Level 6 Within A Few Days Or So -- Yippie! -- Prepare For The Great Cleansing! - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cabela's great summer days sale kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 03-19-2015 09:02 PM
Ever had those days when nothing goes right? Prepare with Mayday Emergency kit JC Refuge Safecastle 0 01-18-2015 11:02 AM
great deal on standalone plates level IV Preacherboy Military Weapons Forum 12 05-22-2014 07:40 PM
Great news - 2012 only days away shampoo Controversial News and Alternative Politics 6 01-01-2013 09:56 AM
Good Old days or how Great Grandma went shopping. Old Grump Urban Survival 26 07-14-2012 08:04 PM
Wife Loves New Shotgun, Yippie! Hick Industries Firearms General Discussion 6 01-08-2012 05:32 PM
Great 2 days with my Dad frw501 General Discussion 9 11-12-2010 08:20 AM
Tax free days, great time to stock up and keep OPSEC mohhinder Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 08-23-2010 03:11 AM
A great shopping site to prepare preparedmama Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 07-03-2008 01:55 PM

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 8,762 Times in 2,664 Posts
Default Level 6 Within A Few Days Or So -- Yippie! -- Prepare For The Great Cleansing!

Advertise Here

Most of you are scientificaly challenged so this vid will splain' it to you.
Get the concept of "recombination" into your skulls full of mush.

Also listen carefully to his real estimates of the numbers in Mexico now.

http://www.wpxi.com/video/19313969/index.html

Level 6 is coming in a few days or so.

Yippie!

T
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I love this forum

Some of Rawles recomendations off off his boring site, which I do not recommend you spend more than 5% of your time on.

Your time is better wasted here! lol

Rawles recomendations....

I recommend that SurvivalBlog readers seriously think through the implications of successive waves of Mexican Flu sweeping around the globe for the next three years. From what we've already seen of its virulence after the normal "cold and flu season", then the next couple of winters could bring very high rates of infection and overwhelm the healthcare system. Please take the time to watch Dr. Henry Niman of Recombinomics discussing"Swine" flu. His projections are disturbing, to say the least! Think this through folks, on a macro scale: How would a pandemic impact your work? Commuting? Grocery shopping? Church activities? School? (If you are not yet homeschooling, then you should plan on it!) Your vacation plans? Summer camp? Family holiday get-togethers? Sports and cultural events? These implications are enormous. As SurvivalBlog readers, you are already accustomed to contemplating abstractions at this level and getting "ahead of the power curve." You also likely have the benefit of superior training and a deep larder. And, hopefully, many of you took my advice three years ago, and began to develop home-based businesses. (Mail order businesses will undoubtedly flourish, as people shun face-to-face sales.)

There are no guarantees, but you have a better chance of getting through this unscathed than most of your neighbors. Hopefully, all of you read the backgrounder on family flu preparedness, that I've had posted here are SurvivalBlog for more than three years. But if not... Now is time to make the requisite adjustments to your daily routine and to top off your logistics:

Now is the time to order several boxes of N95 masks and rolls of bandage tape (for sealing any mask edge gaps )
Now is the time to buy a steam vaporizer (new, or used -- Try Craig's List for used ones)
Now is the time to approach your family doctor, and ask for a scrip for Tamiflu.
Now is the time to lay in a supply of Sambucol (Elderberry extract.)
Now is the time to lay in supplies of hand sanitizer (with aloe) and latex gloves--or nitrile gloves for those with latex allergies
Now is the time to stock up on Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Guaifenesin expectorant
Now is the time to buy a couple of Bag Valve Masks
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Trapper

I found some really great israeli gas masks with new filters for $40 apiece today at the surplus shoppe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustaFarmgirl For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Prepared

ok. so we go to level 6.... what does that exactly mean??

I cant find that info anywhere. Specifically what would happen then???
Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 PM
trois pour cent

Thanked 5,646 Times in 2,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulheart View Post

Look at the "sticky" thread at the top of the page here:
https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,132 Times in 372 Posts

Thanks for the info, T, although I am not sure what to think about your 'YIPPEE, level 6' excitement.

He is convinced that the 1918 pandemic was swine flu, not bird flu and it was interesting to hear him explain why 25-45 yr old folks are more likely to die from the virus. Long video but informative.

If this virus does slow down in the US now that warm weather is arriving, a lot of folks will let their guard down thinking it was really 'not a big deal' and have a 'see, I told you that you were overreacting' attitude and this virus could, and most likely will, rear it's ugly head when cold weather returns.

Last edited by bretandteri; 04-30-2009 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: typos
The Following User Says Thank You to bretandteri For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 11:49 PM
PreparationInBubbaNation

Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,003 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKEZO View Post
Most of you are scientificaly challenged so this vid will splain' it to you.
Get the concept of "recombination" into your skulls full of mush.
Also listen carefully to his real estimates of the numbers in Mexico now.
http://www.wpxi.com/video/19313969/index.html

Level 6 is coming in a few days or so.
Yippie!

T
Me thinks thou doth protest to much
Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I love this forum

Do your reading before you come to my class from now on.
Watch the video.

He is convinced that the 1918 pandemic was swine flu, not bird flu and it was interesting to hear him explain why 25-45 yr old folks are more likely to die from the virus. Long video but informative.

This is because when you are young and healthy you immune system funtions at full force.
You immune system hits the virus with all guns--and the product is that your lungs will with fluid and you die. It's called a "cytokine storm" --a collapse caused by the human immune system's over-reaction to a pathogen.

So when you are young and healthy you're screwed.
If you're older, weaker you get this virus--and you muddle though it for a longer period chronically--then you get better.

He is convinced that the 1918 pandemic was swine flu, not bird flu

Well he's a bit wrong in this.
The 1918 Spanish Flu was different somewhat--they didn't have a sample of it until they exhumed a body a few years back.
But interesting enough this virus has this Spanish Flu as a part. Wierd huh?!

T
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,132 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:

Do your reading before you come to my class from now on.
Watch the video.

This is because when you are young and healthy you immune system funtions at full force.
You immune system hits the virus with all guns--and the product is that your lungs will with fluid and you die. It's called a "cytokine storm" --a collapse caused by the human immune system's over-reaction to a pathogen.

So when you are young and healthy you're screwed.
If you're older, weaker you get this virus--and you muddle though it for a longer period chronically--then you get better.

T
Never been so happy to be 46....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bretandteri For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Aspiring survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaFarmgirl View Post
I found some really great israeli gas masks with new filters for $40 apiece today at the surplus shoppe.
Would be interesting to walk into Wal Mart with a full gas mask on. ha ha. I think people would be pretty spooked.
The Following User Says Thank You to spock0149 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:42 AM
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!

Thanked 1,405 Times in 730 Posts

In Japan, it is a cultural norm to visit a doctor as soon as you show the first sign of sickness, and to wear a mask in public if you get any kind of cold or flu. In japan people don't bat an eye when they see another person with a mask on. It's just considered common courtesy so you don't spread whatever you might have.

Maybe we will start adopting the same practices...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d3athp3nguin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretandteri View Post
If this virus does slow down in the US now that warm weather is arriving, a lot of folks will let their guard down thinking it was really 'not a big deal' and have a 'see, I told you that you were overreacting' attitude and this virus could, and most likely will, rear it's ugly head when cold weather returns.
South/Central Texas only has warm weather! They have been hitting high 80's -90's for a while now. This flu is OUT OF SEASON!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jennworks36 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 12:53 AM
I love this forum

In Japan, it is a cultural norm to visit a doctor as soon as you show the first sign of sickness, and to wear a mask in public if you get any kind of cold or flu. In japan people don't bat an eye when they see another person with a mask on. It's just considered common courtesy so you don't spread whatever you might have.

I lived in Tokyo for 5 years.
This is very true what you say.
You can buy a mask at any train station kiosk, or 7-11.

They are especially popular during the spring when the Cedar trees bloom in the mountains.
You will literally see clouds of Cedar pollen coming down the mountains into the urban areas.
This stuff will literally choke you to death.
And for people who have allergies--you're doomed.

During the cold and flu season you do go right to a doctor.
And they have packs of medicine/herbs/etc. ready to give out in mass.
They have national health care, and your co-payments for this stuff is cheap.

FYI --my wife works for an international Japanese shipping company (CFO), and she told me this evening that the Japanese government is on the verge of shutting down all travel between the USA and Europe, or any other country that presents Swine Flu virus. They are already quarenteening (sp?) anyone who presents at the airport with symptoms of flu or fever.

T
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 AM
legendary ape

The only good thing to come of this (for me anyway) is if it happens i'll get to run around screaming ''now whos crazy?, I freaking warned you all!''. If not I was wrong yet again for the 3 billionth or so time in my life, as usual im screwd both ways......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WISasquatch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 01:48 AM
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!

Thanked 1,405 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:

FYI --my wife works for an international Japanese shipping company (CFO), and she told me this evening that the Japanese government is on the verge of shutting down all travel between the USA and Europe, or any other country that presents Swine Flu virus. They are already quarenteening (sp?) anyone who presents at the airport with symptoms of flu or fever.

T
I'm actually in Japan right now on vacation- Beautiful country!

I got here two days before they started quarantining visitors from America. For now they just ask you a bunch of questions and look at you with thermal goggles to check your body temperature. The measure is kind of futile though, because the flu can be spread a day or so before you even show symptoms. It wouldn't surprise me if I had to fight to get here on a return trip though.

It will be interesting to see if I get "quarantined" on the way out... I think I'll buy a few face masks next time I hit the Konbini...
Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretandteri View Post
Thanks for the info, T, although I am not sure what to think about your 'YIPPEE, level 6' excitement.
What YIPPEE level 6 excitement means to me:

This means that by tonight we'll be hearing Mexico has adjusted their figures, only 2 people have died of swine flu and those 2 had recently vacationed in Greece.

Greece has or will soon be slaughtering all their pigs and no Greek pigs have interacted with any other humans - the Mexican vacationers just had some weird ideas of what constituted a fun vacation.

Those 2 also have not spoken to or in any way interacted with a single person, including airport personnel upon return, since they have returned to Mexico, so "swine" (sorry, I still like "Trident" better, more apt description) flu has actually not spread anywhere.

Therefore, all this swine flu nonsense is nonsense. It is all in your head. No, it is NOT in your head, it is not in your body, it is not in anybody else's body either. It does not exist! And we mean that. Really. Robert Gibbs will be appearing soon to tell us all what everyone who previously spoke on "swine" flu really meant to say on the subject. Additional questions on the subject will be answered with, "Uh..... I dunno......I don't have that information."

Meanwhile, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain who is quietly raising us to Level 6. He does not exist. He is a figment of your imagination.

The Following User Says Thank You to Floridian For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,658 Times in 1,406 Posts

Ya all need to read this....

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=55177
Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 64,451 Times in 20,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaFarmgirl View Post
ANY milsurp (Including US) is no good for more than CS.

Just a FYI
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Inglourious Basterd

Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:

Maybe we will start adopting the same practices...
Don't count on it, Americans are too vain ,self-serving and ignorant to do anything like that.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
25 Or 6 to 4

Thanked 18,383 Times in 4,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
ANY milsurp (Including US) is no good for more than CS.

Just a FYI
I have heard of people taping paint mist, fiber filters 2-3 deep, over the canister openings , then soaking the fiber filters down with 50/50 bleach and using the chem filters on the masks to take the chlorine out of the air. Heard they did this along the ivory coast for some nasties there.

Is this just an old wives tale? sound like a bad thing for the lungs.