Sooooo tired of people complaining of high ammo & gun prices!!!! - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 03-31-2020, 04:53 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,724 Times in 653 Posts

Advertise Here

Simple laws of supply and demand. When demand is high and supply is low, prices increase. When demand is low and supply is high prices drop.

Example: polls show Hillary will win election, demand increases, prices rise, manufacturers increase supply, Trump wins, demand falls, prices drop. SHTF, demand rises, manufacturers are behind the curve because of low prices and demand, supply tightens, prices rise. It's that simple.

This is survivalistboards.com people, unless your a newb or a feeb, you should be GTG by now!,
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigg777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:55 AM
What would Mal do

Thanked 7,715 Times in 2,588 Posts

oh...are prices up?..is ammo in short supply?... I hadn't noticed...it's called being prepared.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bighanded For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Hunter

Who the heck shops a Cheaper than Dirt anymore anyway?!? There are SO many better places to buy...EVERYTHING!

I got the call from my cop brother in law a few days ago looking for 9mm ammo and insinuating I should give him some....ummmm...NO!

In the last couple days, I’ve sent him links to places with 9mm IN STOCK, and the SOB STILL hasn’t bought any. I refuse to help someone who won’t help themselves.

I absolutely hate the term “price gouging”, because you only get “gouged” if you pay the price. Like was said previously, it’s really just supply and demand. I’ve not heard of anyone being held at gun point and being forced to pay the so called gouger’s prices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retrieverman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 11:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,207 Posts

I think I may have over prepared in the gun and ammo department.I been at this since I was 16 years old.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MR_SLOW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
The people who are running around now, trying to buy ammo for their guns, are the same people who are always driving around on an empty fuel tank. Then they complain about the price of both when and if they manage to find it.
I learned this lesson after Sandy Hook. AR mags went from $8 to $42 when you could find them. After things quieted down I found myself buying 10 AR/AK mags at every gunshow I attended. Now I have surplus. Same thing with ammo. I was able to give a box of ammo to several friends who just got a gun in this crisis. You live and you learn!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumbojumbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 11:49 PM
L.S./M.F.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
The people who are running around now, trying to buy ammo for their guns, are the same people who are always driving around on an empty fuel tank. Then they complain about the price of both when and if they manage to find it.
I learned this lesson after Sandy Hook. AR mags went from $8 to $42 when you could find them. After things quieted down I found myself buying 10 AR/AK mags at every gunshow I attended. Now I have surplus. Same thing with ammo. I was able to give a box of ammo to several friends who just got a gun in this crisis. You live and you learn!
That's nice of you. Hopefully they weren't anti gun beforehand.