Old 08-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,025 Times in 18,709 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default How do you pray?

Advertise Here

Prayer. I'm sure it's a personal thing to all of us but I'm just as sure that no two people pray exactly alike.

Christ told us to "pray thusly" and proceeded to offer up what we know as "the Lord's prayer." But I don't believe that He limited us to just that prayer. So how do you pray? Is there a particular formula that you follow or think everyone should follow?

I'm a bit lazy in this department. When I feel that my back is against a wall and I'm facing a trial, I may get on my knees in humility and pray fervently for God's urgent help. But when times aren't as tough, I may just lay in bed with my head against my pillow and reflect on the events of the day or life in general and casually speak with God. I may thank Him for all He provides or I may ask for general guidance or I may pray for folks I've never met who are suffering with a major issue of some sort or I'll pray for truth.

Does anyone have a set pattern? Time of day? Certain posture? A preset script?