize folks to send them to bigger hospitals, and the top floor, where DNR's or folks circling the drain went to pass away.

There wasn't a lot of staff, and in the cold winter months the place could be unbearably lonely. While working such long, late shifts, my eyes and mind would always play tricks on me. Seeing figures and shadows in the corner of my eyes, hearing voices. One night while taking a break in the upstairs sleeplab, which used to be the OR years ago. A friend and I heard loud, raspy breathing coming from one of the empty rooms, it got louder and louder until my friend, a devout Christian, said a prayer and it went away.

Patients and staff alike would always talk of seeing a black cloaked figure walk into rooms, shortly after that patient would pass away.

Whoa!

Many years ago, my wife worked in a nursing home. One night she gives me a call. When I got there, and soon after I see two other guys, one I know to be a husband and one a boyfriend of other nurses, also confused, also summoned.

I know these guys casually. Frequently our wives and the one guy's girlfriend worked together and got off at the same time. They were the sort of women men will drive in the evening to meet coming out of work. On Fridays they went retro. Someone found some old fashioned, sexy white nursing outfits somewhere and they use to come out together, side by side, beaming, hats on, white stockings, white dresses, long legged, one blond, on strawberry blond, one platinum blond! (The male patients went nuts on Fridays.)

Here's what happened. In one room there was an elderly lady, who was immobile. She filled her hours watching activity and reporting things. This is her thing and she's so accurate she's a reliable snitch. She goes ape sh*t one night, saying a man in a brown cloak came down the hallway (from the secured fire exit that gives off an alarm)...and went into a room across the hall. Yes, a frigging brown cloak!

The nurses ran into there and they don't find any man there but they found the patient there, another elderly woman has passed and she has a terrified expression frozen on her face. It's highly possible she might pass, but that expression and the report concerned everyone. This sets everything off, security is flying around, paramedics, administrators, the cops, everything. We arrive when the cops are still on the perimeter and sweeping the building with security.

There was a nurse at the nurses station facing that hallway. Two nurses were doing meds, one on each side of the hall, and any 'visitor' who somehow managed to get through the door, and went past them, likely when they were in the rooms, if there was anything.

So we're standing outside wondering what the heck is going on based on what we heard. Then one of us cracks a comment about the guy being in Brown...so it must be UPS and we shake our head, UPS delivers everything! Nothing was found so I guess those guys like I, chidded my wife and forgot about it.

I haven't thought about it much...this is like 30 years ago. I thought it was just one crazy lady maybe hearing someone's death prattle and having her imagination run wild...then I read what you wrote about people seeing a man in a cloak and now, I'm getting chills from something that happened three decades ago!