I am sick of these idiot's on gunbroker.com - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone on here use Gunbroker? Redhorse7644 The Tech Zone 10 03-19-2015 07:46 PM
Gunbroker feedback ZombieDeuce Firearms General Discussion 19 06-10-2014 09:13 PM
Gunbroker.com question Chipper88 Firearms General Discussion 15 03-17-2013 11:33 PM
Gunbroker.com Prepping Military Weapons Forum 21 11-12-2012 01:51 PM
gunbroker.com Mogli Firearms General Discussion 22 05-31-2012 07:06 AM
Sick, sick,sick jerks. Pangea General Discussion 17 07-21-2011 12:17 PM
Jennifer Petkov and husband, sick sick sick .... Gallo Pazzesco General Discussion 38 10-20-2010 08:22 AM
Gunbroker.com registration stevegee58 Firearms General Discussion 23 08-21-2009 10:37 AM
Gunbroker to Europe Despierto Skandinaviske 2 08-03-2009 09:57 PM
Gunbroker 1eaglescout Firearms General Discussion 10 11-15-2008 02:41 PM

Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 AM
I love this forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusken Raider View Post
I shoot airsoft and pellet guns for practice. Ammo is just too pricey for real firearms to be shot due to the hoarding. Walmart has a three box limit in my area. I bought 6 boxes of ak ammo over two days at 5.17 per box. Another local store has remington .45 acp for $25 for a box of 50.

I figured if .22 is so far and few between and so expensive, I prefer to buy larger cal ammo to stockpile little by little.
One part of your comment you mention ( Hoarding ) then you prefer to buy larger cal. to ( stockpile ) LMAO.......Think about it............
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Hiker

If you don't like the prices on Gunbroker, don't buy there.

Problem solved.

People are only charging what they are because it's moving. Eventually, if enough people stop buying then the sellers will start lowering prices again.

I have done very little purchases outside of retail or close to retail pricing, avoiding the price hikes. Either I pay the price or I choose to ignore the item, it's really that simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustPlainT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,886 Times in 1,549 Posts

They are also hoarding at my local Wal-Mart. I suggested they limit the purchase to one box per customer. They now have a limit of three boxes for customer. They line up every afternoon at 4PM when the truck comes in so they can hoard the ammo. This shows what the nature of People will be when the SHTF. People are animals.

I was in a neighboring city at another Wal-Mart a month ago and they had 22 ammo. I bought one box and left the rest for other people.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlainT View Post
If you don't like the prices on Gunbroker, don't buy there.

Problem solved.

People are only charging what they are because it's moving. Eventually, if enough people stop buying then the sellers will start lowering prices again.

I have done very little purchases outside of retail or close to retail pricing, avoiding the price hikes. Either I pay the price or I choose to ignore the item, it's really that simple.
Thing is, they aren't selling. If you search for a Sub2000 in 9mm Glock you can see a huge variance in price, $550, $600, $600, $799 (includes extra mag), $849 used with 4 30rd mags. They have been coming down from around $1200.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 AM
that's like, your opinion

Thanked 24,332 Times in 10,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infntryman86 View Post
Okay I am sorry l try not to rant on here but wtf.
why are people still trying to get ridiculous scare prices on there. When I can go to almost any online retailer and get the gun tgey are offering for hundreds less. I understand that they were stupid and paid 2k for a wasr10 or a saiga but stop being greedy and bite the bullet and sell for the current price thats business. If I bought silver high I don't go around trying to sell it for 60 an ounce when spot is 20. Dont try to trick people by putting rare in a the title of your polish tantal then charge 800 for it. It makes me so mad.
there is a sucker born every minute and the sellers on gunbroker try to take advantage of certain consumers information asymmetry (i.e. their stupidity with regards to current market prices and conditions)...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Chef,cook & bottle washer

More power to'em, I guess. They will not get any of my money, but I would venture to guess, they are getting somebodies or they wouldn't be doing it.
I did see some AR-10 Armalite mags on AL...for the "reduced price" of $69.99. Apparently they were worth $120 a piece but he wanted to make someone a deal...all the while you could go straight to Armalite and buy a 10 pack for $28 a mag or individuals for $35.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
I have a gunshop near me like that.....ridiculas prices. I'm all for making a profit but it comes a time when the prices get insulting. And sure it's their shop and they can price things the way they want to but don't act like everyone is window shopping and wasting their time when no one buys their over priced crap. This place I'm talking about is more of a hobby type business gun shop......they have other jobs that they pay their bills with.

Same with gunbroker.....some people have seemingly lost their freakin mind.
STOP GOING THERE... find a reputable and honorable shop. I'm lucky and my shop sales everything for pre-Obama prices. They don't get stuff in as often as they normally would and they leave the shop pretty quick, but when they have something... it's for normal prices. I'm glad it's out in the sticks and hard to find.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,253 Times in 619 Posts

If you want to see inflated prices, go to a gun show some time. I'm not just talking about during a panic. I've been to many gun shows and never seen anything that I would call a good price, except for one time when a guy only had 4 AK mags on his whole table and the price was reasonable. Maybe he didn't know what he had or he was just trying to clear them out. I know people have all sorts of tips and tricks for getting stuff at gun shows, but I've never seen any decent private sales and the prices on the table are usually a couple hundred bucks over retail.
The Following User Says Thank You to arnoldrew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Shade Tree Gynecologist

Thanked 6,853 Times in 2,313 Posts

Not to change the subject but I have an almost new polymer New Frontier lower I'm willing to get rid of for only $350. PM if interested.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCPigpen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 AM
What would Mal do

Thanked 7,688 Times in 2,582 Posts

mom always said.. "takes two to tango...'

long as folks continue to panic buy and pay dumb prices, then the gunbroker opportunists will continue to risk their speculative investment funds buying the supplies.
I actually was patient back during the height of the school shooting mess and found a gun I had been wanting..got it at the normal retail price from a reputable gun store...the manufacturers retail was $575 and that's what i paid for it..the shop had a second one left in inventory and they said they were going to post it on gunbroker...so out of curiosity i watched their auction..the second gun sold for $975.

as for 22lr... i still don't get it...it's not end of days ammo choice beyond maybe 500 rds? I'm not going to make a zombie stand with 22, and I don't see myself shooting 500 wild rabbits before the supply is exhausted so what the heck is the deal? sure i enjoy target fun with my Rugers...but hasn't hurt my feelings a bit to simply hybernate my 22...so there's about 1500 rds tucked away cause it was easy in the past to simply buy a 500ct box at walmart...I just can't imagine standing in line at 5am for a lousy box of 22? what the heck.

let these gunbroker guys, show guys etc sit on a spare bedroom full of inventory for a few more months...when their rent comes due...you'll see the ammo prices start to look normal.. it's really not that hard..
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Hiker

All I have to say is get ready for mid-term elections.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Almost home

Some things have fundamentally changed in the ammo markets.

The ability and quantity of ammunition you can buy at any price may change at any time, by a simple executive order.

Buy what you can, pay what you can afford.

How much would you pay for a box of 22s if you knew it was the last you could ever purchase?

IMHO the 22 situation has gotten worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlnpa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Trapper

Looks like you aren't using search very effectively. Like other auction sites, there are lots of highball prices but there are cheaper competitors.
- select new/used etc as desired
- Buy it now (no reserve if you chose auctions/all)
- click on price header as needed to sort by ascending price
- add caliber to eliminate the 22lr lookalikes
- add barrel length etc to eliminate receivers were necessary (AR-15).
- note you may have to remove some qualifiers when doing a new search.
ARs start around $600 and AKs around $460, saigas around $600 (one untested for less).
The Following User Says Thank You to technoprepper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 152,767 Times in 44,507 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I remember getting a bunch of laughs at gun shows after the first big buying rush in 2008. Guys coming in and trying to get $1,500 for a $700 AR because that's what they paid for it a few months earlier.

I'd remind them that they are not going to get their money back out of it at the current low prices. To either sell it at current prices, get some of their money back, and consider it a lesson learned. Or keep it, and consider it a lesson learned. Or wait till the next buying rush, get their money back then, and consider it a lesson learned. But most of all, LEARN THE LESSON! I got a few dirty looks over that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,162 Times in 512 Posts

I've been to hundreds of gunshows in my life. From Virginia to Arizona to the Midwest they are all pretty much the same...overpriced. Gunshows are pretty much synonymous with ripoff (includes lying, fraud, fakes, etc). They are the ultimate "buyer beware". I learned this early and the hard way.

I view on-line "auction" sites as nothing more than electronic versions of gunshows. Electronic is so much easier than dragging your crap around to show after show. Its countless how many times I've seen a seller peddling the same gun(s) from show to show. Its their problem not mine so I don't waste time bellyaching about it.

You can find decent deals at shows or on-line, you just have to be persistent and patient. I've been skipping more gunshows in recent years unless there is something specific I'm looking for. Basically its "speed shopping". It dramatically reduces time being crammed into narrow isles with persons who haven't seen a bath in some time or listening to stupidity on both sides of the tables. Its just I've become weary of the same repeated scenery like watching repeated reruns on TV. Same with on-line sites, I don't browse around usually.

One thing I don't see is griping about prices at live auctions. You want to talk about some crazy prices being paid, that's a good way to see it in action. I've been outbid countless times by someone who was willing to pay more but again I don't waste time thinking about it. If I need instant gratification I'd better be willing to pay for it.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Some guy on the internet

Thanked 5,693 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill H View Post
I've been to hundreds of gunshows in my life. From Virginia to Arizona to the Midwest they are all pretty much the same...overpriced. Gunshows are pretty much synonymous with ripoff (includes lying, fraud, fakes, etc). They are the ultimate "buyer beware". I learned this early and the hard way.

I view on-line "auction" sites as nothing more than electronic versions of gunshows. Electronic is so much easier than dragging your crap around to show after show. Its countless how many times I've seen a seller peddling the same gun(s) from show to show. Its their problem not mine so I don't waste time bellyaching about it.

You can find decent deals at shows or on-line, you just have to be persistent and patient. I've been skipping more gunshows in recent years unless there is something specific I'm looking for. Basically its "speed shopping". It dramatically reduces time being crammed into narrow isles with persons who haven't seen a bath in some time or listening to stupidity on both sides of the tables. Its just I've become weary of the same repeated scenery like watching repeated reruns on TV. Same with on-line sites, I don't browse around usually.

One thing I don't see is griping about prices at live auctions. You want to talk about some crazy prices being paid, that's a good way to see it in action. I've been outbid countless times by someone who was willing to pay more but again I don't waste time thinking about it. If I need instant gratification I'd better be willing to pay for it.
Meh, i still go to gun shows so i can check out and hold alot of the models i want then go to the LGS and have them order me one up or set up alerts at some of the gun deal sites, it is crazy how some of these guys want MSRP for a obviously used gun, why would i buy a used gun when i can get a new one cheaper even after taxes and FFL fees?

the other thing about gun shows i like though is you do find some guys that are making gear or are just starting out trying to make a business of things and you can pick up some nice stuff for a good price because they have yet to make a name for themselves, I've gotten some good quality pouches, holsters ect,ect for very good prices because they don't have massive en vogue name brands attached to them... on the other hand there's always those guys who are trying to sell crap for 120% the cost of what good quality stuff goes for..... i guess it really does come down to your knowledge of what your buying...I'm weird like that though, i just spent a week researching toasters to make sure i was getting the best value for money, lol
Old 01-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Some guy on the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnpa View Post
Some things have fundamentally changed in the ammo markets.

The ability and quantity of ammunition you can buy at any price may change at any time, by a simple executive order.

Buy what you can, pay what you can afford.

How much would you pay for a box of 22s if you knew it was the last you could ever purchase?

IMHO the 22 situation has gotten worse.
you just got to keep your eyes open and be quick to the punch or deal with things being on back order.

......here, backorder this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/290...int#3330rounds

$170 or so for 3330 round is about 5~7 cents a round by the time your done.

I'd go with that over the 330 round box since the limit is 1 box per customer...not the best price but better than what else is out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loki81 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Almost home

Thank you Mr King.

I did put the 3330 on backorder.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Some guy on the internet

525 for $25 http://www.slickguns.com/product/rem...scription=ammo
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Old Noob

Thanked 9,909 Times in 4,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachMed View Post
They keep asking these outrageous prices because people keep paying them.

Stop paying and the prices will come down.

This. Its called capitalism. Don't like the price...shop somewhere else.