Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cold Weather Gear Needed EarlyBird Ladies Section 10 11-14-2014 08:46 PM
Ideal Cold Weather Pants FutureSurvivalInstct Reviews and questions 12 08-17-2014 10:04 PM
Testing Cold Weather Gear Ghent Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 12-15-2013 09:31 PM
Field Test of Cold Weather gear "Spoon" Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 10-26-2012 10:28 PM
Thermos's, often ignored piece of cold weather gear. Schwillis Reviews and questions 25 01-14-2012 07:26 PM
Cold weather Gear brice90 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 54 01-03-2012 09:33 AM
Cold weather gear. Theman Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 20 12-16-2010 04:30 PM
Extreme Cold weather pants NIB $35 victor23 For Sale 0 10-31-2010 08:10 PM
Cold Weather Gear and Tent DesertSon Reviews and questions 3 11-23-2009 05:51 AM
Cold weather head gear kev Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 8 10-06-2008 02:00 AM

Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Dumpster Diver

Thanked 4,201 Times in 1,570 Posts
Default WWII aviators cold weather gear (pants) ?

Advertise Here

I found a like new set of really heavy lined aviators pants in my local surplus store... I assume they are the ones worn by the B29 flight crews as I know they flew high enough that it was bitterly cold, and they could not move around much to keep warm

I have never seen anything that appeared this warm ...and I was in the sub arctic ( Greenland, Labrador & Newfoundland) 3 times on International Ice Patrol

they were pretty heavy to lift, not something I could run in, but I figure I could walk in them OK, or get into them when I stopped to rest.. seemed to me they would keep me as warm as the best sleeping bags

they had full length leg zippers so you could put them on easily over whatever you were already wearing

the owner was not in and the clerk did not know the asking price,, I expect they will be expensive, especially as they look like they have never been worn,,, no mildew, discoloring, or anything..
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 22,752 Times in 8,493 Posts

I'm surprised they weren't 24V electric. http://www.thefind.com/family/info-wwii-flight-suits bottom of the page F-3A Heated Flight...

http://www.303rdbg.com/uniforms-gear3.html F-2
Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 AM

I used to collect wartime flying clothing mainly british, and have two pairs of the irvin flying trousers they have full length zips on the legs their brown long hair sheepskin with pockets normally they had braces to hold them up .

They are very warm and heavy when you have them and the jacket and boots and lifevest and parachute on you can hardly move .

Anyway a great find I collected this stuff mainly 30 years ago and it was rare ish then,