Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-18-2020, 05:07 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,984 Times in 23,309 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by INresponse View Post
It's amazing how some respond. I shared my home remedies with a couple friends and a cousin who were actually tested and confirmed and they were grateful for the information and all three admitted remarkable improvements within a couple days. A forth person, also a relative and a nurse, chastised me for trying to kill her with "voodoo" treatments. She was sick over 2 weeks, the rest of us were only down for 6 or 7 days. It didn't matter to me if she tried it or not. I just offered a few suggestions, but I am not a doctor, nurse, or a member of the media so my advice was wrong in her eyes.
I half expect them to start burning people as witches again, or executing people that go outside without a mask on.

As I have lived my life, I have witnessed the collective IQ of Americans drop off a cliff. If you want a real eye opener, get on the Neighbors APP and look at the ads people write to sell their old appliances, or where they ask if anyone can help with some house maintenance problems.

People cannot write a couple sentences to communicate their message. Not just the grammar and spelling errors ,which are near 100%, but the fundamental lack of any understanding of anything.

They will say they are selling something, like a dryer. They don't include a photo, don't state if it works or not, or if it is gas or electric, or the year, make, or model.

It rained the other day. A woman posts wanting to know how to kill all these darn earthworms on her patio. People explain to her worms are beneficial and harm nothing. Doesn't matter, she wants them all dead. But also stipulates she doesn't want to use poison. I assume she hired an earthworm assassin to cull the stampeding onslaught of earthworms. I hear tell, they are dangerous when they stampede.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 07:10 AM
Tractor.

I think it's totally plausible that the virus was present in our respective populations far before the Chinese admitted their problem, certainly in December. Looking at the amount of air traffic in and out of the US and UK. Plus no one at that point really knew what was going on or how much it could be transmitted.
I'm pretty sure I picked it up at the beginning of February in the UK, before the lockdown began. Fever, chills, cough like I have never had before, horrid lumpy phlegm afterwards, lost my sense of taste and smell. I was knackered for about three weeks afterwards.
There is talk of us only being let back into my particular workplace if we have had the antibody test and been positive... Suppose then I'll know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derv For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 09:14 AM

I am a 62 year old man and recovering NHL cancer patient in remission and asthmatic and I had these symptoms early in Nov low grade fever, extreme bad cough with lots of phlegm, loss of appetite, run down tired finally went to Dr after a couple visits with no improvement I had an X-ray and diagnosed with pneumonia it took to mid March to shake this crap and still have a lingering cough during this time frame I also lost 35lbs. I think I had Covid, should I get an anti body test
The Following User Says Thank You to 357 Magnum For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 05:47 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,273 Times in 3,928 Posts

One person on a thread even accused me of falsely doctoring up my test results that I posted.
I guess I am supposed to be on a ventilator and near death according to some people here.

I guess Iím Superman. Lol.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 02:08 AM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,256 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Magnum View Post
I am a 62 year old man and recovering NHL cancer patient in remission and asthmatic and I had these symptoms early in Nov low grade fever, extreme bad cough with lots of phlegm, loss of appetite, run down tired finally went to Dr after a couple visits with no improvement I had an X-ray and diagnosed with pneumonia it took to mid March to shake this crap and still have a lingering cough during this time frame I also lost 35lbs. I think I had Covid, should I get an anti body test
As I mentioned above, there is no need (at least at this point in my opinion) to worry about an antibody test. You wont win a prize for having the antibodies and it will probably cost you more money just to try and prove it to someone who doesn't matter.

My lingering cough was minimal but it was about 12 weeks before I was able to take a deep breath without coughing.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:15 AM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,256 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
One person on a thread even accused me of falsely doctoring up my test results that I posted.
I guess I am supposed to be on a ventilator and near death according to some people here.

I guess Iím Superman. Lol.
I have friends and family in a couple large cities around the country, as well as others scattered around more rural areas. Those in the medical profession in the hard hit cities are rather vocal and harsh in their opinions and demand, those in the medical profession in the rural areas are seeing minimal problems and urging caution only for those with immune problems or problems like diabetes or blood pressure problems. Maybe city folk have poorer health conditions than the rest of us?
The Following User Says Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 02:45 AM
Gumpherhooberpelt

Thanked 8,462 Times in 2,850 Posts

WORDS TO PONDER - - -
COMPASSION - a deep sympathy for the sorrows of others, with an urge to alleviate their pain.
EMPATHY - ability to imagine oneself in the condition of another; a vicarious participation in anotherís emotions.
SYMPATHY- a general kinship with anotherís feelings no matter of what kind.
MERCY - A disposition to be kind and forgiving.
CONDOLENCE - Sympathy with a person who has experienced pain, grief, or misfortune.
COMMISERATION - a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others.
RUTH - Compassion or pity for another.
PITY - Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.
KINDNESS - the practice or quality of being kind.
KIND - Having or showing a friendly, generous, sympathetic, or warm-hearted nature.
GENEROUS - 1. Liberal in giving or sharing. 2. Showing kindness and magnanimity.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,021 Times in 3,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
So, do you have any comments on this MIT test as an improved screening tool for travellers? Currently it is just used for cancer patients so they can know when their white blood cells are dead from their chemo. Apparently, this is an early indication of Covid infection.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...4&postcount=22
I don't now enough to comment. But it seems this would be another screening tool but not diagnostic.

Is there something specific in the WBC you are looking for that is released when it dies fighting a C19 virus?
Old 05-19-2020, 07:12 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,273 Times in 3,928 Posts

I am scheduled to take the Antibodies test tomorrow at Quest Diagnostic Lab here in Massachusetts. Total 129.00 for the test. 930 am tomorrow morning
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 07:15 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,984 Times in 23,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im RIght View Post
I don't now enough to comment. But it seems this would be another screening tool but not diagnostic.

Is there something specific in the WBC you are looking for that is released when it dies fighting a C19 virus?
No, just that when I googled early characteristics of the virus, several articles listed leucopenia.
I guess the white blood cells are simply consumed in the battle with the virus.

The one article I linked correlated the degree of leucopenia with the predicted severity of the illness for that patient.

Then I looked for a quick and easy test for leucopenia and the new MIT gadget popped up.

I guess it is simply a microscope of some sort that looks through the skin and shows the single file blood cells passing through the capillaries.

if you notice a distinct absence of white blood cells, you know to quarantine the passenger and do a specific test for the virus.

The only way we are going to get 10 million people tested and retested daily on an ongoing basis is to have a simple automated test like this has the potential to be. You could even automate entry doors to old folks homes etc. to require a "passing score" on a finger test.

Might need to further develop the test to automate the count.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post: