Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AR-15: Where do I begin? DC Josh Military Weapons Forum 69 04-12-2018 02:13 PM
Oh where oh where do I begin Isabel New Member Introduction 37 01-30-2017 02:05 PM
Where do i begin? Benjagan91 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 21 01-20-2017 12:10 AM
Where to begin ZachLeon Urban Survival 12 10-17-2016 02:39 PM
Soon-to-be-civilian ready to be ready (in SW Michigan) Grisocles New Member Introduction 25 03-16-2014 11:16 PM
It will begin like this: Medieval Man Manmade and Natural Disasters 14 03-10-2013 10:40 AM
Where to begin!?!?! knomad56 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 02-14-2013 09:57 PM
Were to begin finding0 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 08-25-2011 03:11 PM
Are You Ready? Free Preparedness Guide from Ready.gov Pragmatist Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 05-19-2011 01:06 PM
Where To Begin? Rising Ladies Section 18 04-07-2011 08:02 AM

Old 04-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,357 Posts

Advertise Here

Hummm, 120 trained infantry with a lot of hardware now being backed by the Russians, IRAN and, VZ too.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019, 04:58 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 59,924 Times in 18,480 Posts

China seems to be misbehaving in the far East. They have flown military jets over Taiwan, Japan and The Philippines as well as possibly taking over a PI Island with an air strip.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...China-Sea.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 12:25 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 26,280 Times in 7,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musibike View Post
120 people is not massive. Not a significant force at all actually. Again, an increased guard detail for their embassy and maybe some Chinese owned assets in country. Maybe a few advisors tossed in, but that's it.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:07 AM
I am not the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
120 people is not massive. Not a significant force at all actually. Again, an increased guard detail for their embassy and maybe some Chinese owned assets in country. Maybe a few advisors tossed in, but that's it.

A lot more Chinese will be in the Americas moving forward as more of Latin America joins the Belt and Road program even Mexico is likely to sign up.

Generally this means the Chinese will have feet on the ground in Mexico wherever the joint programs are.

With the US ****ing on their allies, and saying how bad allies they are and cutting aid and assistance programs much more likely they will open their gates to Chinese investment and wave the middle finger at the US.

Its hilarious as the US is more or less castigating its largest trade partners, china is wooing them. This at a time the US is trying to be in a trade war with China. Just as the US is getting really good deals with its allies, those allies are going to be getting very good deals with China and that will put Chinese goods and Made in China 2025 right on track to remove US as their only trading partner.

Quote:
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has said he is considering joining Belt and Road. That would give it a foothold in a country bordering the U.S.

With these program comes construction by the Chinese --- as is happening in Panama - however, these construction workers will have PLA, and other agents mixed in.

China doesn't give money it moves its workers over and builds it. If the country defaults on repayment it takes over that infrastructure.

If it doesn't default it serves as part of the belt and road program that extends Chinese investment and infrastructure and trade in that country. With that deep water ports and military and logistics and communications etc.. etc.. facilities.

In some participants the Chinese have their own police do policing. Other places they've installed technology that turns cities into smart cities but also tracks and monitors the people.

China is being very progressive where as the US is pulling out of everywhere ending all aid and development funding. The US continues to basically just hand the world over to China. This on the basis of "saving money and investing in the US"
The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamAshley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Look at satellite images for cloud coverage. It is all over the globe. White clouds mixed with dark clouds. Zoom in and you can see the straight lines and the rhythmic patterns. They are spraying the entire globe
The Following User Says Thank You to Lslyyy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 09:30 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 12,964 Times in 5,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lslyyy View Post
Look at satellite images for cloud coverage. It is all over the globe. White clouds mixed with dark clouds. Zoom in and you can see the straight lines and the rhythmic patterns. They are spraying the entire globe
WHAT?!?!?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lslyyy View Post
This is true. It has been known for a long time. I wasn't even looking for this info when I found it quite some time ago, so I'm sure it's easy to find. I can't recall where I read this but it was mentioned that people in other countries were complaining about it.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,967 Times in 685 Posts

Kiev’s violation of rules of navigation near Kerch may trigger war — Federation Council

http://tass.com/politics/1053019
The Following User Says Thank You to sygata For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 11:51 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 1,185 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
IRAN is firing shots into ISRAELI territory from SYRIA. ISRAEL's response will more than likely be upon where the missles originated from with Hezzbolla, IRAN and, maybe some of ASSAD's crew getting wacked. There will be a few women and kids they use as shields die as well.

If they resume firing back at ISRAEL, the next response will be incredibly strong. When a few IRANIAN military folks get it, it will escalate into a vast war which will run away and out of control.

If the shooting from SYRIA does not stop right away, this will most likely start it.

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-threate...175808316.html

People like you, living in the early 70's, were positive than WWIII was just around the corner with the U.S.S.R. I must have read all the survival and nuclear war books available. I gave up a good job to move to a safe place and hunker down. I stored lots of stuff but especially handloading equipment and made my own bullets from wheel weights. Over the years, I helped people with more money, build their fallout shelters. I stored KI and KIOs and $100 gas masks for the plagues and Faraday cages to protect radio equipment from EMP.

You must be one of those young whipper snappers, thinking that you are the first enlightened generation. I was like that but then I got old. I remember a few years ago, talking to a much older neighbor than me saying, "I hope the SHTF happens in my lifetime." He had prepared for years and wanted to enjoy it, but he died 5 years ago.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,824 Times in 2,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
People like you, living in the early 70's, were positive than WWIII was just around the corner with the U.S.S.R. I must have read all the survival and nuclear war books available. I gave up a good job to move to a safe place and hunker down. I stored lots of stuff but especially handloading equipment and made my own bullets from wheel weights. Over the years, I helped people with more money, build their fallout shelters. I stored KI and KIOs and $100 gas masks for the plagues and Faraday cages to protect radio equipment from EMP.

You must be one of those young whipper snappers, thinking that you are the first enlightened generation. I was like that but then I got old. I remember a few years ago, talking to a much older neighbor than me saying, "I hope the SHTF happens in my lifetime." He had prepared for years and wanted to enjoy it, but he died 5 years ago.
The SHTF someplace every day. I don't want to ever see it here.

I agree that we are pretty well insulated from a lot of the chaos in the world, and all the saber rattling is relatively low on the Give A **** Meter. However as the mutual of America commercials remind me "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Therefore, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst in a effort to optimize my chances of coming out the other side alive with my family. I suspect you come to this website as a like minded person, no?
The Following User Says Thank You to Im RIght For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,222 Posts
Default *Official* WWIII approaches!

Probably not the first person to think of it but maybe SHTF hasn’t happened because we are better prepared?
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 06:11 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,574 Times in 1,222 Posts

Also in response to “China is being very progressive where as the US is pulling out of everywhere ending all aid and development funding. The US continues to basically just hand the world over to China. This on the basis of "saving money and investing in the US"

Maybe this is a strategic move by the US? Infrastructure made out of Chinesium doesn’t have a good track record of durability, China gets to spread itself thinner all the while ****ing off indigenous populations. China doesn’t invent but steals, when the West puts up a decent cyber defense China will be wheezing and panicking. All China has going for it are millions of cannon fodder, some tech that only looks cool and the desire, that is becoming more and more obvious, to screw over the rest of the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im RIght View Post
The SHTF someplace every day. I don't want to ever see it here.

I agree that we are pretty well insulated from a lot of the chaos in the world, and all the saber rattling is relatively low on the Give A **** Meter. However as the mutual of America commercials remind me "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Therefore, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst in a effort to optimize my chances of coming out the other side alive with my family. I suspect you come to this website as a like minded person, no?

I probably prepared too much. As I read more, especially history, I find that "We have met the enemy and he is us." If we fall as a country it will be because empires always fail eventually. The democrats didn't start this empire, nor did the republicans. Actually the republicans became a party in 1861. Just read that today. People seem to think their neighbors are the problem but the leaders of empires always seem to be the problem, along with citizen apathy.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The stock market is taking its DUMP as we approach World WAR. IRAN really didn't think ISRAEL was going to take out some of their crew. Now, per the KORAN ISLAMIST will get some, " I WILL SHOW MY STRENGTH " footing going.

This is all gearing up a little sooner than I really expected.

The rich and the corporate media are keeping you away from the real problem. They always seem to come out ahead.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 35,961 Times in 10,869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
I probably prepared too much. As I read more, especially history, I find that "We have met the enemy and he is us." If we fall as a country it will be because empires always fail eventually. The democrats didn't start this empire, nor did the republicans. Actually the republicans became a party in 1861. Just read that today. People seem to think their neighbors are the problem but the leaders of empires always seem to be the problem, along with citizen apathy.

This country was started by producers. People who used their brains and their backs to make things of value, produce things people needed, and they profited from it. Maybe it’s human nature, a flaw if you will, that some humans produce and some simply leech off the efforts of others. The leeches May profit too but it is not because they earned it.
Today we see most of society has become leeches in one form or another. If that isn’t bad enough, the leeches despise the producers and expend exorbitant effort to paint them as evil. When the leeches have done all they can to ostracize the producers, stollen all they could from them, and driven them to stop producing... the world is done. The process was slow to get started but seems to grow exponentially. This happens at all levels from two average citizens to heads of 1st world nations.
You like to read... if suggest if you haven’t yet, “Atlas Shrugged” is worth the effort. Even if you don’t agree, it is easy to see many accurate comparisons to our world today.
The Following User Says Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,357 Posts

I just give thanks that it never did happen yet. Always lived in the center of Houston. Muslims now Russia are just crazy enough to pop one center city here.

Harvey flooded us real bad a couple years back. before that, we got flooded twice more within the last 20 years. Houses four blocks South of us got 4 feet deep water up in the structures.

We are buying a newer house out 8 miles from here more North and West away from the inner city. Maybe out far enough for the fallout to NOT land on us when it does come to pass.

Away from the bayou and 610 loop. Out close to the I-6 firing range.

Life can be so good!

:-) :-) :-) :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Musibike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,824 Times in 2,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Probably not the first person to think of it but maybe SHTF hasn’t happened because we are better prepared?
On a long enough timeline, anything with a statistical chance of happening, will happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Im RIght For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 05:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,032 Posts

Remember in 10-12 years that you heard it first from me that WW3 was at least started between China and India with battlefield along thier mutual border, the Antarctic, South America and Africa. Why? They are the new kids and growing militarily, niether is afraid of population casualties, and both covet Africa's abundant resources for growth. Why there? Because those sea lanes will avoid the Indonesian bottleneck and the long run across the Indian Ocean dodging an increasingly hostile Indian Navy. Plus, the weather has a huge negative factor on flat top operations. How do I know? I follow the evidence without pre-determination. The Chinese are in *****ia, Kenya and increasingly, SA, all of which are strategically with ports and interior access. They have also politically and economically probed Uraguay, Paraguay, Chile and Brazil in recent years. They also set up a strategic cork in the SOUTH China Sea and have made several very serious overatures to the Phillipines to at least block others from our former bases at Subic and Clark. It's a New Belt and Band route and strategically brilliant. We are unlikely to make more than token protests. The South Americans can desperately use the business and technical expertise, as can the SA govt, which should be full on Zimbabwe'd by then. In addition, the Chinese will have a very direct polar sea Lane via the Russian Arctic and thanks to climate change. All of this adds up to bottling up the Indians potentially. The greater Pacific is our pond, even as weakened as we will be becoming by then. Flat tops are increaingly vulnerable to hypersonic missles and attack subs, making them the equivalent of battleships in WW1. They are about to operationally become much smaller in size, like the old WW2 Jeep carriers, and act as platforms for strategic fully operational and offensive drones. The flyboys are about to be second stringed for a while, at least til technology increases to the point where they become relevant again. Space operations will debute as an important battleground platform, increasing through this century and the next as THE strategic platform for future conflicts.

That's where the evidence seems to lead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 35,961 Times in 10,869 Posts
Default *Official* WWIII approaches!

So I wonder what, if any, this will do. After the US declared Irans Rep-Guard as terrorists the Iranians have responded. They now declare all US troops in the MEas terrorists.
hmmm...
I don’t normally give Iran much credence as they are constantly thumping their chests and talking BS.
I have to wonder what happens should they decide to do something about their “terrorist” problem. If they grow a set and attack a US FOB or COP... they better hope they can use untraceable TCNs to carry it out. Otherwise I’ll be adding a new ME nation to my list of places visited...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1RK1W2
Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,654 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlovesjeeps71 View Post
So I wonder what, if any, this will do. After the US declared Irans Rep-Guard as terrorists the Iranians have responded. They now declare all US troops in the MEas terrorists.
hmmm...
I don’t normally give Iran much credence as they are constantly thumping their chests and talking BS.
I have to wonder what happens should they decide to do something about their “terrorist” problem. If they grow a set and attack a US FOB or COP... they better hope they can use untraceable TCNs to carry it out. Otherwise I’ll be adding a new ME nation to my list of places visited...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1RK1W2
Let me say this...Iran`s Republican Guards are impressive marching around with their Gloves,Spats and Sashes thinking they`re are Bad BUT they will end up in the dirt just like Saddam`s boys did!. One flight of Wharthogs and they are ALL Gone!. They Need to Remember this!!.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad Tepes For This Useful Post: