Ladies Section***Neighbors/Son - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here

Old 05-25-2019, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Default Ladies Section***Neighbors/Son

Advertise Here

If ever there was a reason I wouldn't let my son moved back in, this might be it i.e., the neighbors. In addition to being an alcoholic (see: Like Clockwork) he's used a neighbor for his own gain (intentially)...again.
I could see it when he was best buds with my closest neighbor, borrowing money till payday etc., but any way you look at it, it's still theft IMO and it falls back upon me...everytime. They don't BLAME me, but I have to hear their bitching .
This time, he took off with 2 fishing poles + money with a not so chummy neighbor, one that would help a person out in his or her hour of need. Now you know how some/most men feel about their fishing poles? Kind of like they're sacred? The N left me a note, but I'm sure I haven't heard the last of it, I should be so lucky, LOL.
Meanwhile, another N ( 1 of 4) has recently moved in. I live near town, but the properties aren't jammed together like some might be, most have 1/2 to 1 acre plots, but this particular N is seen daily out my dining room window where I just happen to have my computer set up with no choice of moving it at this time. I find them a bit strange or odd. What's strange/odd about them is they have electricity, but every night (so far) I see them walking around outside with a flashlight. It's creepy and often pointed MY way, which has NO logic in the act of doing so because there's a narrow alley between us. I'm like, "What gives?" with these people?
They're of Mexican decent. I have no qualms about living next door to them or any others for that matter, I just find this odd behavior. As I said, they have electricity. When they get done doing the FL number, then & only then, they turn on a light in the 2nd story window, but never more than that. No, they don't have room darkening curtains.
I'm not the nosy type, but this is a bit strange IMO. Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019, 12:47 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 14,847 Times in 3,612 Posts

Maybe they are hunting for night crawlers for fishing .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

LOL, maybe...but I seriously doubt it. I haven't seen them with ANY fishing poles . It's a mystery, that's for sure.
N#2 just left here. He doesn't blame me for my son's actions and he's seen enough to know the score where son is concerned AND know that I'm NOT like him. He's been taught better.
Well, at least I have son to thank for a new washer/dryer set he bought me for Christmas and a few other things, BUT his constant bragging about it was really getting on my nerves. 6 months later he was taking pictures .
Old 06-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Canning queen

Thanked 1,282 Times in 627 Posts

Frankly? I'd warn all neighbors as they moved in, and let the chips fall where they may. If you give them fair warning and they _still_ get used? Not your circus, not your monkeys.

As for the other neighbors, why don't you just ask? Casually, as in "hey, I see you out a lot with a flashlight. What are you looking for? Maybe I could help..." At the very least, they'll tell you no, the best, they'll tell you what they are doing.

catfeet, who's too blunt for her own good
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

SON: Of my 4 neighors, 2 already know, maybe even the 3rd too. He's left the area.
I'd ask the new neighbors, but I'm near deaf, 90%. It makes it hard to converse . I'll just watch, wait and see