Mtn Wilderness Survival Retreat Experiences with 60 + pics - Page 54 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter Psyclops DIY - Do It Yourself 6 07-07-2016 06:22 AM
New pics on my remote mtn survival retreat (2013 - Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 119 11-19-2014 07:16 PM
Nice cabin pics where I worked & mtn retreat I Lived Summer 2010 ( Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 06-17-2014 07:33 PM
A Real Wilderness Retreat Akita Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 08-18-2013 06:00 PM
New Pics of my mtn Survival Retreat Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 413 05-31-2013 01:19 PM
New pics showing more of my BOL / mtn retreat, bunker and Solar setup (pic heavy) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 04-08-2013 08:03 PM
Illinois Wilderness Retreat Project! ForrestSpaceModule Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 02-26-2012 08:51 AM
Wilderness camp program experiences? smallbrat Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 01-11-2011 09:26 PM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 09:56 PM

Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 23,751 Times in 4,802 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
This is indeed a big part of whats wrong with our country today.
I am not going to re-post that ugly pic of the creature. But I am pretty sure it is male since looking as close as I can stand it is bald and not too many wimmen are bald from what I remember.

About what is wrong with our country and even the whole freakin world it would take a book and much more and plenty of books and movies out there trying to tell and even flaunt what is wrong...

I personally have experienced all kinds of people even though I am more and more of a hermit even now still stuck in a city. I have written before that I never feel lonely on my mtn retreat but the loneliest place is in a city full of all kinds of people but most are people whom I have nothing in common. And I feel the most lonely in most cities.

And the few women I have met, I might even post a photo or two someday if any are interested but most of the women under forty anyway are tattooed or inked or whatever they call it now.

My good ol Dad had tattoos on both arms from when he was in the US Navy for 8 years in the fifties. The only wimmen I had ever heard about having tats were in freak shows in past history. My Dad actually regretted have all of those tattoos since when he got to be fifty the tattoos were fading and unrecognizable. The only tattoo I liked on my Dad's arm was my mom's name... IF I ever met a good lady then the only tat / ink whatever I would get would be her name on my arm.

I don't like tattoos in general even on men since I don't see the beauty or art or whatever and it makes people even easier to id. The "geniuses" who have tats on their faces are especially easy to id = mark.

And here are some more bits of "wisdom" I constantly find on quora.com and facebook. I try to not waste too much time but it has been entertaining if nothing else this past winter. I am almost done with suciety and so called civilization but just a bit more if any are intereested >>>

You all would not believe the responses on some facebook site, even after some told what they were really looking at

From quora.com >>>

Are fully semiautomatic rifles worse than partial semiautomatic rifles?

N. Doty
Answered Apr 13, 2018

"Assuming you mean full auto vs semi-auto you still need to define what you mean by ‘worse’. Worse looking? Does 1 smell worse than the other? Does one make a more delightful planter?

Accuracy wise, full auto tends to be worse. The gun itself can be 100% as accurate as anything else, the shooter tends to be affected a lot more and therefore become less accurate. We used to train with semi-auto and there was always a challenge with full auto “Who can put 3 on the target before they’re shooting over the top of it”, I think I saw maybe 1 or 2 out of a LOT of shooters manage to get round #3 on paper.

Full auto generally means missing a lot, really fast."

Would it be harder to own a musket than an AR-15 due to the higher caliber of muskets?

N. Doty
Answered Apr 13, 2018

"I own both. Neither is harder to own than the other. They both just sit there unless I mess with them. Neither takes additional care or feeding.

If you’re talking about purchasing, Federal law doesn’t classify a muzzle loader as a firearm and it is exempt from FFL transfer laws etc. The ar15 is a ‘modern’ firearm and there are additional laws required for its purchase from a commercial entity. Caliber has nothing to do with it."

"Just one more reason" and if any do not know what I mean by that then you have not been paying attention to what I at least, have been posting about for the past ten years in this and other threads. More later maybe as things develop >>>>

Quick reply to this message
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Trapper

I'm sure you're right about that repulsive creature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post

You all would not believe the responses on some facebook site, even after some told what they were really looking
Yes, Fully semi automatic camera's, and gear ought to be illegal!
And yes, I believe it. There are a lot f stupid people out there today...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm sure you're right about that repulsive creature.

Yes, Fully semi automatic camera's, and gear ought to be illegal!
And yes, I believe it. There are a lot f stupid people out there today...
Found a few more which just makes me want to leave suciety even more. I would have left already but the weather is unusually cool and the snowpack is not melting too fast but Hopefully mostly melted by the end of June so I can move everything I own up there by July 1, 2019. This snow survey station half a mile from my land says there is still 74 inches of snow depth but the temps are slowly getting warmer > https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportG...ue,TOBS::value

I also finally found another snow site about my mountain area with temps, weather forecasts etc. and wish I could have seen this the past year or ten > https://snoflo.org/report/snow/wyoming/old-battle/

Anyway, a few more stupid or at least ridiculous facebook "wisdumb" >

A huge number of Hollyweirdo meme's and wisdumb. I used to like Carrey and even Robin Williams until I finally realized that they truly were and are Nuts! as in clinically insane. I won't post political memes etc. since plenty of those in other sections and just watch the news. This is one of many Jim Carrey's "art"

I think that website change.org is actually serious with this petition >

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,209 Posts

Mike, I assume your road permits you to take the shortest path (clockwise on the loop) to your property. Where on the property are you building and is the build site near the loop road or do you have a driveway?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Trapper

Carey is an ass, Williams is dead, and I dare one of those mother effers to try and get their finger into my muzzle. They will be pulling back the bloody remnants of what was once their finger.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,998 Times in 917 Posts

I have never, ever thought Carey was anything but a retard. He was never funny.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JRR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Carey is an ass, Williams is dead, and I dare one of those mother effers to try and get their finger into my muzzle. They will be pulling back the bloody remnants of what was once their finger.
According to the experts at change.org the muzzle is called a "shoot hole" first time I have ever heard or seen that description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Mike, I assume your road permits you to take the shortest path (clockwise on the loop) to your property. Where on the property are you building and is the build site near the loop road or do you have a driveway?
Thanks for the question and possibly barely two more weeks for anyone to ask me questions since I plan to be totally off grid on my mtn retreat. The one that is shown mostly in the first few posts of this long thread in case any might have forgotten. I have added much even pictures since I created this long thread about ten years ago and plan to add a great deal more in the next ten years.

My private road is an almost 3 mile loop including some side paths. It is not just my private road but is shared with people who have cabins within 3 miles. Maybe 20 or so cabins on the private road and one or two cabins are built every summer. When I first got up there in July 1987 there were only 4 cabins about 2 miles down the mountain from my land. Some years no cabins built but the past few years more and more although it still is not too crowded.

There is also a "secret" path = 4x4 road that I could take to get to my mtn place If necessary. It begins in the ghost town of Battle and ends on my private road. That secret path is told about in the book "Mountain Hold" and chapters 4 and 5 of that book describe my mountain area and what I would really like to build if given the time, some more money and mainly a few dozen people to help build. I can send a pdf of the book "Mountain Hold" to anyone who asks me in a private message.

I actually have two main building sites and three if the back part of the bunker is included someday, hopefully within a year or two.

I must build a protective log pole strong structure over my camper trailer which I should live in for a year or more while I try to finish the partially underground cabin I began to build in 2014.

It must be a strong log pole structure that can withstand the ten plus foot deep snowpack of most winters.

I also would like this log pole garage to be long enough to even protect my two pickup trucks but will see how that goes and if I have enough time, energy and materials to build such before next October when the big snows begin again.

This log garage will be at the top of my driveway. The driveway has the ten foot high gate that Watch Ryder built in 2012. I also plan to build a ten or so foot high log pole fence and the long garage will be part of the fence.

If the Wyoming state highway 70 is open yet and I have not seen any link that it is open but if it was then likely the private dirt road still has some big drifts such as shown in this pic that I took July 2, 2011. That was the very latest that there was so much snow still in July since most years the snow is only that deep in early June at the latest. But this has been an unusually cool wet even snowy spring with summer only now barely beginning with temps hitting about 60 degrees F as I can see on the snow survey station.

The pic at the beginning of my private road and my mtn land is about one mile down this road >

Below showing my old truck down the road at the beginning of the huge 12 foot snowdrift blocking the road

If the snow is still deep when I move up there likely around June 30th then I will have to dig thru snow drifts. This is what I did to open up my driveway in mid June 2009 and the last pic shows the top of my driveway where I hope to build a ten to possibly more than thirty foot long log pole garage using plywood also. >>>

I have a lot of pics and hope to take a few dozen more pics of my moving and building and doing and Living on the mountain this summer even for the rest of my life. But here is the other building site and just a couple pics of me building my newest structure which is a partially underground log, rock, concrete cabin. It will be 20 x 12 feet since the hole is a bit bigger than those dimensions.

I also plan to build a concrete block / rock tower possibly ten or more feet high but I won't even begin the tower for a year or two, which will be part of the new cabin. Just a couple more pics showing me build. WR made a video and he took the one pic showing me nailing the large picture window in place. It is actually a double paned sliding glass door and I have another one for one more window. >>>

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Lots more I could post everyone but not too much time right now. I usually am not online during the day since this motel wifi is slower and many times will not even connect during the day. Too many people using motels from Memorial Day to Labor day and this is a big tourist area as is many places in the western USA.

I do want to post this pdf of a great book. There are actually two Mountain Hold books but this is the first and best one in my opinion since it takes place in a real area my WY mountain area. The town of Tonswater in the book is actually Encampment with its twin "city" of Riverside population 50.
The other Mountain Hold book is titled: The Golden Odyssey and hope some will look it up and buy or ask me about it thru email or a private message. There is supposed to be a 3rd and final Mountain Hold book but it might take a while for the author to write and finish.

I especially like chapters 4 and 5 since they describe the actual mountain hold which is mine and what I would like to create if I was given enough time, energy, dollars and especially a few dozen good people. Here is the pdf if any wish to read this. I am going to buy as many paper copies of this and the other books of WR's although there are few paper copies left but unlimited kindle and Amazon e-books.

If any download and even possibly read this then please give your opinion and if you think it is a very good story. I like it mainly because it is a unique and very interesting story and it is taking place in a real area = my mtn retreat area and the towns within 30 miles. The pdf of the Mountain Hold which will auto download >

Link I will use to order books of the Mountain Hold and maybe a few others also will look at this >>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNTUNA4
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mountain Hold - Terra's Edge Volume 1.pdf (964.6 KB, 37 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 09:25 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Guess I should do an update for the few who still read this long thread.

Summer is here finally although in many parts of the Rocky Mountains it does not feel like summer yet. Still very cloudy, cool and rainy. Longest coldest spring I remember since 1995.

I will be stuck in this city in MT until July 10, 2019 it seems from this message I received from this guy I know and who is the owner of this company >
What the guy boss the leader of the crew of 6 guys, finally wrote to me two nights ago:

"About 3k...and I will get back to you exactly when"

So it looks like it will cost me $3000 to move all of my stuff out of Calirado and they won't be able to move me too soon. The snow should be all melted by mid July except in the most shaded areas. From the snow survey station I see that there is Still 50 inches of snowpack and still melting slowly with this unusually cool wet weather.

It is costly to move but what isn't anymore? Even yard sales and the dollar stores are not hardly worth the money. But I Must spend the money to get hopefully All of my stuff off of my cousin's farm and up onto my land. His farm is about 200 miles from my land and then the last mile is down my private dirt road which I am sure most moving companies would not want to go down and then they would not want to help me move all the stuff across the large spring and up onto my land.

Again all of the stuff to be moved that is now on that farm is my Palomini camper trailer which will be towed behind the guys large pickup truck and that camper will be filled with stuff.

Plus my Dad's - mine now - full size 1979 F-150 pickup truck which has a camper shell. I will fill the back of that pickup full of boxes. I plan to never get any license plates, registration, insurance etc etc. for that old truck and I will keep it mostly stored but drive it around the almost 3 mile private dirt road sometimes. Drive it to visit neighbors with cabins and even haul some firewood etc.

The plates on that old pickup have been expired for a year now and I don't want to get any new ones or spend much more money on that old pickup. I hope to keep it running for as many more years as possible and it should be great if / when there ever is an EMP attack. The work crew will put it on a flatbed trailer and pull it with another one of their trucks. I also have a nice recliner chair and at least twenty boxes of stuff still on that farm.

Sorry to go on too much but I try to be thorough. Any questions I will answer. After July 10, 2019 I hope to be very much off grid since I must Finally be moved up to my mtn retreat and even If I can get some internet up there I don't plan to spend very much time at all on computers, smart phones etc.

I know I can send text messages and make phone calls since I did that for years and I called my elderly parents every night from my land the last couple years I was up there - the summers of 2013 and 2014. Maybe someday but having internet is a very low priority for me now and possibly for the next one or more years.

Here are a couple things that I posted on my facebook page. I am trying to not post much on FB but it is the only place to keep in contact with many such as some friends and most of my cousins. Hope some of you like this and ask me anything since after it seems July 10, 2019 it might be difficult maybe almost impossible to contact me.

I have always thought this as long as I can remember. Seems like people would have to be raised in a city to really like it? Same way for those who were raised in rural or small town areas. Good or bad I choose remote mountains as close to wilderness and paradise as one can get on this planet.

I live a lot like the following pic shows - alone even many would say anti-social now in a motel and will more and more full time on my remote WY mtn retreat in a cabin beginning in July.

I don't hate people but do hate Suciety in general. I would love to have a good woman join me even have a family. But that seems impossible although Maybe sometime in the future that will change.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Hunter

Mike, am I getting close?

edit: image deleted
Old 06-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Hunter

My chest carry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190621_224534 - Edited.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	288442
Old 06-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Mike, am I getting close?
Ahhhhh!! I should immediatey delete everything. But anyway I am guessing you are using google satellite? I have also looked exactly on my land and even I can barely tell that it is my land. My buildings are very well camoflaged, especially the underground cabin - shelter many call a bunker. And your pic is blurry but that is google. The curve looks almost like mine but I don't think it is. There are more trees on the right below the curve and less on the left side of the pic where many dozens of pine trees were beetle killed about ten years ago. Many of them have been cut down and I used several already in my new half built cabin.

Not sure if you got the right road anyway. Since 2009 when I first joined this S-boards at least four people have sent me pics and info saying they found my mtn place.
Only one got within a mile of where I really am. Quite a few dirt roads, 4x4 roads etc in the area. I have said I am about a mile from the top of the Continental Divide but that is all I will say for now.

Quote:
My chest carry.
I like your chest carry and maybe I will get one of those soon also. More later everyone until early July at least...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Hunter

Mike, I won't try to get any closer. I shouldn't have gone there anyway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 06:29 PM
I travel light

Thanked 3,157 Times in 713 Posts

Hey Mike! long time no see, friend! how have you been?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg5791 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 06:53 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg5791 View Post
Hey Mike! long time no see, friend! how have you been?
I am ok and hope you are too Greg. I am guessing you are not in Venezuela and have not been there for quite a while now. I have seen some of your posts in the Venezuela thread in the manmade disaster section > https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=504289

If you and even some others reading this, are ever in Wyoming then please stop by. People should email or send me a message though. I plan to move up there Finally in a very few weeks but the snow depth is still 50 inches and Still snowing some. Very unusual weather. And I expect the rest of the summer to be below normal temps and possibly wetter than usual...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I just have to post the following that I just saw and read on quora.com Hope many will like it. This is very good showing the need to defend ourselves. >>>

How many gun owners have actually stopped a crime from being committed by using a gun?

Andrew T. Post, avid shooter and son of a gunsmith
Answered 32m ago

Last Sunday, my dad gave me some back issues of American Rifleman. In every single issue, there’s a section—“The Armed Citizen”—with five or six real-life stories of gun owners stopping crimes from being committed with their guns.

The following is lifted from the April 2019 issue:

In the early morning hours in Temecula, Calif., a retired Marine awoke to the sounds of a break-in. Arming himself with a handgun, the homeowner went to confront two would-be burglars who had entered his rural residence. One of the suspects opened fire on the Marine.

This act resulted in a shootout inside the home. After emptying his firearm, the homeowner retreated to another room as the two suspects fled. One of the suspected attackers, who apparently had been hit by the armed citizen during the incident, was taken to the hospital for treatment with gunshot injuries.

Sheriff’s deputies responded to an emergency call at the residence and alerted local hospitals to watch for suspicious people with gunshot injuries. Deputies soon learned of a man at a hospital who was believed to have been involved in the shootout with the retired Marine, and an investigation was launched into the incident.

A domestic dispute escalated into violence one evening in Nebo, N.C., as a 69-year-old woman got into an altercation with her grandson, who was described as agitated over a grievance.
In response, the young man allegedly dragged his grandmother and her wheelchair outside of the house and began to assault her. The elderly woman’s son-in-law, who lived near the residence, witnessed the commotion.

Pulling out his firearm, the son-in-law shot the young man in the leg to prevent further injury to her. The grandmother had suffered injuries to her hands, arms and neck, and her assailant has been charged with assault as deputies of the McDowell County Sheriff’s office continue to investigate.

Out in Boyd Mills, Pa., a man in his 90s awoke to hear the sound of someone banging loudly on the rear entrance of his home. The elderly homeowner approached the door with his gun to investigate the situation. Outside, there was an unknown man who was demanding to be let inside for a cigarette. The homeowner refused to provide entry and told the man to leave the premises. Undeterred, the trespasser stated that he was coming inside anyway and pulled a weapon from his pocket.

Fearing for his life, the armed citizen raised and fired his gun—hitting the trespasser in the leg—before treating to his bedroom and calling 911. Police arrived and transported the wounded trespasser to the hospital before filing charges against him.

A disgruntled customer opened fire on employees in an IHOP during a late-night food run. The 25-year-old customer arrived at the restaurant to pick up a carry-out order and argued with one of the employees over it. Eyewitnesses reported seeing the disturbed customer leave the chain restaurant and return with a pistol in hand. Police say the customer started firing at employees and killed a 56-year-old worker.

One wounded employee pulled a concealed-carry gun and returned fire at the shooter in defense of himself and others, killing the suspected attacker. The armed citizen was taken to the hospital for treatment.

An armed citizen of the Hoosier State received an early-morning surprise while entering his car. The Kokomo, Ind., resident was getting into his car when a suspicious man wearing a bandana entered his car without warning. The driver armed himself with his firearm and warned the suspect he was armed. This did not deter the would-be carjacker, who pulled out a handgun of his own.
In response, the armed citizen fired several times at the suspect, who fled the vehicle without a fight and without firing his weapon. It is unknown if the suspect was struck, and the investigation is ongoing.

If these stories seem vague, it’s because the names and certain other details have been withheld to protect the privacy of those involved. (For obvious reasons, I’m sure that that retired Marine doesn’t want people to know his name or what type of handgun he arms himself with.)

But nevertheless, these stories are very real. And they appear in every single issue of American Rifleman, a monthly magazine.

Every.

Single.

Issue.

And these are just the stories we hear about, from people who are thoughtful enough to submit clippings to American Rifleman. There must be countless more tales of real-life crime prevention by gun owners which go unreported (except, of course, in official police records and perhaps local newspapers).

Now ask yourself:

What might have happened in these situations if the individuals involved hadn’t been armed?

That retired Marine might have been shot and killed by the burglars.

That 69-year-old grandmother might have been beaten to death by her grandson.

That 90-year-old man might have been robbed and/or murdered.

That 25-year-old ******* could have massacred everybody in the IHOP.

That Hoosier would have been carjacked, and goodness knows what else.

But none of that happened. Because somebody at the scene had a gun—and knew when and how to use it.

Did you notice a common thread in all these stories?

An armed citizen.

Not police.

A citizen.

An ordinary American citizen—armed, responsible, and ready to defend himself/herself and others if necessary.

God only knows how many lives are saved in the United States—daily—by responsible, armed citizens like these. Like I said before, there are at least five or six stories like this in every single monthly issue of American Rifleman. Good guys with guns stopping crimes from occurring, preventing rapes and murders and assaults and robberies.

Yet still, somehow, the liberal left manages to ignore this and cry for more gun control, insist that we need more regulations, demand that guns be taken out of the hands of the law-abiding.

If they succeed, the blood of those defenseless 69-year-old grandmothers and 90-year-old homeowners will be on their hands.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Banned From Books

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 14,426 Times in 3,514 Posts

Hey Mike, whatever became of the horse-guy who was riding to see you in 2013 (or around that time) and wound up getting arrested by fish and game in Colorado?

Is he still on the scene or is he incommunicardo now?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder View Post
Hey Mike, whatever became of the horse-guy who was riding to see you in 2013 (or around that time) and wound up getting arrested by fish and game in Colorado?

Is he still on the scene or is he incommunicardo now?
That was way back at least two years before I met you WR. But here is what I found doing a search and typing in " rat eater " his username but typing it on a search of my thousands of emails on the y ahoo site.

Here is one of his main posts he posted 1-09-10 on this long wilderness thread >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Eater View Post
I used to catch a lot of fish during the summer, then I would smoke and vacuum seal them or can them every year. I have experimented some on drying and grinding them into meal, made good soup but that's about it. Thanks Rat
Here is one of his messages to me sometime in 2010 that tells much about him. I don't think his email works and I kept out half of his email. Interesting but like so many especially if they never post pics and details proving what they do then not sure how much is fact or fiction.

A link to some more info if any wish to click and look at these past posts about rat eater > https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...62&page=7=#123

His main message to me > "Originally Posted by Rat Eater

Hi Mike,
We have never spoke before, I read your post tonight on your BOL idea https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...ad.php?t=89276).

I would be very interested in discussing a BOL in the national forest near you.
I lived in the Alaskan bush for 12 years off the grid as a trapper and miner, with some firefighting in the summer.
Before that I lived in a 8x12 cabin with a dirt floor for 2 years in a national forest. I currently live in the mountains of northern Arizona mountains, in the top of barn at a friends place. He is not a prepper and thinks the government is doing a fine job of pulling us through these tuff times.

Last summer I stayed in the white mountains of AZ for 2.5 months in the field alone. I have a half underground shelter about 8x10 dug into a bank in the NF about 15 or 20 miles SW of Red Feather, CO. I believe there is saftey in numbers even though the numbers may be small.

I would be very interested in the area you are, I have seen you web page and believe you are the real deal and not shooting from an armchair. If your interested my email is mr_joseywales "

Here is an email from Nov. 2011 about a year after I last heard from rat eater ( the guy who said he was riding a horse from NM to my mtn place in WY ) and this tells the most. I could spend / waste time looking for more emails etc but this should be very adequate >

Quote (Originally by desert wanderer)---
Hi Mike, Hope your summer went well. Hey, I have to tell you that Rat Eater, (Dale), contacted me under a new username/avatar. (desert hobo). When I recognized him and told him that I knew he was Rat Eater, he quit emailing me.
He said that he's dying of cancer now, but I'm not sure if I believe him. Have you heard from him?? R

---End Quote---

Good to hear from you Ri and good to know that you discovered Rat Eater. I will have to check out desert hobo - mainly just typing in that name in the members search section.
I think Dale = Rat Eater also told me he was dying of cancer but he told me many things and I dont believe most of them.
I pretty much doubt he rode a horse from AZ to NW Colorado - he said he made it to Grand Junction but got arrested for poaching deer. He had told me in at least one message that he sometimes gets a deer and make the meat into jerky. Or it was a guy named Time Walker he told me that.
I have not heard from Rat Eater for way over a year. And hope I dont hear from him anymore either. "

I doubt there are very many on the net who have posted as many pics of their BOL - retreat as I have. I likely will post a lot more pics as I have internet access which might not be very much if at all this coming summer.

And I don't think I am going to post my location anymore unless a very few I know might send me a message or email asking If they wish to visit. Someone who is very helpful sent me a good message with links showing how awful much info of mine etc. is on the net. This is gov t info and not anything that I have posted. Info about my l and etc. although the mailing addresses are old since I am No longer in Calirado.

I Must go more hardcore than ever and more later about all of that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 08:00 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

More and more people are realizing the following. I have realized it for more than thirty years and now finally am ready to move to the hopefully only place I feel and know that I am most free and where I can do much of the following without getting permission to build, work and Live! Much more to come as I finally DO permanently hopefully for the rest of my life, what I have been able to do quite a bit since I bought my remote mtn land in 1987.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 08:04 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Nice someone did a new study about this as shown and told about in the link below about women live longer if they are in nature. Doesn't matter if men live longer it seems from the article etc. Most people I know are men - real men - who live full time or part time in nature in a cabin or on a homestead even some farms.

I Finally am about ready to move permanently to my remote WY mountain retreat. I most likely will be all alone with occasional human visitors and constant wildlife visitors even some of them are full time residents. I should evict the two pikas - rock rabbits - who have taken over my sheds and bunker though.

I Hope to meet and by some kind of miracle even marry a good woman. I have little hope of any woman joining me on my mtn retreat unless I can fix it up fancy enough with a new cabin. By mid July I should have my fairly fancy Palomini camper trailer moved up there and I will build a log pole garage over it.
I cannot move up there permanently until around mid July since the work crew I am hiring does not have time to work for me until around mid July. They will only work for me for one day and it should all work out well I hope. The most expensive day ever since there are seven guys and I will have to pay them $3,000. No one else can or will move me up to my remote land and hope they will carry as much as possible way up onto my land but will see I guess.

Anyway IF there is a good woman somewhere out there or IF any of my internet friends know of a good woman who at Least would come up to visit me on my mtn retreat west of Encampment, WY then please send me a message or post.

Thanks, take care and good luck everyone. We all could use some good luck although I am going to try harder than ever to create my own luck from now on.

https://thehomestead.guru/new-study-...sdEDbJqUucVOhI

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post: