Votes: 3 3.0%
  • .308 Win

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • 7.62x39mm

Votes: 15 15.2%

Your favorite caliber?

4K views 49 replies 46 participants last post by  techo 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's favorite caliber is.

Edit: Sorry for so little options....Just post in your reply if you favor the .22 or .40 S&W, etc etc.

#14 ·
WTF? No .22LR? Blasting pop cans all day for $15 doesn't appeal to anyone? :cool:

For handguns I'd go with .40S&W -- best compromise between the .45ACP (power) and 9mm (capacity)

Rifles I'd have to go with .30-06 or ".30 caliber rifle" as they called it back in the ol' days

#18 ·
.470 Nitro Express wasn't in the poll.

.470 fits my Best Quality Holland and Holland boxlock double rifle with automatic selective ejectors and single selective trigger I've had since I was a young man back in the seventies, in my dreams.
Elmer Keith, Peter Hathaway Capstick and I used to cull elephant herds back in those days.

Or, I guess .22 long rifle rimfire would be the more realistic choice since that was the only caliber I ever actually won a first place trophy in handgun competition.

#22 ·
I like 'em all!

I have to say the personally I would take any caliber available if it ever came down to needing to defend myself. Of the one's listed, I like 'em all even though I think that 7.62x54r should have been on there!. I voted for the .338LPM because it makes me hot:thumb:..there's something to be said about a round with very similar ballistics to a .50 but the round weighs half as much...if the economy holds out long enough I plan to buy one for my collection!

#23 ·
I voted for the .338LPM because it makes me hot:thumb:..there's something to be said about a round with very similar ballistics to a .50 but the round weighs half as much...if the economy holds out long enough I plan to buy one for my collection!
Ohhh I agree....I dream of FN Hecates in 338lapua dancing about and wake up happy! Mmmmmmm...Hecates *drool* :upsidedown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.