Kenya Mall attack scenario in USA - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Israeli short film depicts Iran nuclear attack scenario RECTIFIER Controversial News and Alternative Politics 11 04-07-2015 02:16 PM
Westgate Mall attack documentary ksmedman Manmade and Natural Disasters 21 09-19-2014 01:14 PM
Kenya police say at least 48 killed in militant attack on town near coastal resort madcritter General Discussion 2 06-16-2014 02:57 PM
The Religion of Peace Strikes Again-Kenyan Mall Attack Immortality General Discussion 202 10-05-2013 10:59 PM
I wonder if the guns used in this mall attack came from Obama? Medieval Man Political News and Discussion 27 09-24-2013 09:00 PM
Apartment Living Scenario Question Long Term Food Scenario 3 Weeks & Longer Hershon2000 Urban Survival 46 07-19-2013 07:53 PM
Sharia now law in Kenya Creek Walker Controversial News and Alternative Politics 8 10-02-2010 01:10 PM
(scenario)-Terror attack scheduled for next Friday morning... countryboy123 General Discussion 18 08-02-2009 03:55 PM
Southcenter Mall - Shots Fired In Shopping Mall - Tukwila Washington Newsfeed General Discussion 5 11-23-2008 11:38 AM
Man Who Plotted Cherry Vale Mall Terror Attack Gets 35 Years Newsfeed General Discussion 0 10-01-2008 07:20 AM

Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Advertise Here

On a local talk radio show last week they interviewed a "mall security expert". This so called expert stated that an attack like this would never happen in the US. His reasons were nearly laughable. He stated that mall security constantly trains to deal with these sort of issues. He further went on to say that mall security could easily identify possible terrorists as soon as they entered the mall.
I don't know about the rest of you, but our malls here where I live are "protected" by people that are a joke. They are unarmed and have empty cuff and OC cases on their duty belts. They ride around on their Segway with a bike helmet on in the mall. They don't exactly give you that feeling that you are well protected.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
4-America

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEmtAlan View Post
On a local talk radio show last week they interviewed a "mall security expert". This so called expert stated that an attack like this would never happen in the US. His reasons were nearly laughable. He stated that mall security constantly trains to deal with these sort of issues. He further went on to say that mall security could easily identify possible terrorists as soon as they entered the mall.
I don't know about the rest of you, but our malls here where I live are "protected" by people that are a joke. They are unarmed and have empty cuff and OC cases on their duty belts. They ride around on their Segway with a bike helmet on in the mall. They don't exactly give you that feeling that you are well protected.
He's right. Haven't you seen the movie "Mall Cops?"
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Tabbed: "Regular Guy"

Thanked 2,655 Times in 1,241 Posts

Best way to avoid a mall attack is to avoid the mall.

Anywho.. yeah, it could happen here.

EB
The Following User Says Thank You to ElevenBravo29th For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Has that guy never watched the movie Paul Blart Mall Cop?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:57 PM
An Awesome Dude

Thanked 3,710 Times in 1,894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmaster1918
I think the Mall of America, in Bloomington, MN is a big target.
If they think it will help thier agenda,I WOULDNT PUT IT PAST THEM!!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 PM

A guitarist is someone that uses a guitar to achieve a goal (spread music), a terrorist is someone that uses terror to achieve a goal (spread terror). Their purpose is not to kill for killings sake. The purpose behind every 'kill' is to make others fear the same fate, therefore make them appease the terrorist.
Being attacked on home soil by an outside enemy was a new thing to Americans on 9/11, but us English suffered it throughout my childhood. I.R.A. bombs were common, I myself was in close proximity to two of them that I am aware of, thankfully not at the moment of explosion. One that blew up the Canary Wharf 'skyscraper' was discovered to have been stored on the industrial estate where I worked and the other I was not nearby but close enough to feel the earth move and hear the boom.
Unfortunately the first one you got was far larger than anything we suffered making the shock twofold, one, that it happened and two, the enormity of it, actually threefold, that they would sacrifice themselves (although this does reduce reoffending somewhat). This made it all to easy for you to fear it happening again. And for the authorities to exploit that fear. I am not having a pop by any means. Our government also exploited it more than they did anything the I.R.A. every inflicted. But actually fearing what they can do is really the only way terrorists can affect the majority of us. In reality terrorist will only ever get very few of us. I suspect that that this is due to one fact that will never change, you have to be pretty damn stupid to think being a terrorist is a good idea, and as Forest says' Stupid is what stupid does'. Lots of bad things of varying degrees of severity happen to everyone. Be alert and prepared and when things happen apply common sense and you greatly increase your chances. No-one can do anything if the truck they are walking by or plane they are flying on explodes, hence I.E.D's are favoured by Insurgents. Don't fear them and they can't defeat you, was what I was brought up on.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Target Shooter

We have seen 3 mass shootings in the last 7 years here. Well the last one in Jersey didn't kill anyone but himself. We had the one at Clackamas town center in Portland or. and the
one back in like '05 at the Tacoma Mall. I have been to both of the later and Security is a joke. They might be able to handle a gang banger shoplifting, but some one determined that is armed, no way.