Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Default Roll call

Advertise Here

In light of current events, thought it might be a good time to start a thread about our area. Think pikeville morehead and hazard area. I know thats a big area but its hillbilly territory.

Whats going on in your area virus related? Biggest change in morehead and surrounding area is nursing homes. They got them locked down tight for obvious reasons. Reastraunts are takeout only.

I dont know a lot folks outside my tight group and family so this is kinda an humint thread so post your intel here.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Target Shooter

Harlan present
Old 04-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,969 Times in 2,032 Posts

I'm not from there so not what you are looking for. I just wanted to post that I've actually been to Hazard. Was visiting a friend over in Owsley County and visited a few places around there. Beautiful country around there.
I'm up here in WV.
So Howdy, Neighbor!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
I'm not from there so not what you are looking for. I just wanted to post that I've actually been to Hazard. Was visiting a friend over in Owsley County and visited a few places around there. Beautiful country around there.
I'm up here in WV.
So Howdy, Neighbor!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Howdy to you! I grew up in matewan and williamson, logan. It counts! Thems our people too!
Old 04-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck007 View Post
Harlan present
Anything goin on down there mr bond?
Old 04-01-2020, 05:41 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic the Hashhog View Post
Anything goin on down there mr bond?
Nothing down here. We have a small 955 sqft cabin in 12 acres and the next neighbors are at least 700 yards away. This is not my main residence but we staying here this week while putting spare supplies up. I haven’t lived here since high school but we are from here and always like it.

I went into town and it is a little quieter than usual but it was also on Sunday. I didn’t need anything but intel on how the town folks are behaving. Nothing out of ordinary. I drove around a few areas and notice more weed sellers out and about with the cops mostly sheltered in places. I never had anything with em and they have more customers than they need so they never bother me. I did recognized a few of them from high school so I waved and they acknowledged. It is just a way of life for some folks and they are no better or worse than folks selling you liquid diabetes or cigarettes.

I drove over the homeless shelter and checked to see anyone I know had stayed there lately. Fortunately, I didn’t recognize the name and photo logs. I count that as blessing. There are plenty of work on the property I would be glad to get pay cash or supply to someone to cut down dead trees and stack them up in the firewood shed or restring the barbwire around the fence to keep coyotes and predators out.

Honestly, I don’t think this area is any better off than my main residence as there are always more people in the warmer months and they are in much dire situations than folks in my area. And the cabin is much harder to defend if attackers have guns as there are too many big trees to hide around and the cabin is nothing more than a fat wooden fish in a barrel.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:11 PM

Yea. Around morehead and west liberty 8ts about the same. Few out of state tags here and there but nothing really to report. It ait bad till we cant order a pizza and pick it up. Thats how i gauge the severity.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:36 PM
Front Towards Enemy

Thanked 1,506 Times in 385 Posts

Paintsville area present.

The virus hasn't hit the county yet, probably will in the next few days. Stores starting to look like a scene out of a movie; shelves bare, a few people in full 1000 yard stare mode. People are starting to talk like it's TEOTWAWKI, especially in the small, unincorporated community I live in.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:55 AM
Hiker

I live in the county just outside of Franklin. Things are weird. I am so tired of this end of the world, Mars invasion, zombie apocalypse nonsense!

Joe
Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 AM
Squared away like a donut

Thanked 1,229 Times in 344 Posts

On the opposite end of the state, but I saw Kentucky and came runnin. We’re holding our own down here in the flat lands of Kentucky. Seeing a lot more cases popping up down here the last few days, but people are still in decent spirits ...for now.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:41 AM

Good stuff everyone. Im getting pretty sick of bei g couped up and not earning. Wife still working and aint missing no bills yet but im worried that this country has gotten into a decision paralysis mode and its goi g to be imposible to wake them back up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chronic the Hashhog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Good stuff everyone. Im getting pretty sick of bei g couped up and not earning. Wife still working and aint missing no bills yet but im worried that this country has gotten into a decision paralysis mode and its goi g to be imposible to wake them back up.
I am still working but my job is secure. Wife only makes half as much as me but 15 times smarter. My crew is slacking and MIA so I am doing theirs too but I am white collars so no extra pay for the extra efforts.

My only concern are our safety and our retirement balances, which had been hardest hit the last 4 years.

For those saying they’re sick of all these. Be thankful you are not sick and has plenty to eat and survive. My college acquaintance emailed me from Detroit and said things are so bad he explore the possibilities of just pack up and head south, skipping rents, credit cards, and car payments. He asked if he can stop by to say ‘Hi.’ I haven’t reply and still had the auto out-of-town response on for when we’re down Harlan last Friday to stay and get the cabin’s supplies squared away. He doesn’t know where we lived as we’re unlisted but he knows we are in Kentucky. Thank God it is a big state and a lot of spots are still not on social map.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am still working but my job is secure. Wife only makes half as much as me but 15 times smarter. My crew is slacking and MIA so I am doing theirs too but I am white collars so no extra pay for the extra efforts.

My only concern are our safety and our retirement balances, which had been hardest hit the last 4 years.

For those saying they’re sick of all these. Be thankful you are not sick and has plenty to eat and survive. My college acquaintance emailed me from Detroit and said things are so bad he explore the possibilities of just pack up and head south, skipping rents, credit cards, and car payments. He asked if he can stop by to say ‘Hi.’ I haven’t reply and still had the auto out-of-town response on for when we’re down Harlan last Friday to stay and get the cabin’s supplies squared away. He doesn’t know where we lived as we’re unlisted but he knows we are in Kentucky. Thank God it is a big state and a lot of spots are still not on social map.
I havent had that call from old military or college freinds but have had a family member want to bring their kid here to stay. They know im heavily armed and trained with a lot of food. I told them no, its not time for that sort of panic yet. I think this thing will relax some this summer and hit is harder this winter. When that time comes they need to be ready, stop eating out and buying dumb ****. Get food and medical supplies! Not **** paper.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:29 PM
Hiker

A female friend on disability in Ephraim Utah told me today that the FOOD BANK has STOPPED giving out food. In UTAH. Where the MORMONS live!
Old 04-03-2020, 11:36 PM
Hiker

Quote:
I havent had that call from old military or college freinds but have had a family member want to bring their kid here to stay. They know im heavily armed and trained with a lot of food. I told them no, its not time for that sort of panic yet. I think this thing will relax some this summer and hit is harder this winter. When that time comes they need to be ready, stop eating out and buying dumb ****. Get food and medical supplies! Not **** paper.
You are missing the point!

Welcome, kids! I am glad you are here! You know, we have learned that we can make this house virus proof by doing a few simple things. For example, we learned that the virus needs TALL GRASS to feed on, so Johnny, you go out there and mow the lawn twice a week! Billy, see those cans over there? Those are cans of anti-virus semi-gloss paint! Here is a roller and a paint brush. You need to paint the whole inside! Susie ... a virus can't live on clean glass. See those dirty windows? Here's the Windex and a roll of paper towels! .... Debbie ... the virus cannot survive on clean fabric. The washer and dryer are in that room. Get started...

Old 04-04-2020, 01:09 AM
Target Shooter

Family and good friends are welcome to come anytime. I already lent out 12 rifles and 4 shotguns to friends. If folks show up, they are expected to be quarantined for 3 weeks in their car(s) as I am NO USE to them if I am sick. And folks showing up with nothing will be politely turned away unless they are family and live far away. Everyone else is expected to show up with supplies and they can self quarantine while consuming their own supplies. I have a large detached insulated garage where my workshop is and that has a full bathroom and two spare bedrooms on converted attic. My old RV also has a bathroom. I have a portable potty system that I used when I used to go camping, hiking, and long road trips and it is now rigged up behind my insulated shed. If there are folks showing up, I can just take the riding mower and lawn equipment out and convert the shed into the out house. Worst case scenario, I let folks quarantine at the hunting cabin but I can’t trust people not prancing around town getting sick when they may had shown up not sick in the first place.

No neighbors are allowed to come over as they have no excuse being prepared and I can’t trust them not becoming trouble makers or trying to work their ways into some power grab in my own home. With families and friends, the rules are clear and the rules are to stay safe and carry your own weight or be forced to leave, with or without your family.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:10 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
A female friend on disability in Ephraim Utah told me today that the FOOD BANK has STOPPED giving out food. In UTAH. Where the MORMONS live!
A lot of people are hitting food banks now. Some are hitting it to avoid depleting their stash.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
A lot of people are hitting food banks now. Some are hitting it to avoid depleting their stash.
Thats one of those situatuons where the ethics are questionable but the logic is sound.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:52 AM
Target Shooter

I volunteer at food bank and there are new Range Rover and nice pickups coming for supplies. As this is a state funded food bank, they have every right to be here since their taxes dollars paid for it. Yes, I am biased. But I am also human so I had done drop-offs for folks without transportation. It is amazing that there are folks who will remain dependent from cradle to grave.

I also volunteer at our hunt club meal service and we only feed families in need that aren't thugs, drug abusers, and just plain bad. This is a private organization so we turn people away all the time.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:23 PM

Spencer county Kentucky here