Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Official* WWIII approaches! Musibike Manmade and Natural Disasters 3847 Yesterday 11:24 PM
World Trade Center - 15 years - Who did it? Levant Controversial News and Alternative Politics 8493 11-25-2019 12:50 AM
A couple of pretty good AR animation videos AK103K Rifle Forum 3 01-27-2017 12:25 PM
Pretty interesting Vid Series on Youtube saln Religious Discussion 1 12-29-2016 02:45 PM
Pretty neat info site saln Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 11-25-2016 01:46 PM

Old 02-09-2017, 08:20 PM
New and yet, old

Thanked 10,721 Times in 2,203 Posts
Default Pretty much getting sick of all that is going on

Advertise Here

The leftist, progressive 9th Circuit Court of Appeals just ruled against American safety and refused to pay any attention to the US Constitution. Once again, US Judges have decided they can rule by decree and ignore their sworn duty and instead rule in favor of the mobs.

The constant shrieking of the libs has really started grinding me down. I am absolutely sick of this.

I am beginning to think that enough is fast approaching way too much and it's time to react.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Officer Friendly

Thanked 2,411 Times in 703 Posts

Just keep prepping and stay alert. This nonsense will die out fast once we have a DOJ that enforces the law and isn't beholden to leftist politics.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Twilight For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,764 Times in 19,833 Posts

Actually, this is just on the stay and not on the Constitutionality of the Executive order. The only thing they ruled is that EOs are subject to judicial review. I know this seems like an inconvenient time, but it's not a bad decision. That's why it was 3-0.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Viva la revolution!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,486 Posts

They are just trying to pull our chain so that we will stoop to their level. Stay the course.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guntoteninfadel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,556 Times in 7,119 Posts

Just don't be the first one to jump. That's what they want. They're like the bully that keeps doing little things until his victim explodes, and then they stand there crying with a bloody nose saying "I didn't do anything, it's all his fault!"
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
I am beginning to think that enough is fast approaching way too much and it's time to react.
The way that the Left is moving and acting, and with summer approaching, I expect to see more violence in more than just the Liberal "Safe Havens" we are seeing now.

Should be an interesting summer.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,323 Times in 982 Posts

The way Trump did this, (which was poorly and foolishly), allowed for this ruling.

They're going to have to go back and sort something out that could potentially pass legal muster. It's correct and right that the judiciary balances the other branches. Though I think they're wrong and foolish here. And as far as the liberals are concerned, they'll be all gleeful about this. But they won't and don't understand something else. They think in a couple years - which just isn't that long - they're going to flip back the Senate or something.

They're not. Not the way they're carrying on. All of this, and rulings like this, will activate Trump's base as much as the election. And some of those seats will flip. To the right. Then some more laws can be passed. Let's see the judicial branch alone try to override the President and Congress. Especially once one of Trump's appointees makes it to the Supreme Court.

Be patient. It's a long game. The only real wildcard is Trump. He is a bit out of control and whacky has hell. If he doesn't start getting more stuff more correct, he might implode before good stuff starts to happen. We'll see.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScottPreps For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Come and Take Them!

Thanked 7,366 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Actually, this is just on the stay and not on the Constitutionality of the Executive order. The only thing they ruled is that EOs are subject to judicial review. I know this seems like an inconvenient time, but it's not a bad decision. That's why it was 3-0.
This is a dangerous precedent. The President is per the Constitution supposed to have ultimate power over immigration and who is or is not permitted into the country. Suppose he has intel that a plot is underway from one or more of these countries?? Instead of taking steps to protect the American people, he is mired in the petty leftist courts.. This is an unconstitutional overstep by the Judicial branch.

Trouble is the Supreme Court has 4 leftists and 4 moderates, there is no guarantee they will side with the Constitution either..

What we are seeing is how entrenched the leftists are. It is scary that we might not be able to take back the country. I would vote to halt nearly ALL immigration until we see what is beneficial to us as a country.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,764 Times in 19,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv7722 View Post
This is a dangerous precedent. The President is per the Constitution supposed to have ultimate power over immigration and who is or is not permitted into the country. .
That's not true. According to the Constitution, it's Congress that has that power. Congress extended certain aspects of that power to the President, but it's Ultimately Congress' power.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,912 Times in 5,323 Posts

So far I approve what is going on.

Trump set up a ban as he said that he would, and now the courts will check if it is in according to the constitution, which I expected.

Next it will go to the Supreme Court, who will not only give a ruling they will quote the law that applies.

Annoying? Of COURSE it is annoying. However it is how America has always dealt with the law. Personally, I check the news for just a few minutes a day, every day. THEN I TURN THE TV OFF!

It WILL go to the Supreme Court. And it WILL take time. There is no point in getting upset at every turn, as this *WILL* take time. It always has.

This is the process the constitution calls for.

If the Supreme Court does not allow the executive order, then Trump will simply have it re-written and then it will go through the courts again.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 12:55 AM

It has never been easy for either party. Just because reps have both houses and the president doesn't mean everything will be easy. Many more disappointing moments are coming. It's all part of the great american politics. I have been here over 40 years and all i see is people fighting over the same thing over and over. Never depended in the goverment and never will. All these with other countries are part of the wake up calls for everyone. I just keep watching and listening.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Be kind to one another

Thanked 5,046 Times in 1,853 Posts

I would really like for everyone to either take a hit off a collective bong or take a Valium and calm the **** down. Everyone I see is so tense, reactive, and anxious it seems they are about to blow their top. I have all but stopped watching the news because EVERYTHING is breaking news and cause for everyone to run around like bunch of lunatics. For the love of all that is holy, enough with the hysteria. (That is not directed at anyone on this board specifically, but generally speaking.)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bronzino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 02:30 AM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 10,557 Times in 2,318 Posts

The EO was silly to begin with. 90 day pause on immigration from 7 nations. It had no effect on the world or on American security. Trump promised to ban immigrants and now he gets to say he did. So, don't be too concerned about the EO.

But the courts are a real concern. With one constitutionalist, two activist liberals, three moderates, and two wild cards in the Supreme Court, I'm always afraid what parts of the constitution or US law might be damaged whenever they rule now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maintenanceguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Trapper

Thanked 4,556 Times in 845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy View Post
The EO was silly to begin with. 90 day pause on immigration from 7 nations. It had no effect on the world or on American security.
How do you know that exactly? Are you receiving the same intelligence briefings that the President gets?

See that's the problem with this court ruling. The President is elected to be the people's representative and the decision-maker. He's the one who examines the situation, is made aware of all the intel, and decides on the best course of action so that the rest of us don't have to.

Whether the liberal judges like it or not, that office is currently held by one Donald J. Trump.

No one except the President and his team are aware of all the facts when it comes to national security. As a previous poster said, what if the President is aware of some plot involving those countries? No one, not even a federal judge, has the right to substitute his own decisions for those of the President when it comes to this specific issue.

The bottom line is that the current laws of our country SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY grant the President (whoever that may be at the time) the ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY to implement ANY restrictions on immigration he feels are necessary, on ANY group of people from ANYWHERE in the world, without needing anyone's approval or oversight on the matter. Period. End of discussion.

Don't like it? Get Congress to change that law. But seeing as how it has been on the books since 1952, with virtually every President since then using it and never being challenged on it, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adam Robinson XV For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 18,495 Times in 7,097 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv7722 View Post
This is a dangerous precedent. The President is per the Constitution supposed to have ultimate power over immigration and who is or is not permitted into the country. Suppose he has intel that a plot is underway from one or more of these countries?? Instead of taking steps to protect the American people, he is mired in the petty leftist courts.. This is an unconstitutional overstep by the Judicial branch.

Trouble is the Supreme Court has 4 leftists and 4 moderates, there is no guarantee they will side with the Constitution either..

What we are seeing is how entrenched the leftists are. It is scary that we might not be able to take back the country. I would vote to halt nearly ALL immigration until we see what is beneficial to us as a country.
Ultimate power, with the Courts unable to intervene? So if Obama had opened the border, refused to deport anyone, invited the entire population of Syria to move here - and only a fool would response "He DID!" when no such things happened - you would have been fine with that?

How liberal of you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,676 Times in 1,171 Posts

Isn't this the same panel of judges that has over-turned decisions that weee voted on overwhelmingly by the people of California on public ballots?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to purplehullpeas For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Prepared

Mark Levin nailed it last night when he said this was a judicial coup.

I can't remember her name but some Dem senator or congresswoman said that her goal was to lead Trump into impeachment. "Lead" being the key word. All of these lawsuits that are going to be pouring in are no doubt traps set to impeach Trump.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicsmurf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 09:28 AM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 5,904 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
.....This nonsense will die out fast once we have a DOJ that enforces the law and isn't beholden to leftist politics.....

I passionately disagree and I think this is a dangerous mentality. This will not die out fast. The LibTards and the Radical Leftists will only amp-up their efforts, especially when they view this Court effort as a WIN. And yes, they do view this as a win.

If we think this is going away, we are sorely wrong. This is what Trump will face for the next 3 years, 11 months and 1 week. They will fight him ever step of the way, suing and taking him and the Govt to court on every turn. Their strategy is to plug the funnel, distract and derail....and keep Trump off the real work he was elected to do.

Also, I think the Supreme Court is actually more important than the DOJ. The Senate needs to get moving on Gorsuch ASAP. The 9th Court will be rendered powerless when that happens, as will every other District Court in the nation, as long as Trump stays with the constitution.

As for this particular, travel ban, executive order.....I think he should just rewrite it and reissue it. Play the game until Gorsuch is in place.

And why a dangerous mentality????....because if we have a "Sit back and Chill Out" mentality....the "Hanky the Christmas Pooh" Democrats are organizing and growing their base and increasing in voters and putting a second Trump term at serious risk, regardless of how successful he is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehullpeas View Post
Isn't this the same panel of judges that has over-turned decisions that weee voted on overwhelmingly by the people of California on public ballots?
The 9th is THE most overturned court by the SCOTUS. Imagine, more than any other court in the country. I don't know about anyone else but, that speaks volumes to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YankeeSpirit76 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 09:39 AM
¡Salga de aquí!

Thanked 8,893 Times in 2,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
So why hang up the SCOTUS process waiting for Gorsuch? Should be a slam dunk 8-0 or 9-0 if ruled only on constitutionality.