Default Trump Family Sacrifices For Vets

Advertise Here

Just in time for Veterans Day

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50338236
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 12,403 Times in 5,552 Posts

At least the President didn't join clinton in Canada.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,358 Times in 19,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseman View Post
At least the President didn't join clinton in Canada.
The rich and connected don't have to go to Canada. They go to Oxford(Clinton) or develop temporary 'bone spurs'(Trump).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Clinton's Hitman

Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,598 Posts

Even Bolton the Warmonger AVOIDED the service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 12:21 AM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 17,061 Times in 5,257 Posts

I don’t know which is worse. Trump Jr comparing his financial sacrifice to the resting service members at Arlington or the Arizona Politician using his dead service buddies for some Twitter cred.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 12:32 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 22,152 Times in 9,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post
I donít know which is worse. Trump Jr comparing his financial sacrifice to the resting service members at Arlington or the Arizona Politician using his dead service buddies for some Twitter cred.
The first one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 AM

I guess you think differently if you're not visiting someone. You don't have anyone to talk to.
The Following User Says Thank You to williammandella For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 55,549 Times in 19,312 Posts

So what? Few civvies have a clue anyway.

I'd end up beat my hands to bloody stumps just trying to straighten out those who actually mean well.

Those that criticized Trump Jr. are just as misguided as Trump Jr himself. It's just faux virtue signalling in opposition to someone clueless. But while T-Jr was just being clueless the critics had an attack agenda. So they get a bad motive mark on top.

Unless a service member or vet actually commits a crime, then the civvies should just shut up about us.

Go to church on Memorial Day instead of BBQing, give vets the day off on Nov11, and give us a few bonus points when we look for a job. Otherwise quit trying to weigh in on something you can't fathom.

Seriously, why do you civvies stay in our business?

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 05:59 AM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 12,403 Times in 5,552 Posts

Canada, Oxford, what's the difference.
He was the first (and only) pardoned federal felon to serve as President of the United States. Then later, of course, he committed numerous felonies which resulted in his impeachment.
President Trump is a choir boy compares to that joker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 40,972 Times in 9,714 Posts

I really get tired of the "bone spurs" moniker

It's like he had a choice?

When the military declares you 4F, there's not much you can do about it!

My BIL, was declared 4F because of his back, that was 50yrs ago, he's never had any back issues in his life, yet he's the only one in my immediate family with no service with exception of a few nephews now

I guess he'd go thru hell if he ran for POTUS

I'd gladly do another stint in the Corps, I wouldn't want to put up with the crap the Trumps are having to go thru
Old 11-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Clinton's Hitman

Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyFeathers View Post
I really get tired of the "bone spurs" moniker

It's like he had a choice?

My BIL, was declared 4F because of his back, that was 50yrs ago, he's never had any back issues in his life, yet he's the only one in my immediate family with no service with exception of a few nephews now

I guess he'd go thru hell if he ran for POTUS

I'd gladly do another stint in the Corps, I wouldn't want to put up with the crap the Trumps are having to go thru
But he never actually had bone spurs. A tenant of his father, who was doctor, fabricated the letter. Note today, portly, at over 300 lbs, he gets along pretty well on his two feet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,085 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
So what? Few civvies have a clue anyway.

I'd end up beat my hands to bloody stumps just trying to straighten out those who actually mean well.

Those that criticized Trump Jr. are just as misguided as Trump Jr himself. It's just faux virtue signalling in opposition to someone clueless. But while T-Jr was just being clueless the critics had an attack agenda. So they get a bad motive mark on top.

Unless a service member or vet actually commits a crime, then the civvies should just shut up about us.

Go to church on Memorial Day instead of BBQing, give vets the day off on Nov11, and give us a few bonus points when we look for a job. Otherwise quit trying to weigh in on something you can't fathom.

Seriously, why do you civvies stay in our business?
The problem I have is that many of the people criticizing trump where also protesting Vietnam or sympathetic to those who protested Vietnam. So trump has now made the left pro Vietnam war ? Seriously ?

I wasn’t alive during the Vietnam war. I like to think I wouldn’t have gone, as I think foreign wars are unjust . I also think the draft is unjust ( as did Ronald Reagan ) especially when it’s a foreign war not somebody actually invading the USA. Again it’s hard to have an opinion about so thing that was over before I was born in a very different time.

We as a society no longer draft people for foreign wars. So I guess in many ways we have moved past that also.

If some guy who was drafted and fought in Vietnam wants to criticize trump I’ll at least listen. But he better have said the same about clinton and other lefties.

But anybody who supported Clinton or any other person of that era who dodged the draft is a hypocrite. And the same for somebody like Jane finds and her ilk. I mean the left called Vietnam vets “ baby killers” and not they want to use the same mouth to criticize trump for not going ? Zero credibility with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 55,549 Times in 19,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyFeathers View Post
There were instances of 4F abuse. On the other hand, it's like a criminal accusation in that without a proper investigation then it is slander. Like some of these #MeToo accusations these people get convicted in the public arena with no chance at a trial and redemption.

If the 4F was legit then any accusation is pure junk. Vietnam was a hellhole that anyone told not to go should have heeded. I enlisted only a few years after the draft ended. I had my time in another hell hole. You'll never see me complaining I missed Vietnam. Wars are like marriages in that messing with another man's war is supremely foolish. I had to hear about Khe Sanh and the 444 Days of Marine captivity in Tehran from the guys who actually lived it. Not for one half second in Beirut did I ever wish I had been in those other places instead of the crap where I was. I don't envy the GW1, Iraq, Korea, Iwo Jima, or Korangal Valley vets either. I leave their war brides to them and stick to making peace with mine.

The fact is that troops don't want other troops around that didn't volunteer. Men without commitment are a liability. The man next to you needs to be willing to cover your back, not look to run away. Nothing is scarier to a troop than the idea of a rout of your fellow men. It spells an ugly and ignoble death. The kind where they find you later nailed to a tree mutilated.

We also only want one man per family per generation. Could you imagine being the Sullivan Brother's parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
But he never actually had bone spurs. A tenant of his father, who was doctor, fabricated the letter. Note today, portly, at over 300 lbs, he gets along pretty well on his two feet.
Ever seen Trump? He's no butter ball. He was weighed in 2018 at 236, not 300. He's also 71 yrs old. At that age you have to eat like a bird to stay lean. The extra pounds are of no risk to him.

They might even be good for him. Smoking, drinking, and extra pounds are unhealthy when you are under 60, but are of a bonus over 60 if you didn't over indulge before then.

A man his size isn't burdened by 250lbs on his feet.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 9,459 Times in 3,419 Posts

I am not fan of John McCain. But I voted for him, and Bob Dole.
Both went through a lot of pain in the service for their country.
Yet the same Media that will quote Trump from a 1993 Howard Stern
interview wouldn't bother to tell us their service made them at
all more qualified to be President.

Bill Clinton, and Barry Obama set the bar for being President. You
need to be a smooth talker, and lie well. Republicans Tried to give
us another Veteran but learned that its hard to find a Veteran that
lies as well as John F Kerry, so we had to give up on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 PM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 17,061 Times in 5,257 Posts

Too much TDS and TWS in this thread already. Read the OP article. It is about Trump Jr’s comments and a Senator Veteran from Arizona’s reaction to those comments.