Survivalist Forum banner

Blackpowder picture thread

21K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Le Loup 
#1 ·
Lets see some pictures of your blackpowder rifles, shotguns, and pistols. This thread is for pictures of modern and traditional blackpowder guns. I will upload pictures of my guns as soon as I get my camera fixed.

#16 ·
Hope you guys like them!

My present at 12 years old. My Grandfather made the actions (on the inline) from scratch, by hand, on his metal lathe. The same year my family deemed me old enough to kill my first deer. First rifle is .45 cal, only use REAL blackpowder (no synthetics) and homemade poured lead balls.

Second rifle is .40 cal, only use REAL blackpowder and homemade lead balls

Enjoy!

#25 ·
Hope you guys like them!

My present at 12 years old. My Grandfather made the actions (on the inline) from scratch, by hand, on his metal lathe. The same year my family deemed me old enough to kill my first deer. First rifle is .45 cal, only use REAL blackpowder (no synthetics) and homemade poured lead balls.

.......edited for size.......

Enjoy!
Man I thought the most beautiful thing in the world was my ex-wife's redheaded cousin bent over the hood of a '71 Olds 442 the week after my divorce from her but DAMN, that is a jewel you have right there and really close to that redhead. Some serious talent and fine work. I would baby that gun SO much and want to kill myself if I ever scuffed it. That is a heirloom right there.

#19 ·
After seeing those, I have canceled the idea of posting my thompson center .50 cal inline.

I will post one of my favorite rifles. A .31 cal cattleman's rifle. It is a blackpowder pistol, but with 20" or so barrel and rifle stock. Hasn't seen a ton of hunting, but I probably killed a dozen squirrels and a handful of rabbits with it. I give it a 40-50 yard squirrel hunting range. Not the best iron sights on it. Hate to drill and mount a peep on it.

#22 ·
Ive read this section, and Ive seen more false information on flintlocks here, than in any other forum Ive ever read.

Ive been shooting muzzleloaders for 30 years, and flintlocks for 25 of those years.

Your first muzzleloader may not be a flintlock, but your last one will be.

Forget everything you know about firearms, none of it applies to muzzleloaders

If you buy a third world production built rifle, you have cheap junk. Its inferior grade materials and craftsmanship.

I would not own a muzzleloader with a brand name on it. They jsut are not worth the hassle to get them to shoot right.

They are made to hunt with, maybe 1-5 shots a year. I see lots of them fail at rondy every year.

Flintlocks fire faster than caplocks.The only advantage a caplock has is you can reload if faster. Other than that its inferior in every way.

I made this, it isn't hard. It took 3-4 hours 1-2 times a week for 5 weeks.

There is about $800 in parts. The best stuff money can buy.

I shoot 20-25 shots a rondy, and go to 4-8 rondies a year. I change the flint One a year.

Rice swamped 42 inch 45 cal barrel
Jim Chamber's Late Kateland lock. (the fastest custom flintlock made)
Modified by Ole man Rice himself.
Crockett double set triggers
Tenn Black Walnut
All Iron hardware

#29 ·
ill post pics but my black powder colloction includes
2 1858 rems
2 1851
2 1851 snub nosed 36
31 derringer
45 fmj derringer
traditions buckhunter 50 pistol
ruger old army .457
1860 44
navy arms 12 short barrells double
45 hunterbolt cva
50 cva hunterbolt
winchest apex 50
knight 54cal
tradiditions over under 50
wolf which i had durra coted in digital camo 50cal with bipod kinda ugly but what a tack driver

#31 ·
45 cal flintlock, made late 50s early 60s by a unknown smith in Tenn.

I have several BP rifles and pistols, bu this one is truly a joy to fire.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.