The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rriley For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 05:48 PM

Crooked as a dogs hind leg
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mopar367 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 05:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,045 Times in 2,718 Posts

Over half of congress are millionaires. Her husband owns a venture capital firm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 05:54 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 31,250 Times in 10,761 Posts

Nazi Poopcity Piglosi Screecher of the House. She may die rich but she will always be corrupt and ugly. I hope they put her on a quarter, so she can be an eternal 2 bit whore.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,613 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmas View Post
Over half of congress are millionaires. Her husband owns a venture capital firm.
Most congressmen are going to be well educated, successful, and in mid career- unless you are a priest or in the military, you would expect them to have saved up over a million dollars. SS pays very little ( percentage wise) to higher earners. If I pay in til I hit 62, with 40 years of paying post college, I’ll get Just less than 1/7 my salary.

I’m sure some of the more skilled union workers, have a similar amount their union is holding for them. Ditto other good public pensions.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:14 PM
Target Shooter

$196,000 x 1000 years in politics, I guess it adds up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zebra007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 09:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 39,167 Times in 9,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_boy View Post
Most congressmen are going to be well educated, successful, and in mid career- unless you are a priest or in the military,
Or Bernie Sanders. Who now, ironically, is one of the class he laments about.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 03:05 AM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 22,149 Times in 6,175 Posts

Nancy Pelosi was born in Baltimore, Maryland to Annunciata M. “Nancy” D’Alesandro and Thomas D’Alexsandro Jr. She grew up with her family learning politics from her father, Thomas. Under his leadership as Mayor, the Baltimore mafia flourished with impunity. They were called the “Baltimore Crew,” and were probably the most untouched mafia crew in the United States. They controlled gambling, extortion, drug, labor and prostitution rackets with impunity, and many attribute this to Nancy’s father.

One of the most untouchable and unknown Mob capos in America reigned right under the nose of Washington DC, all allegedly thanks to Nancy Pelosi’s father. The crew was ran for most of it’s years by Vit, Pasquale and Frank Corbi, AKA the Corbi brothers.

Pelosi’s brother then took up the reigns as Mayor of Baltimore after his father, being handed it by political powers in the City. It was during his tenure that the Baltimore race riots happened. Nancy pelosi’s brother oversaw the burning of Baltimore in race riots.

As for her husband Paul Pelosi, very little is known about him publicly. The Pelosis have apparently gone through a great deal to hide how he made his wealth, or where it came from.

He owns and operates a Venture Capital and Real Estate firm out of San Francisco called Fiancial Leasing Services, which has made him millions over the decades.

He has taken great care to avoid any type of controversy, and his company cant even be found as advertising anywhere online if one were to look.

The Washington Times found one way that this secretive company out of San Francisco makes it’s wealth: his wife’s super PAC funds. The newspaper found that Nancy Pelosi has steered at least 6 figures into the company under the guise of utility and rent expenses used from his firm. Just another way that the Pelosis use corruption to enrich themselves.

(article: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-spouses-firm/ )

As for Pelosi’s son, Paul Pelosi Jr., using fraud to enrich oneself goes with the family. Paulie Jr. tried following in his father’s footsteps and cofounded a venture capital firm called Natural Blue Resources inc., meant to be enviromentally friendly venture capitalism. But it didn’t last long after 4 of the founders were all charged by the SEC with criminal counts of fraud and suspended trading of the shares. Paulie Jr. had 10 million shares frozen.

(article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/comp...urities-fraud/ )

The SEC alleged that the company was secretly controlled by two convicts barred from being involved in publicly traded companies. Their names were Joe Corazzi and James Cohen. Both were previously indicted and Cohen was incarcerated for financial fraud crimes. Corazzi was barred from being on any board again. They were publicly “outside consultants” but in actually controlled day to day decisions and never disclosed to their investors their criminal past. They’d also enriched themselves on the company. Pelosi Jr. dodged any indictments himself, one of the only cofounders to walk away unscathed from the incident. But ironically every other board member was tarnished by the indictments.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 03:50 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,526 Posts

No doubts that like nearly every politician of long tenure she would have benefited in ways not exactly transparent I believe Paul Pelosi is worth a bit with extensive business interests.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 43,567 Times in 9,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriley View Post
As a public servant her salary is about $200k per year, generously.

She's been in office for ~50 years.

Assuming she's worth $200 million, she's made $4 million per year on her $200k annual salary, or ~20x her salary. And that's been through some of the worst financial crisis periods with several massive economic crashes.

I would expect of course she'd have qualified investment teams and some business interests, but 20x her salary in returns???? It's impossible to believe she's not putting her hands on the scales of corruption with those returns.

Quite the con job I'd say.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 39,167 Times in 9,232 Posts

You people do know that she comes from money and that her husband has been quite successful in his career as well. Of course, having insider information is always helpful as we recently discovered regarding how well they did with their sale of AMZN stock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 10:55 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,613 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
You people do know that she comes from money and that her husband has been quite successful in his career as well. Of course, having insider information is always helpful as we recently discovered regarding how well they did with their sale of AMZN stock.
Not to mention the OP’s first quote looks like a computer generated article. It doesn’t give any sources. The roll call article Source of Wikipedia puts her worth at a whole lot less.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,218 Times in 3,428 Posts

If I had a net worth of $100,000,000+, I certainly wouldn't be spending my time in Washington DC bickering with people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdog67 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 01:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,411 Times in 6,871 Posts

Uber rich and sexy as hell. What a combo!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 30,017 Times in 7,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
If I had a net worth of $100,000,000+, I certainly wouldn't be spending my time in Washington DC bickering with people.
It's the POWER Jdog. And lack of common sense.

My wife and I are so pleased we escaped California 5 and a half years ago and are no longer represented by the folks voted in by the populace. I cringe every time I see Pelosi and think back to those days.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,626 Times in 5,947 Posts

And they are never audited or have to show a 1099 on any of it. At age 80 the only reason to stay in a job is the money and in politics we are talking about sick money. Helping your constituents comes last as a priority. Unfortunately this is a wide spread practice in DC.

Look at LBJ, he was the model for graft and payola for decades. Up until the CR Act of 1964, he had nothing to show for all his years in office. If JFK had not been killed, he would have been investigated. The wheels were already in motion and he was not to be on the 1964 JFK ticket.