Survivalist Forum banner

KY Meet up????

9K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  SASpike 
#1 ·
I've been around on the forums for a long time, and I rarely post in the KY section. Is anyone else here around KY willing to meet up for a range trip or some map reading / first aid? I normally wouldn't endorse meeting preppers online, but it seems like now may be the time to start reaching out and networking.

I'm in SW KY, and would be willing to travel as far as louisville/lexington for a KY meeting if we could get something together.

#5 ·
Maybe. At some point. I'm good with either BGSL or Knob Creek, although BGSL is much closer to me. I really don't want to be the only female there, though.

#6 ·
Maybe. At some point. I'm good with either BGSL or Knob Creek, although BGSL is much closer to me.
I am going to second your 'maybe'. Not to be too paranoid, but this is still the internet and the Feds/State Police love to stake out the larger ranges looking for militias.

I really don't want to be the only female there, though.
I don't blame you on that one, we are all a bunch of internet weirdos.

#8 ·
Meeting up can be a little nervous, but meeting up to perform 'maneuvers' is not a good idea due to the recent events. I know for a fact that the the local LEO's like to go to those meetings and gather personal information on the people involved. I have a friends and co-workers in the LE community who do just that.

Meeting up is not a bad idea, but start small, don't jump into the whole 'maneuvers' and 'movement' thing first. :thumb:

#22 ·
How do we move forward with this? Not to sound paranoid but I'm paranoid.
I am paranoid with you. :thumb:

Are there questions that people want asked about our personal beliefs and ideas?
A 'get to know everyone' get together would probably be best. Nothing invasive, nothing like "Here is the code/passphrase to my bunker/missile silo home" etc.

That way we don't get a crazy guy.
Wait, you have talked to people in KY, right? :upsidedown:

#31 ·
Just meeting the neighbors

I live in Louisville, a friend of mine and I been preppers for years, I would like to talk to you all if we agree on a date and a place. I don't think that meeting for something else then talk would be a great idea, either way I'll be there

#34 ·
Well since this isn't going anywhere I'm going to setup a meet and see if anyone is interested.

cancelled

Outback Steak House
3322 Outer Loop
Louisville, KY 40219

I picked this location because it is near the I65 and Gene Synder intersection and is hopefully convenient for everyone.

If anyone has a better time/date/location feel free to make suggestions. If this is ok for everyone I'll start a new thread so hopefully everyone will see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.