Peanut Powder - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Food and water Discussion on food and water storage, water purification and related topics.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"A Little Powder, A Lotta Lead, Shoot'em Once, They'll be Dead Outpost75 Pistol and Revolver Forum 3 03-31-2019 07:37 PM
Mother Hubbard Recipes NY Min Food and water 154 03-20-2019 06:36 AM
1st Black Powder Rifle Advice Woodsman 16 Black powder 60 11-28-2018 11:09 AM
SHTF Reload Questions Potawami II Firearms General Discussion 49 05-16-2018 10:46 AM
Looking for a basic LTS Food Cookbook AlisonLeah Food and water 53 09-13-2017 10:05 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 04:48 PM
pikepole20 pikepole20 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 4
Thanked 122 Times in 30 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Or......they could avoid screwing up in the first place and put aside fat stores that don't suffer from rapid rancidity issues.



You make the argument like someone saying they will use the .22 derringer to defend themselves if that's all they have, whereas the other guy holds up his AR that he got before SHTF and rightly calls the first guy an idiot.



The better-than-nothing argument only works if you never had other options. Typical armchair prepper failed logic.
Hey look, all said was that if things get really bad people will eat what they have or what they can take. It does not matter if it is peanut butter, a can of corn, or a can if spam. There may be consequences but my guess is a lot people would do that rather than starve. Some foods do not last as long as others; that is a fact. If you store items, we must keep this in mind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to pikepole20 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 05:04 PM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,659
Thanks: 24,961
Thanked 50,296 Times in 17,698 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikepole20 View Post
Hey look, all said was that if things get really bad people will eat what they have or what they can take. It does not matter if it is peanut butter, a can of corn, or a can if spam. There may be consequences but my guess is a lot people would do that rather than starve. Some foods do not last as long as others; that is a fact. If you store items, we must keep this in mind.
Lowest denominator argument. People will boil their shoes if they get hungry enough. Doesn't mean I'm going to stock shoes for food.

Today the world is working normally and all the stores are open. Therefore, if I want long life emergency food then I have the ability to obtain it. If I'm boiling shoes after SHTF then I must have wasted this perfect opportunity to do something about it.

If you are eating rancid short life fats after SHTF then that's completely on you and your failure to act.

Claiming that was your only option is false.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 05:11 PM
pikepole20 pikepole20 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 4
Thanked 122 Times in 30 Posts
Default

That is very true. Do your best while you can and don't whine later. Those will be the very ones trying to take stuff I am afraid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2019, 05:36 PM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,659
Thanks: 24,961
Thanked 50,296 Times in 17,698 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikepole20 View Post
Those will be the very ones trying to take stuff I am afraid.
That's why I didn't settle for a .22 derringer.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 05:43 PM
pikepole20 pikepole20 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 48
Thanks: 4
Thanked 122 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Me either

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 06:19 PM
Colt's Avatar
Colt Colt is offline
Simple Goat Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,661
Thanks: 14,954
Thanked 25,983 Times in 6,931 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
hmmm....





You mean like that BS where you chose to quit a high paying physician's job to become a street cop?

Or are you going to keep distorting facts?

My so-claimed prestige job at the pharmacy has been at terminal velocity since the 1980's because that was the last time I was paid for it. Unlike you, I chose to volunteer at the valuable society service job and pay for doing it by reaching a higher benchmark in another career. I've been a state licensed Professional Engineer for decades while I volunteer at the VA hospital intravenous nutrition lab.

Basically you claim to have given away a better job for one that makes you feel you are doing something more important to society. Doctor to cop downgrade. Whereas I chose to keep volunteering at the hospital keeping people alive while funding it with a new professional career. Truth be told, you just screwed up. Cop shops nationwide allow for volunteer officers and deputies. You threw away a better paycheck for nothing. I didn't.

So please wax on about your glorious career moves at the expense of mine. It's like a hippie in a roadside tent saying he gave up his Palo Alto coding job because he felt he was using a disproportionate share of global resources. In the end you sound full of **** about screwing up your life.
Still no idea where you came up with all that stuff. I didn't tell you half the things you think you know about me. But actually I'm not working as a cop right now. Got a little experience in because no one will touch a new cop without experience who's not a 21 year old football player. Trying to get a reserve position with some regular part time hours set up closer to home and get some full time medical work lined back up. As you said, I was losing money by working where I was. It wasn't for economic reasons, and I said from the beginning that's what I was planning to do.

Not sure what all that has to do with this thread though.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,659
Thanks: 24,961
Thanked 50,296 Times in 17,698 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Still no idea where you came up with all that stuff.
Your own words. So you don't keep me apprised about your latest stumbles in life, but when I used to challenge you on medical points you were woefully sloppy on you just had to misdirect the point by saying you quit medicine to become a cop. I told you that if true it was a loser move, and behold I'm proved prescient about. At this point all you've done is make it sound like with medical school and criminal justice education you are lucky to have even the cashier's job at the front of the pharmacy.

Quote:
Not sure what all that has to do with this thread though.
It's a bit ironic you chose to quote the entirety of my post because it has a response worth repeating given you wanted to attack someone's pedigree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
He's just a pharmacy worker at an older age. It's too late for him to gain any prestige in his real life.
Time for another hmmmmmmmm......

If you don't want your background dragged in the mud then I don't suggest posting attacks about others' when you are sitting in an applicant's waiting room.

You seem to have urges to yank my chain. Maybe you should try something else so you can avoid what happens next.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
Colt's Avatar
Colt Colt is offline
Simple Goat Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,661
Thanks: 14,954
Thanked 25,983 Times in 6,931 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Your own words. So you don't keep me apprised about your latest stumbles in life, but when I used to challenge you on medical points you were woefully sloppy on you just had to misdirect the point by saying you quit medicine to become a cop. I told you that if true it was a loser move, and behold I'm proved prescient about. At this point all you've done is make it sound like with medical school and criminal justice education you are lucky to have even the cashier's job at the front of the pharmacy.



It's a bit ironic you chose to quote the entirety of my post because it has a response worth repeating given you wanted to attack someone's pedigree.



Time for another hmmmmmmmm......

If you don't want your background dragged in the mud then I don't suggest posting attacks about others' when you are sitting in an applicant's waiting room.

You seem to have urges to yank my chain. Maybe you should try something else so you can avoid what happens next.
I just find this funny. It's also evidence of what I said earlier. Zeke's insecure about his place in life and is just trying to gain some prestige. That's why it's such a huge thing for him to try to compete with me on who's the most prestigious and who has the better job or whatever other measure of who's more important to the world. For whatever reason he thinks I'm above him and he has to climb over me to reach the top.

He's the only one playing though. I've already figured out that stuff's pointless. I could be king of the world. I'm still a weirdo and I'm not going to win any popularity contests.

Speaking of which, I should probably skip out here before the mods come after me for letting this get so off topic.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,659
Thanks: 24,961
Thanked 50,296 Times in 17,698 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
For whatever reason he thinks I'm above him and he has to climb over me to reach the top.
.....says the guy who started this job insult crap.

__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net