Survivalist Forum banner

8/25/18 - Ebola outbreak now at 105 cases, and bordering countries are on alert

80K views 607 replies 73 participants last post by  Surveyor 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Things like this make me think of "that last trip to town"

You could do things that might save your life like getting perishables: meds, cooking oil, fresh foods etc.
Empty out your bank account and spend it on things that could help you.

...or you could bring home death.

I guess a middle ground would be to build a shed with a combo lock on it and order things from Amazon, wall mart etc and have the UPS driver lock it for you.

If someone steals it before your isolation period is over that sux... but it could be out the weather till you think it's safe to get.

#10 ·
#14 ·
I think it's wishful thinking. I hope I'm wrong...

The claims made that it is "A 100% perfect vaccine" raised some suspicion in this skeptic.

After doing some research, there was an interesting designed bias in the vaccine studies to highlight effectiveness of the vaccine.

Details of the protocol are difficult to find, as they do not discuss this in the study reports. I read it a while back, and cannot find it today.

2 groups/villages were vaccinated, the intimidate and delayed. Candidates for the delayed were registered and 3 weeks later were vaccinated. The other group was vaccinated on that day but in 21 days later.

After 3 weeks the control group (unvaccinated) had multiple positive ebola cases, where as the vaccinated group (experimental) had none.

What many of the study outcomes fail to mention, is for the 3 weeks following vaccination, the medical staff remained in the village continuing to reinforce hygiene, and best practices to avoid infection... those not vaccinated did not have continued medical access and 21 days of education.

#15 ·
I watched a documentary years ago about an Ebola outbreak in the Congo. One of the Sister Nurses contracted the disease while treating patients. The western doctors argued with the African doctors about how to treat the dying nurse. Of course pharmaceutical western doctors wanted to use every pill know to man which hadn't saved anyone . The Africans just said to give her a transfusion from one of the Ebola survivors. In the end they gave her a transfusion and saved her life. I surprised they don't use that technique more often.

#17 ·
Hippocratic oath?

There are multiple risks to transfusion, increased logarithmically with fresh whole blood. Blood group compatibility set aside.

The better choice would be the liquid component (plasma), which requires centrifugation (or long term refrigerated settling of cellular components).

Perhaps they normally lack simple basic medical equipment in the field? Sure they may have portable equipment for blood work, portable fridges for meds (and vaccines) in the field, but perhaps lack the larger equipment.

Anyways, in short, that’s a human unprocessed vaccine. Giving someone immunity/partial immunity from someone else’s “blood”. Highly unethical in the “norm”.

#26 ·
Meh........ quarantine the whole country.
That part of Africa has been the bunghole of misery for millennia.

Joseph Conrad didn't use the title- The Heart of Darkness for nothing.

Recent history the Congo Wars, Rwanda genocide, coup's and counter coup's .

What's not to like? Get out the bio hazard suits, body bags and flame throwers. We are gonna be culturally enriched.

My thoughts are treat by containing it period. It seems all this treatment is doing is risking it's spread. It's a virus it doesn't give a rat's rip about the high and mighty intention of any do gooder medical personnel, period. It's an equal opportunity killer.

#37 ·
#42 ·
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/eastern-congo-ebola-case-city-14-million-57618241

Eastern Congo has new Ebola case in city of 1.4 million

Four of the 13 new cases from the city of Beni were not previously identified as contacts, meaning officials don't know how they were exposed to Ebola. WHO also reports "sporadic instances" of high-risk behaviors like unsafe burials, which could worsen the outbreak.
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...a-outbreak-expands-large-city-beni-cases-rise
According to the health ministry, Ndindi district in Beni has become the main focus of the outbreak and is where 70% of the last 20 confirmed cases were reported. It said the cases are occurring amid resistance among the community to working with health authorities. For example, some families are hiding sick people, preventing health providers from taking patients to Ebola treatment centers, and refusing to be vaccinated.

#47 ·
What we want or wish for doesn't make it happen...

But things like this give me concern for what I agree with you that the world probably needs.

Yes I prep for these reasons, but that only improves odds.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...alized-in-apparent-flu-outbreak-idUSKCN1LL1XM

The Emirates airliner, with at least 521 passengers, landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport at mid-morning and was surrounded by dozens of emergency vehicles as anxious passengers waited to be evaluated by health officials.

#48 ·
Again though, Ebola is a non threat here in the US.

Sure, folks may get it, and folks may (sadly) die. However it is not a pandemic threat here.

Simply social norms, hygiene & climate.

Now, perhaps down south it may linger a bit causing MSM havoc. However there are still the social norms and hygiene, which would cause it to simply “burn out”.

#49 ·
Speaking of social norms, I might point out that a large number of those bat eating, monkey raping bastards were imported to the US by Obama. And I have heard nothing to indicate the disease spreads slower in our climate conditions.

And the level of incompetence observed during the big outbreak does not support your hubris. Using a migrant worker with no PPE to pressure wash Ebola vomitus from a Dallas Apartment sidewalk. Using PPE that is little more than a Kleenex hanging in front of healthcare worker's faces.
No procedure for cleaning an ambulance after transporting an ebola patient.

And the ability to perform effective contact tracing was nearly overwhelmed with only a couple cases.

The US airport system alone can spread such a disease more effectively here than in rural Africa.

We might have an effective vaccine now, so perhaps that will save us. But none of the other stuff you mentioned will.

#56 ·
*coff coff* ..We interrupt this lively boxing-match to present an 'alternative perspective', from a Very astute young Lady who delivers almost 'sirenly subtle' Logic bombs, that Truly do give pause for Thought... Which is a Good thing, imo, in 'hair-trigger' emotional-topics, such as this..

..Hmmm..

ie: '..Man caught dumping formaldehyde into local water supply..' Huh.. Not like some rouge CIA splinter would ever do something like That for a Corporate / Pharma Overlord.. :rolleyes: ..So, yeah.. Hmmm...

..NOT suggesting I believe Ebola is 'All just some hoax', but.. Certainly, at the Very least, MSM Coverage of it - which is 99% what Most of us Base our reactions to the "news" of it-all, On (..it's not like we're, personally, In the DRC / On those planes, to 'counter' anything we're told, etc..) Should be subjected to Great, great scrutiny, before we do any 'freaking out'.. ..'Trust but Verify'...

...Also, Not 'declaring it Fact' by posting this perspective, but.. Certainly, good 'Food for thought', (..as-are incidents like WTF - really - happened to 'Timothy Cunningham', there.. Suicide?? Mmmyyeah, not buyin it... Just One example of something - Not - a Theory, but... very well May be part of a bigger Conspiracy.. Such-like 'dominos' worry me more, frankly, than these 'outbreaks'..) ...cuz one thing is for Sure - 'Big Pharma' IS an Evil Hydra, and that ol' Money trail, don't lie...

PS - Her 'sources', Fwiw, are in her Top (pinned) comment.. Just so it's not all just based on 'iThinks'.. Astute gal.. :cool:

jd

#57 ·
*coff coff* ..We interrupt this lively boxing-match to present an 'alternative perspective', from a Very astute young Lady who delivers almost 'sirenly subtle' Logic bombs, that Truly do give pause for Thought... Which is a Good thing, imo, in 'hair-trigger' emotional-topics, such as this..

What the Media Won't Tell You About Ebola | reallygraceful - YouTube ..Hmmm..

ie: '..Man caught dumping formaldehyde into local water supply..' Huh.. Not like some rouge CIA splinter would ever do something like That for a Corporate / Pharma Overlord.. :rolleyes: ..So, yeah.. Hmmm...

..NOT suggesting I believe Ebola is 'All just some hoax', but.. Certainly, at the Very least, MSM Coverage of it - which is 99% what Most of us Base our reactions to the "news" of it-all, On (..it's not like we're, personally, In the DRC / On those planes, to 'counter' anything we're told, etc..) Should be subjected to Great, great scrutiny, before we do any 'freaking out'.. ..'Trust but Verify'...

...Also, Not 'declaring it Fact' by posting this perspective, but.. Certainly, good 'Food for thought', (..as-are incidents like WTF - really - happened to 'Timothy Cunningham', there.. Suicide?? Mmmyyeah, not buyin it... Just One example of something - Not - a Theory, but... very well May be part of a bigger Conspiracy.. Such-like 'dominos' worry me more, frankly, than these 'outbreaks'..) ...cuz one thing is for Sure - 'Big Pharma' IS an Evil Hydra, and that ol' Money trail, don't lie...

PS - Her 'sources', Fwiw, are in her Top (pinned) comment.. Just so it's not all just based on 'iThinks'.. Astute gal.. :cool:

jd
This is the culture of normalcy bias and conspiracy-paranoia based denial that will allow ebola to be successful in Western countries despite technological superiority.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.