Survivalist Forum banner

Iran putting ships close to US Border

14K views 91 replies 61 participants last post by  Justme11 
#1 ·
#79 ·
i just gassed up my 14ft jon boat and loaded my 12ga.... i got this.

A kayaker with an oar and a scowl could probably scare the Iranians' ships right out of the water. You're gonna frighten them so bad with the shotgun that they might never come out of harbor ever again...

#80 ·
Just playing devils advocate. I'm not concerned even a bit as they would never get one this far inland. According to their religion before the 11th? Iman can come they have to destroy the United States and Israel. lol good luck with that. But they need a DEVICE not a complete delivery system if they get close enough. Nuclear War heads are 1940's technology. Could they have figure out how to make one small enough (or purchased) to put on Helicopter. And have it fly into our airspace declaring an emergency? Have to remember these Muslims are nuts. It's unlikely but nothing is impossible if your dedicated enough and the one thing their republican guard is, is fanatically dedicated. We SHOULD be able to detect the radiation but would we? and in time?

With that being said I also think it's simply a political statement as our intelligence says they don't have any. But our intelligence in my experience misses a lot.

I do believe when they do have the capability to attack the west or Israel (most likely) with a nuclear bomb they will try very hard to do just that. According to their supreme leader their religion dictates that they must.

#83 ·
So, what the hoopla is about is that the Iranians actually dared to venture into INTERNATIONAL WATERS!!!! that just happen to be near US waters.

OK. Um, good for them... glad those tubs didn't sink.

Look, their navy isn't much more than our Coast Guard. Maybe less capable really. Our CG routinely patrol international waters and off foreign coastal waters. Heck, our CG has a larger air contingent than their navy IIRC.
And if anyone doesn't think we had a fast attack sub trailing the Iranians the entire time, you're crazy.
Did anyone else notice that they made sure to mention that there were kids on board? "Please don't sink us mister American Navy, we have the kiddies..."
That entire nation suffers from small man's disease.

#92 ·
I found this table of weight and yields. I had never actually checked to see the weights before. Clearly there are some light weight designs of only 100 kg or so.
N Korea isn't listed, but they have been working hard in this area. I would not discount what they might have.
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/yield2weight.html

http://www.heritage.org/research/le...rea-have-a-missile-deliverable-nuclear-weapon

I seriously doubt we have a missile shield capable of stopping a coastal rocket launch from reaching a 100 to 200 mile high elevation to detonate. (I would love to be proven wrong however). Unless done by a loitering plane based high energy laser.

The easy solution is simply to board and search those boats before they get in range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.