To all you preppers how do you feel about Trump's handling of America and Reddit? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-16-2020, 10:34 AM

Default To all you preppers how do you feel about Trump's handling of America and Reddit?

Advertise Here

Reddit and other social platforms are absolutely bad mouthing him any chance they get and refuse to even listen to his full speech which you can get right on CSPAN which what they do is without commentary drop a camera in political events and you can hear the whole thing from left to right. It can get boring but at least you'll get what is actually going on.

Would any other President have done better or worse? Once you sort thru the garbage then you can get to the cream of the crop and find out a lot of things Trump said is either misquoted or taken out of context entirely and the internet scrubs a dub dub things now.

Trump seems to be avoiding or trying to avoid roadblocks and martial law which would cause so much disruption. That's one thing I give him kudos for. I feel other Presidents would've been more quick to the trigger.

What Reddit in particular does is takes snippits where they'll say things like 'Trump thinks he or others should NOT be tested for the virus!!" but when you listen to his full quote it's actually more like he says people who have the correct symptoms should get themselves tested but if you don't have the symptoms there is no reason to rush to be tested. And he's saying that to prevent a run on the bank to speak.

Bush would've done the 'Terrorist' Alert for the virus and we'd be seeing green yellow orange and red flash across the screen with his own TSA type group to 'combat the disease for your safety! Please follow their instructions it will be a criminal offence if you don't' and Obama would've locked cities down from the get go like the Boston Bombing Psyops.

I refuse to use the word false flag or hoax as that implies the event was either not real or completely done within which in real life there is a lot of different groups involved in stuff and it's never A or B.

How did Reddit become a left wing echo chamber? If you counter their points directly you will get downvoted and put in the Reddit Penalty Box where you have to wait ten minutes to post. By that time real users will not be interested in the conversation past 5 minutes let alone ten!! You have to post only in obscure areas and then you won't get much karma either. The whole system seems designed to fail.

I feel that Reddit is 70 percent bots so they don't need that 10 min rule.

Here it's just a captcha that isn't a pain in the butt.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OlddanTrucker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 20,433 Times in 4,383 Posts

Most social media is run by extreme Left-wing, commie, progressive douchebags. That's just the way it is.

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, etc. They all use the same business model: promote liberal values and suppress conservative values.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." – Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Reich Minister of Propaganda

None of these sites treated Obummer in the same way. They only attack conservatives.

I have a theory that says they are all supported by the Deep State.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 33,369 Times in 11,703 Posts

The media is not presenting facts in a light favorable to Conservatives?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 11:22 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,750 Times in 557 Posts

I don't think any President would have handled the WuFlu well. Presidents are well schooled on things like defense or the economy but most have little background in health or medicine. Combine the lack of knowledge with the infrequency of pandemics and it's easy to understand why the Federal Government's response has been muddled.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:25 AM

I was a bit taken aback this morning that Trump announced the virus is under control in the U.S. when it clearly isn't and it is in 49 states and crowing daily. I felt his statement today was telling me he is out of touch with reality ..... He doesn't shop or live with the local people like we do.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SEOhioPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEOhioPrepper View Post
I was a bit taken aback this morning that Trump announced the virus is under control in the U.S. when it clearly isn't
1500 Americans have C-virus. 30 M get the flu. How much control is enough?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:42 AM
Hunter

Thanked 5,505 Times in 1,433 Posts

Trump handled it well. Had he come out and said how bad it was going to get immediately, the locusts would have stripped the shelves bare and we’d be in WROL now.

The progressive information dump over months got people prepping at different times and smoothed our the demand. The result is more people were able to prep and get more goods.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 20,433 Times in 4,383 Posts

Quote:
I was a bit taken aback this morning that Trump announced the virus is under control in the U.S. when it clearly isn't and it is in 49 states and crowing daily. I felt his statement today was telling me he is out of touch with reality ..... He doesn't shop or live with the local people like we do.
We have much better control of the situation than many other countries. How would you like to be living in Italy?

Trump is trying to downplay the hysteria being drummed up by the media. He also took immediate action, such as banning all flights from China and infected countries. That dramatically lowered our risk, even though Biden is calling it a racist act.

30,000 to 40,000 Americans die from the regular flu bugs each year. Compare that to the coronavirus. Yeah, we need to be concerned and not do stupid things that pass the virus to ourselves and others, but thus far in the greater scheme of things the coronavirus is a minor player in the USA.

It is very possible that this thing could die off in April or May, along with other winter viruses. I suspect it will be back next year for a second shot at us, but by then we might have a vaccine.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:57 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,271 Times in 412 Posts

I don't think you are going to find anyone here who really values opinions from those websites.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to NickB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:01 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,879 Times in 471 Posts

From the beginning, when it was "Just a hoax" to "we have it under control" he has mismanaged this almost as bad as Wilson did the flu pandemic of '18.

Whether this was because he was trying to keep the market from failing or he was surrounded by sycophants, it is hard to tell - and doesn't matter anyway.

He failed to be the leader we all were hoping he would be. Mostly, I think, it was because he was focused more on what would happen to the market.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oneeyeross For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:11 PM
Socially Distant

Thanked 13,645 Times in 2,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlddanTrucker View Post
What Reddit in particular does is takes snippits where they'll say things like 'Trump thinks he or others should NOT be tested for the virus!!" but when you listen to his full quote it's actually more like he says people who have the correct symptoms should get themselves tested but if you don't have the symptoms there is no reason to rush to be tested. And he's saying that to prevent a run on the bank to speak.
You can tell your Reddit friends that Trump was tested yesterday.

I'm sure they are worried about his health and well being so let them know the results came back today as Negative.

Quote:
The virus is relatively under control, its the irrational fear and hysteria that are not. You can thank the hand wringers in the media for that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:12 PM

I have not been able to keep up with the news in the last week. I've been on a few conference calls with the local and state health departments.

My biggest issue with how everything has been handled is that we just tossed out all the information from the WHO and started from scratch. The tinny amount of testing that were doing is ridiculous compared to the amount of testing we could be doing if we were using the WHO testing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gravel_road For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalOfTheFit View Post
The virus is relatively under control, its the irrational fear and hysteria that are not. You can thank the media for that.
Everyone's "relatively under control" is different.
I feel otherwise because of the lack of community testing in the US. With out the testing it's hard for me to think that this is "relatively under control" at this point in the US.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gravel_road For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,154 Times in 3,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
1500 Americans have C-virus. 30 M get the flu. How much control is enough?
Guess you got old data. 4000 confirmed now. About on track for the exponential rate it's going worldwide, doubling every day. Those are people who got sick 1-3 weeks ago. This number will keep going up. Lets say in 2-3 weeks we see who got infected today.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Infected: 4093
Deaths: 69
Recovered: 12

Noone has this thing under control. It's extremely hard to actually control a virus which is loose. Otherwise we wouldn't have the actual flu around anymore either.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,864 Times in 8,232 Posts

I think there should be road blocks and only essential goods and services be allowed to travel. Every non-essential business/serve should be put on a freeze. Yes, it will hurt small businesses and have a large economic impact.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Some guy on the internet

Thanked 5,803 Times in 2,149 Posts

the problem here is going to be a stock market collapse and a world wide depression. you can't just shut down the worlds industry and fire it right back up without some serious ripple effects.....i really do think this flu is being over blown in a lot of ways...or maybe not, i can't decide because they are shutting down industries....i don't think they'd be doing that and losing all of that money for nothing....anyways, i think trump is doing an ok job, but honestly it's still a bit to early into this to really tell how it's being handled, you kind of need to see the full impacts of everything in order to know this....the main thing is to delay or settle panic, panic is what's going to get us imo, delaying marshal law is delaying panic imo..
The Following User Says Thank You to loki81 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Guess you got old data. 4000 confirmed now. ...

Noone has this thing under control.
You are hysterical. Orders of magnitude away from the flu in terms of who is infected. Let me say again, more people died this season from the flu in America than died worldwide from Cvirus.

Regarding having this under control, China’s numbers are already dropping. Guess you got old data.

Do you think the exponential growth will continue world wide beyond China’s 8-week experience?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 01:01 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 76,886 Times in 20,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
The media is not presenting facts in a light favorable to Conservatives?

No. The media is not presenting facts in a light favorable to Trump.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
About on track for the exponential rate it's going worldwide, doubling every day.
Just got an update for my sovereign State of Ohio. Numbers increased only 50% since yesterday!

See my thread entitled "Coronavirus going to hit its peak and start falling sooner than you think."
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Prepared

Trump is doing a horrible job. The most telling moment is when a reporter asked him if he was responsible for this and he said he was not responsible at all. Then when asked about how he cut the special NSC pandemic unit prior to this and cut the CDC budget he said he didn't know about it and had nothing to do with it, and it was probably someone else in the administration who did it.

He is the president of the United States, how does someone in his administration cut the CDC budget and get rid of the special unit that manages and watches for pandemics and he isn't even aware of it? He either approved it and wasn't paying attention to what he approved so forgot, he is lying and cut because he didn't think it was important, or he isn't doing his job of administrating the administration. What president says he isn't responsible for anything done by the people he appointed and supervises?

Also last time I checked, trying to protect big government incompetence wasn't a conservative value. If you thought that the pandemic unit was a waste of money and it needed to be cut to make room for tax cuts Trump passed, then at this point you have to admit you made a mistake. Just admit you made a mistake, because it is obvious that getting rid of the pandemic unit was a bad move. I don't see how anyone can say Trump getting rid of the pandemic unit and cutting the CDC was a smart move or a good thing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lilychan For This Useful Post: