Guerilla Warfare,WROL, and how long you can expect to live... - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best US State for Guerilla Warfare Capital_T General Discussion 124 04-19-2013 07:06 PM
New File Added: Guerilla Warfare And Special Forces Operations ranger443 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 04-18-2013 05:54 PM
Modern book on Guerilla Warfare. shooterm Books, Movies & Stories 17 08-09-2012 06:22 PM
New File Added: Guerilla Warfare tactics in urban environment grog Urban Survival 5 07-29-2012 06:30 PM
Guerilla warfare. East in the West Urban Survival 45 02-26-2012 07:05 AM
How long do you expect your BOV to last? offroadracer99 Vehicles & Transportation 13 08-28-2010 01:54 AM
New File Added: CIA Manual - Psychological Operations in Guerilla Warfare. TcCoVeN Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 05-28-2009 07:15 PM
"Guerilla Warfare" book GhOstkrieg Books, Movies & Stories 5 05-21-2009 03:37 PM
Sons of Liberty Guerilla Warfare Training arrexian Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 28 05-30-2008 07:34 AM
Guerilla Warfare In A Modern American City Kalashnikov General Discussion 47 05-17-2008 09:58 PM

Old 06-08-2011, 10:52 AM
I sell US Military MRE's

Thanked 8,629 Times in 3,291 Posts

Advertise Here

Sniping has its place in warfare and those trained as snipers know you need to have a plan and an exit strategy. People shoot back when shot at and things evolve quickly.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NHP1127 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 26,551 Times in 10,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP1127 View Post
Sniping has its place in warfare and those trained as snipers know you need to have a plan and an exit strategy. People shoot back when shot at and things evolve quickly.
another thing alot of people forget is that while 10% of the snipers job revolves around shooting and target elimination the other 90% is recon as sniper teams are more easily deployed to the front lines and beyond and are battalion and brigade assets for intell lotta "sniper" missions will be to the effect go watch this vally for four days and raidio what you see to higher and only shots getting fired if there is a soft or hard compromise wich they then either move ,exfiltrate, or the security element comes in to help them exfil this notion that sniping is all about shooting and if you have a scoped rifle your going to be a good sniper

makes me chuckle and im sure it makes folks here with there B4 chuckle as well
The Following User Says Thank You to FarmerJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I sell US Military MRE's

+1. Mission specific. Recon is main function.. hence "USMC Scout Sniper School"
The Following User Says Thank You to NHP1127 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,413 Times in 26,303 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJohn View Post
the thing with small group vs large group is a small group can hit anywhere any time a large group has to be every where all the time
Absolutely, It takes time to move the larger force too. A buddy of mine used to say, "It's much easier to turn a speedboat than an aircraft carrier"
Old 06-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Garbage Collector

Thanked 35,951 Times in 8,894 Posts

I plan to stay out of gunfights and urban areas, I've had my fill of close quarters fighting.

Survival will depend on who pulls the trigger first and can hit their target.

There are no bets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,294 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kef3stlmo View Post
Wow. I've never served in the military... and I thought it was common knowledge that a small group of irregulars would never want to go toe to toe with a regular military force.
Don't say that to the viet cong..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delta6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 18,715 Times in 4,884 Posts

this is so dead on correct. You dont hear the Battle Hymn of the Republic going through your head as you charge up the hill. Layered defense and effective commo will be the key. Of course as others have said, it probably wont sink in with some.

An important key is getting into the mind of your enemy. Understanding how he will react under a given circumstance. This is also the key to a sucessful ambush. For example, A suicide bomber with an explosive vest attacks and everyone rushes to aid the wounded only for a car bomb 5 times more powerful to explode at the appropriate time. This will get very nasty and I hope we are all wasting our time preparing for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 26,551 Times in 10,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Shane View Post
I plan to stay out of gunfights and urban areas, I've had my fill of close quarters fighting.

Survival will depend on who pulls the trigger first and can hit their target.

There are no bets.
i'm pretty sure the smart ones will be the ones to be in a position that they don't need to pull the trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
this is so dead on correct. You dont hear the Battle Hymn of the Republic going through your head as you charge up the hill. Layered defense and effective commo will be the key. Of course as others have said, it probably wont sink in with some.

An important key is getting into the mind of your enemy. Understanding how he will react under a given circumstance. This is also the key to a sucessful ambush. For example, A suicide bomber with an explosive vest attacks and everyone rushes to aid the wounded only for a car bomb 5 times more powerful to explode at the appropriate time. This will get very nasty and I hope we are all wasting our time preparing for it.
you know I am pretty sure we wont be fighting organised armies and even if we were why go looking for a fight? only thing youll do is get more men put in your area with the task of hunting you down

I think that in most scenarios while you will have your lawless element the sheep will still for the most part be sheep you wont be fighting hordes of people as first most people will most likely stay put where they are for arguments sake lets say 60% stay put and 40% go

lets say they all scatter to the 8 directions evenly and fan out

my city near me is 229,617 people 40% is 91,846.8

makes 11,480.85 people going each of the 8 directions

alright so heres the fun part

Quote:
In the city the population is spread out with 23.3% under the age of 18, 11.7% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 20.9% from 45 to 64, and 13.7% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 35 years. For every 100 females there are 88.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 84.2 males
so out of those 11,480.85 people

1905.82 are under 18 but older than 5
769.21 are under five
and since 53% of the population is female so 6084.75 are female
and 1572.87 are over the age of 65

so of all the people traveling in any given direction you have roughly

1148.2 people of military age between the ages of 18-64 and male

and every time you double the distance from the city you something like quadruple the land area that you have people diffusing into

so thats not a whole lot of people considering the vounties around mine are sparsly populated

so not really a big issue with fighting alot of folks
Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I sell US Military MRE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
Don't say that to the viet cong..
News flash: The VC got their A++++ handed to them. Same thing for the current "insurgents" in the Middle East. It is the politics that makes us take two steps forward and one back.
The Following User Says Thank You to NHP1127 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azb View Post
Sniping is a great skill. But what is the real use for many of us? I'm certainly not defending myself by plugging people 500yds away. If it's not a declared war, that's simply murder.

And locally, I'd be hard pressed to have a clear shot past 75 yards. In back of our house is deep woods, (think Borneo) and in front are many buildings, curvy roads, and lots of small hills and valleys. Even if I get on my roof, and it's a three story building on a small hill, the clearest shot I could get is about 75 yds.

Strategies are based on situations, and situations always include many, many variables. While long distance shooting is a great skill to have, and can be extremely useful in the right circumstances, there are many where it won't be much good.

Be prepared, and try to develop a whole toolbox of skills. Guerrilla warfare requires resourcefulness.

Az
"Guerrilla warfare requires resourcefulness." Indeed it does.

"Sniping is a great skill. But what is the real use for many of us?"

There are many versions of snipers, don't fall into the trap of thinking along the about the classic military sniper. And as of use to the you think about hitting your target for on. Using the terrain and man made "terrain to mask the shot. You may not always be at your house. You may have to displace if discovered.

I have my retreat area but if their is no choice I will displace in a second to save my family if threatened by superior force. My response to the looters depends on the level of what is going on.

"I'm certainly not defending myself by plugging people 500yds away. If it's not a declared war, that's simply murder."

We used to have a saying "One Mans Freedom Fighter Is another Mans Terrorist. It just depends on what side of the line your standing on"

What one calls self defense (with in reason ) someone else calls murder.
A former Marine friend of min had to defend himself against a murder charge. He had to empty his .45 in to this guy who had up to that time the largest concentration of Angel dust in his system and was drunk 2 times over and came at him with a hawkbill knife.

He said self defense. The family of this turd said murder. He beat the charge.
But you get the drift.

A declared War. We haven't had one of those since WW2. Congress and the POTUS don't have the guts to declare one and neither do the American people.

Every situation will call for something different. 500 yds you better have 3 things. Be well hidden. A plan to bug out. A plan to fight and displace with what you can.

One must do what is necessary and if it is to run away to fight another day or conduct the ambush. It also depends on what level of TEOTWAWKI we are at and yes there are levels. This is part of the tools of the Guerrilla.

It all depends on what your reality is.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:57 AM

I think street gangs will do ok however when they run into someone who actually knows how to shoot well they will suffer losses that they are not used to.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:09 AM

youtube deleted the video for whatever reason