Survivalist Forum banner

870 tactical picture thread

7K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Waldlaeufer 
#1 ·
Post pictures and specs of your tactical SHTF 870's. I just bought a second 870 (one I've had for a long time that I hunt with) to turn into a grab and go tactical shotgun. I'm mainly just looking for stock and forend ideas. I started by ordering an 18" barrel now I would like to replace the stock and for end. I'm not going to go crazy with it just want to lighten it up a bit and make it more maneuverable. SO what does yours look like?

I'm thinking about the HOGUE 12" LOP STOCK

#10 ·
To be very straight:

what is wrong with the factory forend and stock?
I like the recoil reduction and similarity between systems the Knoxx stock provides. It also uses the same single point sling as the AR.
Maneuverability? 12" or 14" barrel.
Where is that legal other than LEO?

3 posts and not one picture. Hey, I don't own one, so I have an excuse.
Okay then, the 870. Little better pic than the one posted a while back.

Attachments

#8 ·
Well, not actually an 870, but it's a clone- the NEF Pardner

Fore grip added:

ATI pistol grip stock:

ATI light mount:

The pistol grip stock works well, the original stock made it seem like a reach for the trigger but the new stock is a much better fit for me.

#11 ·
All you that have invested in shock absorbing stocks and pistol grips, good for you. But I will tell the rest of you that it is unnecessary. The best feeling and most effective and comfortable 870 I have ever used was in the military and I used it for three years. Composite stock style butt stock with Surefire fore grip. In my opinion the best feeling shotgun I have ever operated.

#18 ·
And to the OP:

I apologize for posting a picture of a plain jane Rem 870 Police with standard rifle sights.

Nothing tactical, but it does the job.

By the way, the only useful addition is a sling and a Mesa Tactical Carrier, since I don't like the plastic carriers.

If length of pull is an issue, I can understand that one wants to change the stock or makes adjustments to that...

Other than that: IMHO it is overkill. It is a freakin' close range lead delivering machine. Trick out your rifles...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.