Survivalist Forum banner

Homeowner Kills 2 of 3 Home Invaders, Neighbor Nabs Third

7K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  Littlebits 
#1 ·
This guy shoots 3 armed intruders , killing two and wounding one. Then his gun jams? The other guy ran though and the neighbor stopped him.

All three where violent criminals. The survivor is facing 2 murder counts and a home invasion charge. I’m guessing he gets 25 years or more.

The article says homeowner was gun collector who posted pictures of his collection on social media.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/l...asion/67-202ec38a-761e-48e0-be15-5b95978a91ed

#2 ·
Why it is good to have a backup gun or three.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/07/10/fl-gun-owner-multiple-armed-intruders/

The homeowner shot and killed the first intruder and then took out the second one, who was right behind the first.

At some point, one of the three intruders managed to fire a gun. But, the homeowner was able to shoot him, too, before his gun jammed.

When the homeowner’s gun jammed, he went to grab another one. At that moment, the third intruder managed to get up and run away. But, a neighbor stopped him in his tracks and held him at gunpoint outside until Pasco County deputies arrived.

Authorities say the 19-year-old surviving intruder was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive. He is being charged with two counts of second-degree homicide and one count of home invasion robbery.

--------

Of course, clearing jams may be faster than going for another gun. In any case, good to have a plan b, c and d.

#6 ·
Not a bad idea. My back up for years has been an AK with a 30 round mag. My primary has always been a revolver loaded up with hollowpoints. Simplicity, no jams. If its crazy enough for a backup, AKs never jam and they bring the thunder up close. When I'm out and about, my backup is an automatic. Never jammed in over 1k rounds.

#9 ·
Not mythical at all. Revolvers never jam, they are point and squeeze. Are you talking cowboy guns or shooting? Waste of money and time. Got little enough of either. Sounds stupid.

My revolver is a feathrrlight snubby in front pocket behind folded piece of mail
. AK behind crown molding of armoir. One pull and ready to go. 3000k rounds through that one. When we are out I have a CZ compact at my 6 for a pull, as backup to the snubby. I slouch anyway so well covered.

What mythical element exists there? Same principal as transitioning to your sidearm.....repeat x 1000. My kids grew up with this. Is there something you want to say to me, buddy? Spit it out....

#25 ·
Not mythical at all. Revolvers never jam, they are point and squeeze. Are you talking cowboy guns or shooting? Waste of money and time. Got little enough of either. Sounds stupid.

My revolver is a feathrrlight snubby in front pocket behind folded piece of mail
. AK behind crown molding of armoir. One pull and ready to go. 3000k rounds through that one. When we are out I have a CZ compact at my 6 for a pull, as backup to the snubby. I slouch anyway so well covered.

What mythical element exists there? Same principal as transitioning to your sidearm.....repeat x 1000. My kids grew up with this. Is there something you want to say to me, buddy? Spit it out....
That is completely untrue. They may not jam as often but when they do jam/fail, they do it spectacularly.

#15 ·
#16 ·
A LESSON LEARNED????

OK,
Couple of things would come into play here.

FIRST, what is the history of the home owner/shooter?
How much range time
what caliber
how many rounds fired
how familiar with the equipment
has he ever been under fire before
has the gun been in the sock drawer for the last 15 years before needing it
how many rounds have gone through the gun, was it even test fired prior to be put away (You would be amazed at the number of folks who bought a gun for defense, had to use it for defense, and had NEVER fired it before they NEEDED it...
Whether or not the guy actually ever tried clearing drills... that is whistling in the dark by the graveyard.

All of the above have a great deal to do with the performance of the firearm used. I found in investigating LOTS of shootings that the best stances and grips are not always used when the balloon goes up, especially for first timers. They thrust the gun in the general direction and hope for the best, meanwhile their grip does not allow the gun to cycle properly as it was designed and they may get off one or two shots before the gun is torqued enough to cause "wimp wristing" which causes almost as many malfunctions as lack of maintenance of the weapon. Newtons 3rd law of physics is always taken into consideration when a gun is designed.

The failure of the weapon to function properly..even a Gluck, is not always the fault of the gun but the nut holding the grips.

Just throw'n it out there.

#22 ·
A LESSON LEARNED????

They thrust the gun in the general direction and hope for the best, meanwhile their grip does not allow the gun to cycle properly as it was designed and they may get off one or two shots before the gun is torqued enough to cause "wimp wristing" which causes almost as many malfunctions as lack of maintenance of the weapon. Newtons 3rd law of physics is always taken into consideration when a gun is designed.

The failure of the weapon to function properly..even a Glock, is not always the fault of the gun but the nut holding the grips.
Even with what little bit of the story is covered, is the first thing came to mind.

#17 ·
Some people buy their first defence gun,buy some cheap ammo ,go home load it and stick it away. Then they wonder why it fails to function in action. I've had gun fail to function in the field when they've gotten a bunch of dirt in them but cleared it. Only once have I ever had a mechanical failure . A firing pin buffer broke.

#23 ·
There was a recent video posted here of a cop rushed by a guy with a knife. Cop's gun jammed but he quickly cleared it. Couldn't find it on google but another instance came up just in michigan where again cop's gun jammed and she had to clear it, video was posted by police but later taken down.

#24 ·
no jam... she accidentally locked the slide open.. only to have the attacker grab her weapon, and somehow the slide released... she then shot him in the leg, racked, then shot him a couple more times... video below....

She's really lucky... she let him close distance... and he actually was on her.

Reactions: dmas
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.