Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-28-2020, 01:38 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 10,141 Times in 2,186 Posts
Default US-China relations. Where do we go from here?

Advertise Here

Mods if you want to move this I understand, but I'm posting it here because it's a bigger issue than the wuhan virus.

Looking back and looking forward, how should we change our relations with china?

How do we hold them accountable for the plague they caused?

How do we prevent the next one since we can't trust them to do it?

How do we alter trade given the pitfalls of globalism we are currently suffering from?

While it's tempting to say, "turn china in a radioactive firebreak" let's be realistic. This is an important conversation that needs to happen.

Here's a fairly non-political podcast about wet markets. (I scanned it with AVG and it's virus free)
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...trade/12028484
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2020, 05:00 PM
Awesome

Thanked 25,448 Times in 8,354 Posts

It's time for a divorce, as much as their paid pundits in the DNC and media will cry about it.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 37,461 Times in 10,374 Posts

Nuc them from orbit, it the only way to be sure.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
It's time for a divorce, as much as their paid pundits in the DNC and media will cry about it.
Can't, $$ is USA's god.

Beside, we can't survive as we do without China. USA brought it all on themselves....greed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Beside, we can't survive as we do without China. USA brought it all on themselves....greed.
We survived for decades without them just fine. Things lasted longer as well.

As long as the media stops spinning this BS the way they are, the general attitude will change, blue collar jobs will come back and we'll be in a much better place again. It will take a while though.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to canningmom42 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Can't, $$ is USA's god.

Actually, no, a lot of Chinese money pumped into the DNC, and in particular the 1996 election on behalf of Clinton who played a key role in opening trade with China is why we are in the situation we are in. Trade should have never been opened with China.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:43 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 39,991 Times in 9,300 Posts

Send 'em a bill for the bailouts, then deduct the amount we owe them commensurate with the figure.

Pull out American companies and bring 'em home.

Stop buying China-ware.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 06:54 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 80,035 Times in 23,321 Posts

I would declare our debt to them paid in full as a result of this. Then restart the tab.

If they want to stop selling to us after that, fine.

And there is going to be a war with them at some point I believe over their expansionist moves in the S. China Sea (they need to rename that sea, because saying the name makes it sound like you are acknowledging their ownership) and beyond.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:14 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I would declare our debt to them paid in full as a result of this. Then restart the tab.

If they want to stop selling to us after that, fine.

And there is going to be a war with them at some point I believe over their expansionist moves in the S. China Sea (they need to rename that sea, because saying the name makes it sound like you are acknowledging their ownership) and beyond.
Sounds good to me. I'd be on board with that. We definitely need to stop funding their military expansion and buying out controlling stock of countless western companies.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 07:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,850 Times in 741 Posts

I would like to see all the affected countries band together and punish China as one.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to weaselrunner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 PM

I say we quietly establish US manufacturing of necessary medical equipment and pharmaceuticals. When that's solid we slap huge tariffs on all imports and exports. Especially our food exports. When they throw a fit, we cut trade entirely and treat them like North Korea. That's going to send waves through our economy, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Our economy is already wrecked so now is the time. It will open up new opportunities for Americans.

Stopping the illegal wildlife trade and wet markets is more challenging. Possibly declare it a crime against humanity and put bounties on the heads of poachers and vendors like we did with Isis.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 1,456 Times in 444 Posts

China will always bend the knee to the USA as long as we are willing to buy and use their very cost effective goods. (and we are)

I retired a few years ago....... Then I decided to find a way to work from home the past year or so.

I ended up buying Chinese products and reselling them in the US...... I still am doing so to this day.

From Mid Jan to mid March I had a total melt down of drop ship business as I ended up cleaning out the chinese owned US warehouses in a few weeks. They were unable to replenish that stock due to the Covid 19 mess.

I have a few Chinese business contacts that I talk to on an almost daily basis. As of 2 weeks ago or so, they are back in business and trying to get me to buy buy buy....... I noticed that they are not shipping my goods via echina post, they are all using DHL.

So the answer to "Where do we go from here" is we pick up where we left off 2 months or so ago. I was enjoying using Chinese owned warehouses in the USA to dropship item for a while and now those glory days are over and I have to hold and ship about 1/2 of my own products now.

Im sure in a few months they will have their crap together again and I will have more drop-shipping options open to me again. But to be honest I am having great success by mailing my customers directly. so I think I will keep things at 50/50
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,191 Times in 2,190 Posts

Charge them, dumper the dong, stop financing corporations over there, lets see how far into the ME they can afford to shove their superhighways into. They are due to mix it up with the Indians near the end of the 2020s anyway....or did you think thier Peaceful Desert operation in thier NW province was a pointless dry run? Its a warm up. Charge the Chinese for thier latest gift to the world.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canningmom42 View Post
We survived for decades without them just fine. Things lasted longer as well.

As long as the media stops spinning this BS the way they are, the general attitude will change, blue collar jobs will come back and we'll be in a much better place again. It will take a while though.
The media hasn't been able to control the anger. Voices from around the world are blasting china. It will gain steam as more innocent people die. China is saying that's racis', but last I checked China wasn't a race. Some of the most intense vitriol aimed at them is from their Asian neighbors.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,745 Times in 3,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
Mods if you want to move this I understand, but I'm posting it here because it's a bigger issue than the wuhan virus.

Looking back and looking forward, how should we change our relations with china?

How do we hold them accountable for the plague they caused?

How do we prevent the next one since we can't trust them to do it?

How do we alter trade given the pitfalls of globalism we are currently suffering from?

While it's tempting to say, "turn china in a radioactive firebreak" let's be realistic. This is an important conversation that needs to happen.

Here's a fairly non-political podcast about wet markets. (I scanned it with AVG and it's virus free)
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...trade/12028484

no need for ranting , raving or gnashing of teeth, just begin supply chain draw down away from them. Start ramping up factories here. Their economy is already under extreme pressure from Trump's corrective measures. Their free ride is over. Prosecute Pols that take money from chicom sources or at least pass legislation outlawing such activity moving forward .
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,379 Times in 10,351 Posts

**** China. Sever all ties and levy sanctions against them. Lying, shearing, stealing pieces of ****, all of them.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,261 Posts

Quote:
Can't, $$ is USA's god.

Same as any drug...you wean yourself off slowly.
Just as tax advantages drove the jobs overseas...tax incentives
can expedite the employment repatriation.

The problem is Americans donít have a long term perspective.
Americans want instant gratification...30,000 ventilators TODAY!

The Arabs and Chinese have always known they could just wait
out America.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoveLife For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 09:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,391 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
I say we quietly establish US manufacturing of necessary medical equipment and pharmaceuticals. When that's solid we slap huge tariffs on all imports and exports. Especially our food exports. When they throw a fit, we cut trade entirely and treat them like North Korea. That's going to send waves through our economy, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Our economy is already wrecked so now is the time. It will open up new opportunities for Americans.

Stopping the illegal wildlife trade and wet markets is more challenging. Possibly declare it a crime against humanity and put bounties on the heads of poachers and vendors like we did with Isis.
While I agree with most of this, the loss of the China soy and corn markets have suppressed the American farmers income to the point of bankruptcy in many cases. Soy bean prices are even lower now with the virus and trade issues. Other producers (Brazil and Argentina produce combined now produce 50% more than the USA, who was the World's largest producers). China was able to buy cheaper Soy Beans from these two and harm our famers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thataway For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 11:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 36,446 Times in 8,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbsa View Post
I have a few Chinese business contacts that I talk to on an almost daily basis. As of 2 weeks ago or so, they are back in business and trying to get me to buy buy buy....... I noticed that they are not shipping my goods via echina post, they are all using DHL.
China Post and DHL have an established business relationship. Even if the goods were shipped via China Post, odds are very good it would be moved via DHL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 05:53 PM
Probably Dislikes You

Thanked 40,797 Times in 6,460 Posts

This is the PERFECT time to break it off with China.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mere_Man For This Useful Post: