Survivalist Forum banner

The Tactical Vehicle

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  sgltrk 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any advice on how to mount a small battle rifle in a Ford excursion with floor and overhead console? I was thinking of replacing the floor console with a more narrow one so I can mount my rifle between the captain seat and console to the floor. Any ideas on how that might work? Any better ideas? And what kind of mount could I use? Thanks for any and all help. By the way, I'm planning on using an M1 Carbine, an AK 47 or a paratrooper sks, if that matters.

#15 ·
I think it varies state to state. Where I am, the game warden only cares if a cartridge is in the chamber.

The sheriff and highway patrol will bust you if the ammo is loaded in the gun, or if loaded mag is inserted, or if ammo is attached in sidesaddle holder etc.

But then again, this state sucks so go figgure.

#16 ·
Confined spaces and long guns...

The problem with mounting a rifle or shotgun in a vehicle is that if you are driving, its an act of Congress to retrieve, aim, and place rounds to its intended target from the drivers seat with a long gun, Class III and SBRs are the most logical to acheive that with. Otherwise just rely on handguns till you can safely exit and implement use of a long gun.

Just my opinion...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.