Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Called Congress: Build Wall or Disband PeterEnergy Political News and Discussion 16 01-15-2019 04:08 AM
A question if I am wrong for speaking my opinion. vizcara General Discussion 109 08-27-2018 05:41 PM
interesting videos called primitive technology realc4ever Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 14 12-05-2017 07:09 PM
British General election called deben bhey General Discussion 0 04-19-2017 06:10 PM

Old 04-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Get off my lawn!

Thanked 8,842 Times in 3,525 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz View Post
I do feel called to be a good husband, father, friend, son, brother, and worker. Again, I see being good to folks as an opportunity, not an obligation....plus....I kinda actually like people.
Love this, and my feelings exactly.

1 Corinthians 7

23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sprkymrk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 07:35 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 62,108 Times in 8,909 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

I have had a great relationship with God for many years, through ups and downs. After my first incident of nearly dying and surviving, one of my sisters told me that God brought me through because God had a plan for me.

Same thing essentially the second time I nearly died.

After the third time, during my recovery, I began to write again, this time concentrating on the Prep/PAW fiction I am now known for in the movement.

I began to get messages thanking me for my stories that people had used to help themselves get better prepared, but more often for the stories they used to help their spouses, children, relatives, and friends start preparing after reading the stories.

After one rather impassioned message about how my stories had literally saved a family member's life, it hit me, like the proverbial ton of bricks, that this was the mission God had kept me around to take on. To help people that needed some kind of nudge to start preparing for the trials and tribulations that are coming to this world. God helps those that help themselves. And God wants me to help people help themselves. It was a humbling feeling, to tell you the truth.

I was doing it for free for a long time. But then, as my health and finances worsened, God gave me the opportunity to get at least a bit of income from my writing, not to profit from helping people, but to allow me to keep going, from the income from people that were reading for entertainment.

As things continued to get worse for me physically, mentally, and financially, God once again was there with the next phase of the plan. That was when my current print publisher contacted me and asked if he could be my print publisher and handle the electronic publishing I was already doing.

I said yes and the additional sales I made with that help have allowed me to get through the roughest times since I recovered from the last time almost dying. And again, when I wondered if I was trying to profit from helping people, when I am not a professional doing things that can only be done by people making a living doing it, God made sure that I understood that was not the case. I, just like everyone else, must have the means to live, and my disability income simply is not enough to allow me to live and pay my medical expenses on top of basic living expenses.

The additional income has allowed me to recover somewhat from the last couple of episodes of dealing with my health, and keep going. I have been able to write a couple more books after a very long dry period. Part of the plan, I think to encourage me and support me, God somehow triggered me to write A Penny For Your Thoughts, which people have told me was an eye-opener for them for what is going on right now and getting worse, faster and faster.

These continued happenings have kept me confident that God did bring me back to fulfill this mission, so I am going to keep going until God decides I can finally get some rest.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 89,296 Times in 23,633 Posts

(Above Poster) for those who don't know who Jerry D. Young is : https://www.goodreads.com/author/lis....Jerry_D_Young

If link isn't working, just google his name Jerry D. Young. We are very blessed to have him here.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Hiker

It is so refreshing to come in here and see all the positive encouraging words that all of you post. There is so much cruelty in some of the other boards here at SB and it is so sad. I can see and hear God's voice in your posts. Thank you all for lifting my spirits!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hunnibeez For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 03:19 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 26,888 Times in 9,318 Posts

A friend called the other day. He said when I visit this weekend that we should go to this new church. A lifelong Catholic, he went 2 times to this Protestant church and felt profoundly moved by sermons so full of life, he admitted feeling the Pastor made him feel he was alive when Christ walked the Earth.

I replied Christ is on the march.

That 2 decades ago neither one of us were into it. Now we are captivated, called (and hopefully chosen).
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 03:43 AM
Secure

The doctrine of vocation (calling) isn't taught much anymore, but it is a great topic for study. There are many vocations ... to salvation, to discipleship, to the general works of employment, service, spouse, parent, neighbor, to the specific works of pastor, teacher, evangelist, etc. Only one Caller. All calls work together to His will, and cannot conflict with one another in a person ... although we often try to make that so. Great topic - great doctrine.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:24 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,202 Times in 477 Posts

The way that I deal with this passage is this. Most people are called to believe in what Jesus did on the cross, admit being a sinner, and receive Gods comforter as a helpmate. To me, this is what happens at the moment of salvation.
Then, we should all be spreading the good WORD that God is REAL and He wants to give eternal life to everyone who is willing to receive it. These are the called.
Then you have some folks that seem to have a greater calling, maybe to the pulpit, or a stronger desire to devote themselves 100% to the Lords work. We have many examples, like the Disciples, John the Baptist, Elijah, Jeremiah, Abraham, etc. God knows the future and He knows the individual better than they know themselves. To me, these are the ones that are CHOSEN, not because they are better folks than us, but their future will provide the most bang for the buck, so to speak. And their accountability also goes up accordingly. "To him whom much is given, MUCH is required."
Knowing whether you are being chosen would require a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. And not noticing it has caused issues to develop where it became self evident. Take Jonah, when he didnt want to go relay the message to folks at Nineveh. He got swallered by a big fish and spit out at his destination.
I believe whether you are called, or chosen, you will know.
The main thing I have learned about God is that He will open the door, but we must be willing to go thru it. God will not make anyone do anything! But he will sure make us wish we had. And the bad part is that folks that need to hear what God has to say may not get told.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgy54 View Post
I believe whether you are called, or chosen, you will know.
The main thing I have learned about God is that He will open the door, but we must be willing to go thru it. God will not make anyone do anything! But he will sure make us wish we had.
Very well said!
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 PM

A great video.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:00 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 7,066 Times in 2,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
My fear is not for myself, but for my children who have been infected with their mother's "values" and do not yet know The Lord.
Please share the Gospel with them ASAP (even if it's indirectly through someone else). If they die without, you will never forgive yourself. More importantly, eternity is a very long time... it's forever...

If you think they're too young, well, I came to saving faith when I was 3 years old
And the Holy Ghost can do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post: